Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Beefy78 wrote: »
    MGS is my favourite series ever but the fifth game isn't for me. It just isn't a Metal Gear Solid game and as someone else said the repetitive gameplay gets very old very quick.

Yeah I got about ten hours into it before I bailed. And even at I felt like I'd barely scratched the surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Would it be a good idea to get the collection game on ps3 for all the previous games before MGSV? Or should I wait until after, since MGSV does not fit in with the rest? I've never played metal gear before.

The original PS1 title isn't part of that collection, although it can be bought separately for the PS3 in the PS Store. It's not a HD remaster though so it looks fairly crap on a HDTV.

The storylines of these games are overcooked and nonsensical. Complete and utter bullsh*t. Interesting characters just about hold it all together but either way you're not gonna be playing these games for their gripping plots.

If you want to play MGSV then do yourself a favour and just go ahead and play it, because forcing yourself through older titles, while you have one eye on the one you actually want to play, is a bad idea.

Check out some videos online if you want the lowdown on the previous games, but don't get too hung up on it. And if you like MGSV it might inspire you to revisit the other games.

Would it be a good idea to get the collection game on ps3 for all the previous games before MGSV? Or should I wait until after, since MGSV does not fit in with the rest? I've never played metal gear before.

How's Bloodborne going for you?

I am on Vicar Amelia at the moment (I've done all optional stuff up until this point). I have 27 hours played which feels like A LOT considering I'm not that far. I've never played a souls game before.
    Anyways, I am really enjoying it, I absolutely love the architecture of the world and how when you go to ledge and look at the city you can see places where you've already been. I am really trying my best to keep a level head, I haven't really got too frustrated, I die at least 20 times on each boss but I learn from my deaths. It does get annoying farming blood vials all the time though. I love the challenge though, I tried the first chalice and got as far as this huge dog on fire then I left it.

Anyways, yeah I am really enjoying it and I'd say it'll be in my top 5 games of all time when I'm finished. It still feels like early days but I'd say I'll go for a platinum and more playthroughs when I am finished.

I'm going to give the Souls games a bash sometime. But I don't know... see demon souls and dark souls are very very expensive second hand, and there is chance they'll be remastered. What do you think?

Yeah it's a fantastic game. Just remarkable in every way. I'm on the DLC now so should have the whole lot wrapped up in the next day or two. I'm at about 45 hours I'd say, so don't worry about how long it takes. Plus you'll find that you'll get through the final few areas at a good pace because you're just stronger and better.

I'm not sure about the remasters. There's some speculation but nothing concrete. I certainly wouldn't be holding out for them. I started DS1 earlier in the week and the older graphics don't bother me, not in the slightest. It still looks great. Yes, it's €25 second hand which is expensive for an old PS3 game, but it's an absolute bargain for the value it offers. Demon's Souls is currently €5.99 on the PS Store, down from €19.99. Bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Demons Souls is €6? Savage, I'll sell you mine if you want a physical copy lads, look for it on Adverts soon enough

• Advertisement

Demons Souls is €6? Savage, I'll sell you mine if you want a physical copy lads, look for it on Adverts soon enough

Yeah, and I picked it up at that price about a year ago as well. Still haven't got around to actually playing it yet, except for the first area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Yeah, and I picked it up at that price about a year ago as well. Still haven't got around to actually playing it yet, except for the first area.

Seriously, play it.
    Best Souls game, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Demon's's Souls, the only game in the series i couldn't complete. It badly needs a remaster, I'd love to try it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Its **** hard, by a mile the most difficult IMO, though the mechanics were less refined and more awkward too, along with it being basically impossible to level up weapons to high levels without copious grinding.

I don't think it holds a candle to Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne but each to their own of course.

Its definitely a must by at €6 though

F1ngers wrote: »
    Seriously, play it.
    Best Souls game, imo.

Oh I'll absolutely be playing it. I just wasn't able for it at the time, but since then I've popped my Souls cherry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I thought the Dark Souls games were remastered for the PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I thought the Dark Souls games were remastered for the PS4?

Dark Souls 2 got a PS4 release with the dlc, Dark Souls 1 isn't available on the PS4. The only console all 3 Dark Souls games are playable on is the Xbox One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Summer sale on in US and CAN store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Summer sale on in US and CAN store.

Anything good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Soma is half price $14.99 on canada store. Get further 10% off by getting a psplus 2day trial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXBSwFMrDY8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

A mate just messaged me earlier stating UFC 2 was $29.99 on the Canada store, not sure if he was looking at US Store and thinking it was Canada store or not...

Can't confirm this as the Canada store won't load for me but if this is the case it's an absolute bargain works out as about €20-€21 last time I checked pcgamesupply for codes anyways...

EDIT: Actually $39.99 on Canada store so must be $29.99 on US store..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not a bargain bit for anyone thinking about getting ufc 2 as above, there is a free 5 hour trial for it on xbone and ps4 this weekend only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Originally posted in the gaming bargins thread.
    Uncharted 4 €39.99 on the Playstation Store until midnight Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Beefy78 wrote: »
    MGS is my favourite series ever but the fifth game isn't for me. It just isn't a Metal Gear Solid game and as someone else said the repetitive gameplay gets very old very quick.

Heh, amazing how MGSV divides opinion.

Bar MGS1, i thought the other games (which I all played to completion, bar MGSIV as I was losing the will to live with that by the time I was young Snake) were awful, awful brainfarts of a repressed/**** film director with worst-in-class stealth gameplay stapled on.

I love MGSV, that the gameplay and all the different ways you could tackle a situation was amazing - the exact opposite of repetitive, I replayed my fave missions multiple times, tackling them in different ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

You can get doom on amazon for £28. Comes to about €33 these days. I bought it off Amazon a couple of weeks ago for £30 and it cost me €41. Some difference!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ZF3255A/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468157836&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=doom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yup, have been using CamelCamelCamel to keep an eye on that. Will definitely purchase at some stage, just in no rush as I have plenty to keep me going at the moment.

BTW the Amazon Prime sale is tomorrow. Might be some gaming deals and I guess one could sign up for a free Prime trial to take advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

You can get doom on amazon for £28. Comes to about €33 these days. I bought it off Amazon a couple of weeks ago for £30 and it cost me €41. Some difference!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ZF3255A/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468157836&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=doom

£25 on Game website with UAC Pack:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/doom-with-only-at-game-uac-pack-1035143?pageSize=40&categoryIdentifier=737260

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

PS4 + Uncharted 4 £239 (roughly €280 atm) for 24 hours only.
    Must be an Amazon Prime member.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EV0TO92?tag=nintlife-21

And on that note, can PS4 be delivered through Parcel Motel for the standard €4 charge or would it be dearer?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I had posted previously that FFXV was available for pre order on Zavvi for around €55.

I checked it yesterday and its down to €45.99 so I cancelled my original order and went with that.

The money isn't charged until its ready to ship either.

I know some people have had issues with delivery times from Zavvi in the past but I've never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Jasper79

I had posted previously that FFXV was available for pre order on Zavvi for around €55.

I checked it yesterday and its down to €45.99 so I cancelled my original order and went with that.

The money isn't charged until its ready to ship either.

I know some people have had issues with delivery times from Zavvi in the past but I've never had a problem with them.

Thanks for the heads up , have preordered it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    PS4 + Uncharted 4 £239 (roughly €280 atm) for 24 hours only.
    Must be an Amazon Prime member.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EV0TO92?tag=nintlife-21

And on that note, can PS4 be delivered through Parcel Motel for the standard €4 charge or would it be dearer?.

Not sure about Motel but Parcel Connect (a similar service) have a 20kg limit for €4.50.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It'd be way more than €4 on parcel motel.

If your parcel does not fit in the Parcel Motel, we will notify you and make alternative arrangements. Please scroll down for full details of our charges or click here to calculate the cost for your oversized/overweight parcel.

The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 × 38 × 64 cm
    The maximum weight is 10 kg
    The following charges will apply to oversize/overweight parcels, but we recommend that you use our oversize calculator by clicking here.

Oversized / Overweight Service Under 55 kg Over 55 kg in actual or dimensional weight
    Collection at any Parcel Motel (Nightline) Depot by you, or a third party courier * €7.00 per parcel for 48 hours In addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, there is a supplement of €7.00 per 10 kg (over the 55 kg) or part thereof per parcel
    Delivery to an alternative address – Any address in Ireland including Northern Ireland is an option available to customers. A supplement of €7.95 in addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, so €14.95 in total per parcel A supplement of €7.00 in addition to the total Parcel Motel charge (€7.00 charge plus €7.00 per 10 kg (over the 55 kg) or part thereof per parcel)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement