Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Arkham Knight is a lot better than I thought it would be. Worth a go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Arkham Knight is a lot better than I thought it would be. Worth a go.

Oh its good but the driving parts can be very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Project Cars GOTY is €30 in Smyths.

What type of racer is this? Sim? Arcadey?

Is it 30 or 60fps?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

djdunny wrote: »
    Spotted The Witcher 3 for 24.99 (New) in Smyths today.

Available on PS4 & XBOne

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?q=the%20witcher%203#1&profile=IE

Stolen from regular bargain alerts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

EoinHef wrote: »
    What type of racer is this? Sim? Arcadey?

Is it 30 or 60fps?

60fps (well, it tries to be) very much a sim to the poit where you'll have a lot tweaking to do to make it enjoyable to play with a pad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

LunarSea wrote: »
    60fps (well, it tries to be) very much a sim to the poit where you'll have a lot tweaking to do to make it enjoyable to play with a pad.

Have a decent wheel for this and will be using it.

If you want to make using a pad in a racing game a little easier you need to be using the left stick like a wheel. Change your neutral position from the centre to the top of the stick, then rotate around the edges to steer rather than trying to gauge it yourself by going directly left or right. Can take a bit of getting used to but will improve your game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

If anyone owns Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty on the PS4 it is showing free for cross play on PS3/vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

If anyone owns Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty on the PS4 it is showing free for cross play on PS3/vita.

It has always been cross-buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

It has always been cross-buy.

Was it not only for PS4 when it was on the PS Plus monthly games last year?

I only seem to have the PS4 version and noticed it on the store now as cross play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Was it not only for PS4 when it was on the PS Plus monthly games last year?

I only seem to have the PS4 version and noticed it on the store now as cross play

It came out first for PS4 with PS3 and Vita come out afterwards but it was always crossbuy so you could pick up the other two for free as soon as they were released once you had the PS4 version. Same with Don't Starve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Battleborn £12.95

don't know how much delivery is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Oh its good but the driving parts can be very annoying.

Make sure you have got the right control settings for driving. The batmobile becomes far less of a chore to drive once you change the controls from the default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Make sure you have got the right control settings for driving. The batmobile becomes far less of a chore to drive once you change the controls from the default.

what do you suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Garden Warfare 2 for $23.99? I'm all over that.

Skerries wrote: »
    what do you suggest?

There's only two control options in the settings. The one that isn't the default is much easier to control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Unbelievable game for that value... Thoroughly enjoyed what I played of the second, online is fantastic... The first game was really under rated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Some of the games are working out cheaper on the Canada store after exchange rates are taken into account,
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEPS4GAM/2
    just use Pcgamesupply.com to purchase credit for Canadian account. $20 Canadian is €13.98 while $20 US is €18.12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Last of Us Remastered for CAN$12. Almost feel like I'm robbing it at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Have a decent wheel for this and will be using it.

If you want to make using a pad in a racing game a little easier you need to be using the left stick like a wheel. Change your neutral position from the centre to the top of the stick, then rotate around the edges to steer rather than trying to gauge it yourself by going directly left or right. Can take a bit of getting used to but will improve your game.

I haven't had a problem with the steering, it is more a sim over Forza etc though so that did take some getting used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Picked up Journey on PS4 yesterday for 5.49.

What an experience. I'm still thinking about it today. Amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I picked it up also absolutely great craic that game is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

Can I order straight from play store Canada for Ps3 sale or do I need a proxy set up on my PS to use the code to download the game.
    So I buy in online on phone and then use the code on ps3 and it works on the PS store Ireland?

EDIT: i got sorted. went through Pcgamesupply for store coupon code, set up canada psn.
    Downloaded the bundle now but not sure if the DLC for call of duty will work in europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bigmike99 wrote: »
    Can I order straight from play store Canada for Ps3 sale or do I need a proxy set up on my PS to use the code to download the game.
    So I buy in online on phone and then use the code on ps3 and it works on the PS store Ireland?

EDIT: i got sorted. went through Pcgamesupply for store coupon code, set up canada psn.
    Downloaded the bundle now but not sure if the DLC for call of duty will work in europe?

You have to buy the DLC for the Canada account....

Wont work with European DLC unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Roar wrote: »
    Picked up Journey on PS4 yesterday for 5.49.

What an experience. I'm still thinking about it today. Amazing.

cheers OP! been waiting for that to be reduced on PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Been looking at journey or rapture. Which would you recommend

Can I ask what's the big deal re journey? It looks kinda boring tbh from what I have seen

It definitely isn't boring. It's a two and a half hour game. I could see why it would not be for everyone but boring wouldn't be a criticism I could see about it.

Personally it's in my top five games ever and was my favourite game of the last generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Definitely take Journey over Rapture no question. Journey is a special game alright, a real case of less is more. I've played through it a few times on the PS3 and 4 over the years. It's fun getting to meet randomers in the game and not really being able to talk to them but you both know what has to be done. One person showed me a few shortcuts and secrets just by following him, I thought he was lost a the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

On PS3 I played maybe 10 mins of Journey and didn't think it was my thing...

Came out of hospital a few weeks ago and could barely play any games at all, but I went back to Journey, and I totally get it now after that, I was left a blubbering mess after.... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement