Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

Just picked up the last of us from the Canada store. I've heard good things. Hopefully it's not been overhyped for me. Expectations are quite high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Journey was like playing through a dream. Played it again last night. Simply magical.

I loved Rapture too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just picked up the last of us from the Canada store. I've heard good things. Hopefully it's not been overhyped for me. Expectations are quite high

superb...you will not be disappointed...except when you finish it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So jealous of these people getting to play TLOU and Journey for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Journey is the best thing to happen to video games in the last 10 years

• Advertisement

You lot have convinced me. Journey bought too. So TLOU and Journey with a bottle of wine for me tonight once i get the nipper to sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I have journey about three years and never played it, was saving it for a special occasion -perhaps Ill play it tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Been looking at journey or rapture. Which would you recommend

Can I ask what's the big deal re journey? It looks kinda boring tbh from what I have seen

Journey is a million times better than Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. The latter bored me senseless because of the pace. The walking is far too slow.

Journey is great especially when played with a randomer online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was holding off for a week or so but feck it, will pick up Journey and play tonight as well seeing as it's turning into a bit of a Journey night on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I thought Rapture was a fantastic game. I haven't played Journey yet ,but from what I've read ,it only lasts about 2hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Journey is an amazing experience, but it's not really that much of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

There's no hating going on, it is an amazing experience but there's very little gameplay.

Take something like Bayonetta, Resogun or Virtua Fighter. They all have complex gameplay systems and mechanics that take a while to master. Journey doesn't.

Congrats on the Star Wars gif, "nerds gonna nerd", I guess.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic, bargain alerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

You all convinced me too, going to pick up Journey. Only 5.49 on PS Store so sounds like a bargain going by reviews here.

Definitely get The Last of Us while it's priced low, the extra story based around Ellie was excellent too. Loved it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

LunarSea wrote: »
    Is it any wonder there's so many people that steer clear of this place with mods bursting a blood vessel about the tiniest thing?

'Sake.

A lot of people "follow" bargain alert threads, looking for bargains - not waffle.

I follow certain threads and hate when I check them and see inane posts that are way o/t.

Inane posts deleted - stay on topic please

Waffle? We were talking about one of the games that was on offer. I like to see opinions on what is on offer without having to trawl the broken mess of a search engine this site uses, not cry into my Cornflakes when there's two posts not advertising bargains.

Mods around here don't seem to understand how to use discretion. You have, quite ironically, derailed the thread more by not allowing natural conversation (again, about the product that was on offer) to flow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

LunarSea wrote: »
    Waffle? We were talking about one of the games that was on offer. I like to see opinions on what is on offer without having to trawl the broken mess of a search engine this site uses, not cry into my Cornflakes when there's two posts not advertising bargains.

Mods around here don't seem to understand how to use discretion. You have, quite ironically, derailed the thread more by not allowing natural conversation (again, about the product that was on offer) to flow.

But there's a discussion thread available no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Can anyone suggest a good non online flying\shooting game cheap on the PS3? Doesnt seem to be many around? Or tank and warship for that matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tom Clancy's HAWX?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Had them delivered last night - they're brilliant. Got them to replace my old Turtle Beach Ear Force X41's and they're so much better. The signal is clearer, there's no crackling and they sound amazing - so much so that they make Battlefront feel like a better game. Best £50 you'll spend on a headset easily.

Had them delivered last night - they're brilliant. Got them to replace my old Turtle Beach Ear Force X41's and they're so much better. The signal is clearer, there's no crackling and they sound amazing - so much so that they make Battlefront feel like a better game. Best £50 you'll spend on a headset easily.

Give them a week or two to break in and they will become really comfortable . I could wear mine all day ;)

Superhero sale on US and Can store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Superhero sale on US and Can store.

Anything good for us stuck in work? :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    Anything good for us stuck in work? :D

Arkham knight $18 , $30 with pass,

Lego Batman $8,

Not really a lot more :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Infamous: Second Son down to $11 worth a look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

maximoose wrote: »

I enjoyed it for what it was, excellent gameplay but a fairly average story compared to the first two.

For that price I'd definitely recommend it. If you haven't already I'd give it's DLC, First Light a go. It was excellent and should give you a taste of the main game before you buy.

Another thing to consider is that it warrants two playthroughs to see all the different choices, so some added replay value there. It's a fairly simple platinum trophy too if that's your kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

maximoose wrote: »

For that price YES! It was great fun to play and looked stunning.

Soma is cheap ($11). Worth a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Soma is cheap ($11). Worth a punt?

was 5 euro on the irish store was it not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement