Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

hefferboi wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up either Just Cause 3 or UFC 2. Has anyone played either?? Are they worth €30??

I paid €35 for JC3 second hand. I like it. On par with JC2. Worth €30 for sure if you like action and explosions and liberating towns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I paid €35 for JC3 second hand. I like it. On par with JC2. Worth €30 for sure if you like action and explosions and liberating towns

Yeah Just Cause 3 is really good especially the wing suit and using multiple grapples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

some freebies on the PS store for PS3 and 4 unless otherwise stated!

Life is strange episode 1
    Battlefield 4 Night operations (add on)
    Battlefield 4 legacy operaions (map) PS4 only
    Battlefield 4 community operaions (map)
    Battlefield hardline criminal activity (level)
    battlefield 3 physical warfare pack (add on)

The new sale is the Summer sale which is for a month with some offers only available for 2 weeks meaning there probably will be new discounts mid way through the sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Neverwinter RPG free on PS4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Neverwinter RPG free on PS4

Yeah and its not too bad for a free game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah and its not too bad for a free game :)

Is there a load of paywall stuff? Like does it require people to buy in game currency etc to get any fun out of it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Is there a load of paywall stuff? Like does it require people to buy in game currency etc to get any fun out of it?

Well I'm at level 15ish and there's so much to unlock and all, not sure about the paid stuff cos I didn't bother looking at it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Uncharted 4 now £27.99 at amazon. Think I'll finally bite at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Divinity:Original Sin now €18.99 down from 59.99 on the PS Store

Loads more on there on the Summer Sale..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Batman: Arkham Knight on PS4

$13.67 on Amazon US

Total cost including shipping/taxes :

$21.12 / € 18.18

http://amzn.to/2aq8pKK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Batman: Arkham Knight on PS4

$13.67 on Amazon US

Total cost including shipping/taxes :

$21.12 / € 18.18

http://amzn.to/2aq8pKK

It's going for 20 euro now on the PS store for the next 4 weeks.

morritty wrote: »
    It's going for 20 euro now on the PS store for the next 4 weeks.

Still nearly 2 quid cheaper for a physical disc.

I'm old school, prefer to have the disc!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Still nearly 2 quid cheaper for a physical disc.

I'm old school, prefer to have the disc!!! :)

You might have a bit of bother trading it if you ever want to being a North American copy. I don't think the likes of Gamestop accept them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

You might have a bit of bother trading it if you ever want to being a North American copy. I don't think the likes of Gamestop accept them.

Both my local Gamestop and CeX usually have a few NA copies of games on their second hand shelves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

LunarSea wrote: »
    Both my local Gamestop and CeX usually have a few NA copies of games on their second hand shelves.

Oh, I stand corrected.
    I seen to remember people having trouble with GS in particular. Maybe they have changed their policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Oh, I stand corrected.
    I seen to remember people having trouble with GS in particular. Maybe they have changed their policy.

GS tend to just go off the bar code, if it scans it's on their system and then it's good.

I don't trade games at the moment so I don't think it's an issue for me. A good proportion of my games and actually the PS4 itself are all from the US. So yes presumably I won't be able to trade them.

Varik wrote: »
    GS tend to just go off the bar code, if it scans it's on their system and then it's good.

But they don't have US barcodes on system, so you'll get an error when one of them are scanned.

Provided there's an SKU for it on system, they'll just manually look it up.

I can see why they might have an issue with US discs (as you need any DLC to come from the same PSN Store), but it's a bit rich considering they were flogging some Capcom titles (as new) that they got in from their Nordic stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

But they don't have US barcodes on system, so you'll get an error when one of them are scanned.

Provided there's an SKU for it on system, they'll just manually look it up.

I can see why they might have an issue with US discs (as you need any DLC to come from the same PSN Store), but it's a bit rich considering they were flogging some Capcom titles (as new) that they got in from their Nordic stores.

Dlc from any region psn store within the PAL territories will work with any EU copy iirc. Wish the PS4 had a more global system wrt dlc and redemption codes like the Xbox though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Journey collectors edition is €10 in Smyths . I can't find stock anywhere though.

Ratchet and Clank is €25 and Doom €35 . There's a bit more on there as well .

Happy hunting.

Totally digital summer sale on on PS Irish store , mainly Indie titles.

Totally digital summer sale on on PS Irish store , mainly Indie titles.

There is also the summer sale on PSN which has lots of AAA games that only started this week.

Same as last time, it's actually cheaper to buy the Witcher 3 and the season pass separately, the season pass also isn't reduced when you compare the bundle to them separately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Same as last time, it's actually cheaper to buy the Witcher 3 and the season pass separately, the season pass also isn't reduced when you compare the bundle to them separately.

They look the same price to me bar 1c. Game & Expansion Pass = 49.99, game (24.99) and pass (24.99) separately. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    They look the same price to me bar 1c. Game & Expansion Pass = 49.99, game (24.99) and pass (24.99) separately. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Ye, so if anyone is looking for a bargain they're better off getting the base game as the pass/DLC is still full price. There's no saving getting the bundle and it's actually 1c more.

Buy base game, there's 100s of hours in that and get the DLC later or if it's reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

Helldivers is €10 in argos at the minute

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ye, so if anyone is looking for a bargain they're better off getting the base game as the pass/DLC is still full price. There's no saving getting the bundle and it's actually 1c more.

Buy base game, there's 100s of hours in that and get the DLC later or if it's reduced.

Aye, loving the game at the minute but ages away from finishing it so will leave buying the dlc until later in the year.

Withrax wrote: »
    Helldivers is €10 in argos at the minute

Am tempted by this but hace heard that it's no fun solo, thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Am tempted by this but hace heard that it's no fun solo, thoughts?

It was on Plus a few months back if you picked it up and forgot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement