Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I was going to avoid the Sale but I'd been looking at MLB The Show 16 at £40 and couldn't turn it down at £16.

Also picked up Arkham City and Doom (classic) on PS3 for next to nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Cormac... wrote: »
    I found it entertaining for like 30 minutes, then I was bored with it.

EDIT: Am talking about Grow-Home, nit to be confused with Gone-Home

Yeah I can understand how you could be.

I've already finished it and enjoyed it. It was a nice relaxing change from playing doom for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I was going to avoid the Sale but I'd been looking at MLB The Show 16 at £40 and couldn't turn it down at £16.

I've been looking at getting that also. Now we get free BT channels with eir I've been watching a bit of MLB even if I don't understand half of the rules. :pac:

Seems to get decent reviews too. Anyone else here play it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anyone having trouble buying stuff from the store? Keeps telling my card details are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Anyone having trouble buying stuff from the store? Keeps telling my card details are wrong.

I had a lot of hassle with that before for no apparent reason. I ended up using a Paypal account instead to pay for stuff and that's what I've continued to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Hey guys. Just returned from abroad and was curious if you guys buy your PS+ direct via store or do you buy any codes online at reduced costs were it becomes worthwhile sourcing it elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I buy on the store. No real discounts to be found most of the time as foreign PS+ subscriptions do not work with Irish PSN accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

i would say its worth opening a US psn account though and buying us credit as the sales they get are far better..although then there is the fact that you have to buy any add ons from that same ps store..

bigphil2 wrote: »
    i would say its worth opening a US psn account though and buying us credit as the slaes they get are far better..although then there is the fact that you have to buy any add ons from that same ps store..

It's actually better value to create a Canadian account over a US one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Really? did know that..

ill do it tonight,cheers!

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Really? did know that..

ill do it tonight,cheers!

Yeah it's due to better conversion between euro and Canadian dollar. Also to buy credit use pcgamesupply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I think they are starting to cop this in Sony, I've seen a few times a game for $3.99 in the US store will be $4.49 in the Canadian store :)

RedXIV wrote: »
    I think they are starting to cop this in Sony, I've seen a few times a game for $3.99 in the US store will be $4.49 in the Canadian store :)

Yeah I've noticed it too during the last flash sale that there were some games that were cheaper on the US store over the canadian one. But a AA game in the US would be $69.99 (€62) and $79.99 (€54) on Canadian store. You are actually better off having both a Canadian and US account.

Would the Amazing Spiderman Franchise Pack be worth picking up for €15?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Cheers for the shout lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Yep. Saw Unravel at 9.99 and decided to get it for the kids. I've never bought from the PS Store before so I added my cc details. Apparently my credit card isn't good enough for them so I think I'll keep my money. :mad:

Yep. Saw Unravel at 9.99 and decided to get it for the kids. I've never bought from the PS Store before so I added my cc details. Apparently my credit card isn't good enough for them so I think I'll keep my money. :mad:

Just use a Paypal Account instead.

I just buy the psn credit cards , I don't store any credit card or paypal details on my PSN account. I'm on the All you can eat data plan with 3, when my 30 days are up after I top up by €20 to activate the plan I use hmvGamecredit to buy €20 psn credit with the €20 phone credit from the previous month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I just buy the psn credit cards , I don't store any credit card or paypal details on my PSN account. I'm on the All you can eat data plan with 3, when my 30 days are up after I top up by €20 to activate the plan I use hmvGamecredit to buy €20 psn credit with the €20 phone credit from the previous month.

I didn't know you could do this, have loads of 3 credit to spend.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    I didn't know you could do this, have loads of 3 credit to spend.

yeah you just text PSN20 to 51000 and €23.50 is taken from your credit, the redeem code is sent straight away.
    You can also buy 90 days PsPlus for €20.95 and even Xbox Live gold , credit and Fifa 16 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's not that good, get them inside instead!

Do you ever make a phone call? :)

sweetie wrote: »
    Do you ever make a phone call? :)

I just use viber or whatsapp to make any calls to people not on Three :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This is the first I have ever heard of this. How long have they been doing it?

lertsnim wrote: »
    This is the first I have ever heard of this. How long have they been doing it?

It's been around for at least a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Need a new control so wandered into CEX thinking Id grab one there, 75 euros I nearly died. Anyone know where I could get one for ok sort of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Got Until Dawn from the US store last night for $19.99 , works out about €17. Great value for that price,considering I was gonna pay €35 for it on the Irish Store

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Charizard wrote: »
    Need a new control so wandered into CEX thinking Id grab one there, 75 euros I nearly died. Anyone know where I could get one for ok sort of money

Are they still only 50 in argos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Are they still only 50 in argos?

60 for the Black and the Blue ones, 65 for the Uncharted one, 75 for the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    60 for the Black and the Blue one, 65 for the Uncharted one, 75 for the rest.
    The ps4 joy pads are cheaply made they shouldn't even cost €60 your lucky to get a year out of one before the cheap rubber on joystick start to fall a part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement