Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Uncharted 4 is currently £27.99 on Base.com. I bought it and it worked out around €35 delivered.

Link here: http://www.base.com/buy/product/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-ps4/dgc-unchartedps4.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Uncharted 4 is currently £27.99 on Base.com. I bought it and it worked out around €35 delivered.

Link here: http://www.base.com/buy/product/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-ps4/dgc-unchartedps4.htm

It was 33 in Argos yesterday, back up to 55 today... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone pick up the Divison currently on sale on PSN and Argos? I gave up on Borderlands 2 recently (again) as got tired of the fetch quests. I didn't like the Destiny Beta but enjoyed the Division beta. It's getting slated in reviews and looks grindy but still something is making me want to buy it. Any new players on it enjoying it?

I also see the Gold Edition with season pass is 60 on PSN atm. The next dlc Surival looks interesting, if it is actually about survival and not the usual kill waves of enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Just Cause 3 €30 in Smyths and Argos, rather have the disc version than PSN download.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone pick up the Divison currently on sale on PSN and Argos? I gave up on Borderlands 2 recently (again) as got tired of the fetch quests. I didn't like the Destiny Beta but enjoyed the Division beta. It's getting slated in reviews and looks grindy but still something is making me want to buy it. Any new players on it enjoying it?

I also see the Gold Edition with season pass is 60 on PSN atm. The next dlc Surival looks interesting, if it is actually about survival and not the usual kill waves of enemies.

I was super excited for it - Its pretty grindy - you go through loops of work to just get the same weapon - with a slightly higher damage rate. So you would have Police Ak47 - and you would then get a slightly better Police Ak47.
    So for me personally there wasn't much reward.
    For me Destiny is miles and miles better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I ended up getting the division in argos and much preferring it to Destiny. The account v of did to do on the map so far looks like it will be well worth the 35 quid.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Just Cause 3 €30 in Smyths and Argos, rather have the disc version than PSN download.

DO NOT BUY... worst game I've played in a while, nothing but bugs and glitches/.

If I buy a season pass for a game on a Canadian account will it work on my Irish account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

If I buy a season pass for a game on a Canadian account will it work on my Irish account?
    no only on a Canadian and American account it would work and you need a Canadian version of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DLC for some games is account bound, tend to be MMos and microtransaction esc unlocks for f2p/freemium/microtransaction games.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    no only on a Canadian and American account it would work and you need a Canadian version of the game.

Its the Batman Arkham Knight pass btw, weird, I got Minecraft and Life is Strange season passes on Canada store and they work on the Irish one?

Its the Batman Arkham Knight pass btw, weird, I got Minecraft and Life is Strange season passes on Canada store and they work on the Irish one?
    I think they would I know the games are region free maybe Dlc is to.

rob808 wrote: »
    I think they would I know the games are region free maybe Dlc is to.

Think I'll download one of the $2 dlc's and see then if it works get the season pass.

Think I'll download one of the $2 dlc's and see then if it works get the season pass.
    That a good idea let me know if it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

These 2 are more like games... Episodic games if you buy a season pass they will work on any account as long as you have the Canada as primary...

DLC is completely different, if you have Irish game then you purchase DLC from Irish store, but maybe some games it does work... Anything purchased from the Canada store only works for a Canada version of the game... However if you purchased Batman Arkham Knight from the Canada store then bought the season pass on said account it will work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭lertsnim

DO NOT BUY... worst game I've played in a while, nothing but bugs and glitches/.

Personally I enjoyed it.

These 2 are more like games... Episodic games if you buy a season pass they will work on any account as long as you have the Canada as primary...

DLC is completely different, if you have Irish game then you purchase DLC from Irish store, but maybe some games it does work... Anything purchased from the Canada store only works for a Canada version of the game... However if you purchased Batman Arkham Knight from the Canada store then bought the season pass on said account it will work...

DLC didn't work, episodic games do, weird that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

DLC didn't work, episodic games do, weird that.

Not really because episodic games basically are a game...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mad Max currently 19.99 in Argos, worth a buy at that price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Andrew76 wrote: »

Yeah! Really good game IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Really underrated game. Possibly in part due to the bad rap movie tie in games used to get a few years ago.

Cheers folks, had a look at some videos and the vehicle gameplay looks fun, the ability to upgrade looks good too. Reckon I'll pick it up today so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Andrew76 wrote:

Finished it last week, great game.

Ended up getting it in Liffey Valley so have a reservation code for Argos in Arklow if anyone wants it. Expires tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy Bloodborne is? Don't mind what version, or if it's new/secondhand etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tusky wrote: »
    Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy Bloodborne is? Don't mind what version, or if it's new/secondhand etc.

base.com, €30 plus €1.26 shipping for the GOTY edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

HMV Liffey Valley having a closing down sale again. Got a pre-owned Saints Row 4 Re-elected (without the Gat DLC) for about €11 for PS4, couldn't resist it at that price after playing Gat out of Hell from the PS+. Also pre-owned Second Son for €20, slightly dearer than CEX.

All in all plenty of stock there, nothing else took my fancy. They had boxes and boxes of PS4 Evolve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

base.com, €30 plus €1.26 shipping for the GOTY edition.

That's ridiculously good value.

Lego: The Force Awakens €40 in Argos, I'd recommend it, especially if you have kids, it's like a Lego Mass Effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Tried to get this yesterday but there's no stock anywhere in Cork.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement