Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Rock Band 4 - Base Game - €9.99
    Rock Band 4 + Guitar - €19.99

This is for next gen consoles anyways, for once Gamestop actually have a good deal :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not as good as previous games but decent. I got it when it was €29 in Smyths and got a lot of joy from it, it's def worth twenty quid anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

This is for next gen consoles anyways, for once Gamestop actually have a good deal :P

do you mean PS4? not for PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's actually for the PS5…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Might grab this, anyone know if I can transfer my old xbox songs over to ps4 since its the rockband network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Crap, somehow read that as guitar hero earlier.

Think I'll be going to gamestop on the way home...

None in Henry Street or Liffey Street, damn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Might grab this, anyone know if I can transfer my old xbox songs over to ps4 since its the rockband network?

No, you cant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tinie wrote: »
    No, you cant.

Indeed, only works within console families. The Xbox version is the same price as the PS4 version. Might be cheaper to buy an Xbox than rebuy your songs for the Playstation depending on how many you have and imports from previous games. I went with the Xbox version myself as I had about 400 songs I could import.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Indeed, only works within console families. The Xbox version is the same price as the PS4 version. Might be cheaper to buy an Xbox than rebuy your songs for the Playstation depending on how many you have and imports from previous games. I went with the Xbox version myself as I had about 400 songs I could import.

I had quite a lot alright, but the dream is over. My local Gamestop don't have it in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The copies I saw where ps4 and Xbox one, but I'm sure there's ps3 copies on sale too could even be cheaper

• Advertisement

The copies I saw where ps4 and Xbox one, but I'm sure there's ps3 copies on sale too could even be cheaper

RB4 was only released on current gen consoles, no PS3 or 360 versions. It does however support the old RB and GH controllers within their console families, wireless only on 360 atm all ps3 controllers will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

RB4 was only released on current gen consoles, no PS3 or 360 versions. It does however support the old RB and GH controllers within their console families, wireless only on 360 atm all ps3 controllers will work.

You need a special adapter to get the 360 stuff to work on the X1.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    You need a special adapter to get the 360 stuff to work on the X1.

The adapter is included with the solus pack of the game or can be purchased for £12 on Amazon if you got an instrument pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Grand Theft Auto V is €48.99 in Argos. Not exactly a bargain but cheaper than Gamestop and CeX.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Grand Theft Auto V is €48.99 in Argos. Not exactly a bargain but cheaper than Gamestop and CeX.

Not much use to anyone now but it was a tenner cheaper again last week - http://www.checkargos.com/product/1586451. Might drop to that price again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Was in my local Gamestop and Rockband is still €80.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Was in my local Gamestop and Rockband is still €80.

Try and get the solus, if GameStop don't have it its €20 from Amazon Spain. S/H RB4 guitars and drums are going for €32-€40 each in CEX and the PS3 RB/GH instruments for even less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Tusky wrote: »
    Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy Bloodborne is? Don't mind what version, or if it's new/secondhand etc.

I'm tempted to grab this on Amazon. They're selling it at $13.02 + Shipping. Total cost is $18.28 shipped, no taxes. So that's approx €16. Not bad. It's the standard edition.

http://amzn.to/2br7Bqr

Question is though. Is it worth getting? I've heard it's insanely difficult.

I'm tempted to grab this on Amazon. They're selling it at $13.02 = Shipping. Total cost is $18.28 shipped, no taxes. So that's approx €16. Not bad. It's the standard edition.

Up to you, if you don't like it CEX give you €15 cash for the standard edition, €24 for the GOTY which is €30 on base.com.

IMO it's worth taking a punt on it for a loss of €1-€6 if you don't like it and trade it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Looking to order Deus Ex online. Just wondering does anyone know which delivery service is quicker, Base or the game collection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gerp99 wrote: »
    Looking to order Deus Ex online. Just wondering does anyone know which delivery service is quicker, Base or the game collection?

Thegamecollection are dispatching today

gerp99 wrote: »

The Game Collection. If it ships today with the preorders you will have it tomorrow night via parcel motel or by Tuesday via An Post. Base usually take about a week for delivery.

Thegamecollection are dispatching today

Cheers much appreciated, any idea how long it usually takes. I am using Parcel Motel

The Game Collection. If it ships today with the preorders you will have it tomorrow night via parcel motel or by Tuesday via An Post. Base usually take about a week for delivery.

Just seen this. Thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm tempted to grab this on Amazon. They're selling it at $13.02 + Shipping. Total cost is $18.28 shipped, no taxes. So that's approx €16. Not bad. It's the standard edition.

It's not insanely difficult, just pretty steep learning curve. The opening hour or two are balls to the wall but you figure out what you're at after that and it becomes much more manageable.

Do Amazon.com ship here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Pro Evolution soccer 2017 is down to just under €40 on PS4 (and PS3) on The Game Collection today and tomorrow til midnight with the code "GOLDENBOOT".

Absolute bargain.

EDIT: Fixed price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

It's not insanely difficult, just pretty steep learning curve. The opening hour or two are balls to the wall but you figure out what you're at after that and it becomes much more manageable.

Do Amazon.com ship here?

Thanks for the advice. I actually have a stack of games to get through but still can't resist a bargain! :)

Yes Amazon do ship from the US to Ireland. But the games availability and prices literally changes from minute to minute. Something that is available to ship to Ireland today may not be tomorrow. It seems pretty random. But worth keeping an eye on as when the price goes low there's no import duty to be paid and shipping is only $5-ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

Pro Evolution soccer 2017 is down to €38.50 on PS4 (and PS3) on The Game Collection today and tomorrow til midnight with the code "GOLDENBOOT".

Absolute bargain.

Do you mine me asking how you came to that Euro price? I've never used Game Collection before and the only payment option appears to be GBP and its costing £35.25 including postage using that code. Still a good price mind you.

donnacha wrote: »
    Do you mine me asking how you came to that Euro price? I've never used Game Collection before and the only payment option appears to be GBP and its costing £35.25 including postage using that code. Still a good price mind you.

Probably using the inter bank/Revolut rate and excluding shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

donnacha wrote: »

It came to £33.25 (I use parcel motel so shipping was £0 at the site end) and I paid by PayPal which will charge me €39.90 (ah, €1.40 off)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement