Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Hope there is more games to come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I got loads of cards from Letterkenny and just realised now that I think she scanned one then multiplied the price but with these cards are they not invalid without being scanned?

If theyre in the full boxes they don't need to be activated, not sure about the card type ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If theyre in the full boxes they don't need to be activated, not sure about the card type ones.

I assume same applies to cards I assume they are all left behind the counter?

Will be furious if none of them work later though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I got loads of cards from Letterkenny and just realised now that I think she scanned one then multiplied the price but with these cards are they not invalid without being scanned?

They'll work, don't worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Hope there is more games to come out.

The PS4 games were awful

€40 knack for €20
    €65 street fighter €32.50
    €40 driveclub for €20
    €40 thief for €20
    €70 destiny for €35

I could go on... I can get those prices and better any day of the week. It's a bargain for psn and plus for sure but a lot of the games are far from bargains

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anyone who buys a game in Tesco needs their head read. Absolute rip off.

gimmick wrote: »
    Anyone who buys a game in Tesco needs their head read. Absolute rip off.

Like RE origins on sale for €20 was good but overall the same games for XB1 seemed cheaper

€79.99 for FIFA 16 was rough

Definitely looked to me like the prices were jacked up a while back to reduce them in a sale

Like RE origins on sale for €20 was good but overall the same games for XB1 seemed cheaper

€79.99 for FIFA 16 was rough

Definitely looked to me like the prices were jacked up a while back to reduce them in a sale
    No the prices haven't been jacked, the problem is Tesco very rarely reduce their prices, on that point they are even worse than GameStop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

The PS4 games were awful

€40 knack for €20
    €65 street fighter €32.50
    €40 driveclub for €20
    €40 thief for €20
    €70 destiny for €35

I could go on... I can get those prices and better any day of the week. It's a bargain for psn and plus for sure but a lot of the games are far from bargains

WTF?

Most of those range from £12-15 on Amazon. So Tesco's idea of a sale is to reduce them from some "made-up" price to "still more expensive than online"???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They're prices were never "jacked up" to later reduce them. They were just always awful but nobody noticed them because nobody shopped for games there.

In the Tesco in Dun L, they had one single PS4 game; FIFA 16, looked so lonely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

They did have Infinity 2.0 for the PS4 scanning at €3.20 though. Already have it though.

van_beano wrote: »
    They did have Infinity 2.0 for the PS4 scanning at €3.20 though. Already have it though.

Infinity 3.0 starter packs are €10 in Smyths and all the figs are €3 iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Infinity 3.0 starter packs are €10 in Smyths and all the figs are €3 iirc.

Infinity 2.0 was €9.99 alright in Smyths, still think Infinity 3.0 is up about €30ish though.

The series been discontinued anyways so there should be a big clear out of figures soon enough I'd imagine

van_beano wrote: »
    Infinity 2.0 was €9.99 alright in Smyths, still think Infinity 3.0 is up about €30ish though.

The series been discontinued anyways so there should be a big clear out of figures soon enough I'd imagine

Kind of related, the lego dimensions stuff was all half price too. Could be worth a look and get some early C presents (sorry can't mention it by name yet, only september!)

There's definitely a bargain in there somewhere but as a few have said there isn't much left

Consoles are definitely a steal if anyone is in the market but I'm pretty sure at this stage there's next to none left

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I picked up until dawn extended edition for 20 which I though was a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Was just in Tesco in Cavan the manager got pretty aggressive asked for PlayStation controller then she was like whatever is there is what we have.. Then another worker was going to give me a hand to look then I mentioned about PSN Cards are usually in the safe then the manager got so aggressively toned and was like no there's nothing there all we have is on the shelf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Any idea where you'd find the cheapest copy of Ni No Kuni?

The game has somehow managed to go completely unknown to me for the last 5 and a half years...

Any idea where you'd find the cheapest copy of Ni No Kuni?

The game has somehow managed to go completely unknown to me for the last 5 and a half years...

Pretty much around the €18-€20 mark everywhere. Best bet would be to wait for it to drop in price on psn, regularly drops to €7 iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Pretty much around the €18-€20 mark everywhere. Best bet would be to wait for it to drop in price on psn, regularly drops to €7 iirc.

Cheers, I'll keep an eye on it

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

No cards left in Clare Hall as of Friday evening, looked like the staff were walking off with a load of them when I got there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone know what price PS4 consoles are in Tesco?

Anyone know what price PS4 consoles are in Tesco?
    round €175 is what I was hearing but you'll be doing well to find a store that has any now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was tempted to be a bit of a dick today in tesco. Was looking through the games and saw what i think was an attempt to hide a couple games. Bloodborne behind a load of Fifa or something and Halo 5 behind some other PS4 games. Tempted to either bring them to the front or move them elsewhere. But i didn't since I'm not like that. Also I'm sure I've done the same hiding thing myself. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was tempted to be a bit of a dick today in tesco. Was looking through the games and saw what i think was an attempt to hide a couple games. Bloodborne behind a load of Fifa or something and Halo 5 behind some other PS4 games. Tempted to either bring them to the front or move them elsewhere. But i didn't since I'm not like that. Also I'm sure I've done the same hiding thing myself. :)

Could be worse, I've seen places where the box has been stolen by people to prevent anone else from purchasing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Could be worse, I've seen places where the box has been stolen by people to prevent anone else from purchasing it.

I only done that one time :pac:

Dunno about other places but they are in security cases here

Dunno about other places but they are in security cases here

Yeah portlaoise is all security cases but funnily enough games like bloodbourne and any recent games were notably missing from the shelf when I was in.

I assumed they were the first to go either by customers or staff. Like the GTA V shelf was empty here when i looked on Friday

I assumed they were the first to go either by customers or staff. Like the GTA V shelf was empty here when i looked on Friday

I was looking for GTA but was told they had stock in the store to check back in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone here buy a console at half price?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement