Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Here is what they have in Tesco, Midleton if it is any good to anyone.
    i4k7pw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Those prices are insanely high.

€40 for Vanilla, launch day Destiny. That's worth like €8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Standard price of €35 for Battlefield Bad Company 2 on the PS3! The game is 6.5 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Standard price of €35 for Battlefield Bad Company 2 on the PS3! The game is 6.5 years old.

I remember checking the price of the first Uncharted on the PS3 about a year ago and it was scanning at €65!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Cormac... wrote: »
    Those prices are insanely high.

€40 for Vanilla, launch day Destiny. That's worth like €8

But its HALF PRICE!!! :pac:

Seriously MGSV has been less than €35 everywhere for ages now and somehow Tesco late to the party is good value (actually Argos have it for €25)

Tesco need a wake up call on their prices when a half price sale brings them inline with what other retailers have been charging for at least months now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Tesco are a joke for games. As others have said they haven't inflated the prices, they just don't discount them. It's obvious they don't have people that are knowledgeable about video game sales. Maybe this is them getting out of game sales?

I remember Tesco in the Crescent in Limerick having Saturn games at full price long after the console was dead, it was always a strange sight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tesco are a joke for games. As others have said they haven't inflated the prices, they just don't discount them. It's obvious they don't have people that are knowledgeable about video game sales. Maybe this is them getting out of game sales?

I remember Tesco in the Crescent in Limerick having Saturn games at full price long after the console was dead, it was always a strange sight.

They arent getting out of games, HMV are taking over the entertainment stuff in Tesco so all old supplies are been sold off. Old supplies were bought in at a set price hence why their pricing is crap because they stockpile stuff to send out to all their stores etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

jonnycivic wrote: »
    They arent getting out of games, HMV are taking over the entertainment stuff in Tesco so all old supplies are been sold off. Old supplies were bought in at a set price hence why their pricing is crap because they stockpile stuff to send out to all their stores etc.

Ah okay, that makes sense then, thanks. Hopefully they will become more competitive then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Just had another €100 in Xbox Live and €60 in PSN picked up for me in a Tesco store in Newcastlewest, County Limerick and what a surprise phone call it was :D:D:D:D:D:D

That's the same amount twice from two different stores in a week.

Think that was all they had unless more goes on the shelf tomorrow.

Plenty to keep me going now :)

Keep checking lads, they are still out there!!

Much better craic searching for these instead of that Pokemon ****e!

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Wolfenstein ,€9 . Tearaway Unfolded , €8 . Great fun for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Infamous Second Son Legendary Edition €12.99, think I'll add that to the backlog

Scrap that, Second Son and First Light bundle for the same price I'll be having that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

amadablam wrote: »
    Just had another €100 in Xbox Live and €60 in PSN picked up for me in a Tesco store in Newcastlewest, County Limerick and what a surprise phone call it was :D:D:D:D:D:D

Phone call? Did one of your friends/family pick them up or :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

maximoose wrote: »
    Infamous Second Son Legendary Edition €12.99, think I'll add that to the backlog

Scrap that, Second Son and First Light bundle for the same price I'll be having that :)

Just in case you forgot or maybe you weren't a member then, but PS Plus gave First Light as one of its free games before so you may already have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just in case you forgot or maybe you weren't a member then, but PS Plus gave First Light as one of its free games before so you may already have it.

No harm them picking it up at that price anyways and own it properly without needing a PS+ sub.

Started Second Son a couple of days ago, Delsin is a very hard character to like, maybe he'll grow on me as I play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

van_beano wrote: »
    No harm them picking it up at that price anyways and own it properly without needing a PS+ sub.

Started Second Son a couple of days ago, Delsin is a very hard character to like, maybe he'll grow on me as I play.

He won't!
    I found first Light to be a much better game all round tbh.

I've only had my PS a few months so new for me! Was looking at getting the two in CeX the other day but this is much better value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,268 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

van_beano wrote: »

Now that you mention it, can you purchase the bundle like this? I know if you have a game through plus, you can't purchase it, which some people have complained about as they can't take advantage of discounts on games until their sub ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Now that you mention it, can you purchase the bundle like this? I know if you have a game through plus, you can't purchase it, which some people have complained about as they can't take advantage of discounts on games until their sub ends.

Good point, I've no idea. Can't envisage me having that problem though as I can't see me replaying games I've finished due to the backlog!

I liked First Light, Fetch seemed to have more to her personality and not as cocky as Delsin. If you want to be cocky then your name has to be Ezio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Wolfenstein ,€9 . Tearaway Unfolded , €8 . Great fun for that price.

Thats the business, been looking for a Decent shooter so it should fit the bill nicely. I havent played any of thr other games since Wolfenstein 3D actually, except that dreadful PS2 port of return to Castle Wolfenstein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Doge wrote: »
    Thats the business, been looking for a Decent shooter so it should fit the bill nicely. I havent played any of thr other games since Wolfenstein 3D actually, except that dreadful PS2 port of return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Wolfenstein , New Order is one of the best games out for the PS4 . Old Blood is a lot more frustrating Imo .

Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Tomb Raider definitive edition for €6.99 is a steal!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Tomb Raider definitive edition for €6.99 is a steal!

Hasn't it been free on the PS4 yet? if not it's only a matter of time...but 7 quid is a fair price for it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Hasn't it been free on the PS4 yet? if not it's only a matter of time...but 7 quid is a fair price for it all the same.

No I think it was Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris that was on PSPlus last year. I would imagine you are right though that Tomb Raider probably is due to pop up for free at some point as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Nice one, lads - just bought Wolfenstein. Looking forward to getting home now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nice one, lads - just bought Wolfenstein. Looking forward to getting home now!!

Its in my to finish pile, cracking game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Wolfenstein is a great game, no bull**** shooter with some nice stealth elements if you like killing mecha-Nazi's quietly.

I never bit the bullet on The Old Blood, it's stand-alone expansion. I see it's €6 now in this sale, I'll pull the trigger on that when I get home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »

Get this when you get to checkout:

Unfortunately, this item can't be purchased because the seller can't accept payments right now.

Scam I'd guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

maximoose wrote: »
    Get this when you get to checkout:

Unfortunately, this item can't be purchased because the seller can't accept payments right now.

Scam I'd guess!

I'm guessing paypal have limited the account as the seller has had so many transactions in the last 24 hours and want him/her to verify their details before lifting the hold.

Probably a scam though!

Edit: If you go to .co.uk you can buy it. I just wanted to check and now I'm £14.50 poorer. My new white controller arrived literally 2 hours ago from Amazon . I don't need this. :pac:

I can gift it or trade it in to gamestop if it does show up. If not, 40+ of us will be opening disputes on Paypal so it will be easy to get the money back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement