Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Diablo 3 is €20 on the store, any good?

Great. Well worth it at that price - you could play it for months and not get fed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

lertsnim wrote: »
    I think anyone that likes a FPS should have it. It's superb. No online but for that price I don't think anyone can complain.

I bought it last night after reading a few posts on here.

It's fricken awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Charlie19 wrote:
    I bought it last night after reading a few posts on here.

Me too getting stuck in tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I'm probably missing something obvious here. Downloading Diablo 3 and noticed a English version (37.8GB) and an EFIGS version (20.5GB). I'm obviously downloading the English version... but wtf is EFIGS?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

EFIGS is English, French, Italian, German, Spanish (I think). You should be downloading that one, should be the biggest one due to the multiple audio files. The other is Polish and Russian, Google informs, and should be smaller file size. Unless they've changed it recently.

It is unnecessarily confusing and wasteful - had to search myself when I downloade it a while back - so just double check you're downloading the right one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Me too getting stuck in tonight

If you haven't started it yet, I'd recommend the Uber difficult level. I went the level before and I'm finding it fairly easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

EFIGS is English, French, Italian, German, Spanish (I think).

You are correct, just in case you wanted to know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

PS4 Slim 500GB + FIFA 17 for 320euro in Smyths...

For those who don't already own it's a decent enough deal...

Cant find that on their site, where did you see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've never played any of the dark souls games, is dark souls 2 worth a go for €18?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Scholar of the Old Sin? That's a pretty good price for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

I've never played any of the dark souls games, is dark souls 2 worth a go for €18?

I'm similarly tempted by the price - the only FromSoftware game I've played is Bloodborne which I loved, but I am wondering if I would find DS2 too much of a step down from that (being a PS3 game and everything)

Visually Bloodborne was just so stunning - is the gameplay of DS2 enough to compensate or is Bloodborne a huge jump there too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

DS2 is by far the worst of the 5 Soulsesque games, it's the best way to get into Dark Souls because it won't be a disappointment when you do get around to it. Coming from Bloodborne you'll probably find it hard to adjust to. It's probably the second easiest, after Bloodborne.

I'd give it a bash Setanta, I think it's fairly solid gameplay wise and the graphics aren't terribly bad, framerate is a bit crap but it's workable.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Thanks, went for it anyway, looking forward to getting as obsessed as I did with bloodborne :)

Tomb Raider for only 6.99 is amazing value, really loved it.

Mad Max is 19.99 on the store - worth it at that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Playing through it atm and I think it's class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mad Max is great fun, it's the same price at Argos if you want a physical copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well they're doing something to make sure they're awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Would not shock me as downloaded 5GB on it the other day took over a hour. Same on the vita 750mb 25 mins :O.

Downloaded 5GB to my mac less then 10 mins on steam nearly getting 10mb a sec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Skerries wrote:
    some Redditeer reckons Sony limit download speeds

Its night and day compared to the xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Would not shock me as downloaded 5GB on it the other day took over a hour.

You lucky bastard! 5gb would take me 5 hours to download. Your worst speed is still miles better than my best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Would not shock me as downloaded 5GB on it the other day took over a hour. Same on the vita 750mb 25 mins :O.

Downloaded 5GB to my mac less then 10 mins on steam nearly getting 10mb a sec.

Agree. Always found that my MS consoles were able to download stuff far quicker than the Sony machines, and I have my PS4 wired vs my Xbox One wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Agree. Always found that my MS consoles were able to download stuff far quicker than the Sony machines, and I have my PS4 wired vs my Xbox One wireless.

Yap it's so much faster on the Xbox.

Not been mean to Sony yes they have the games but there online is shocking and I do rate Xbox live so much more then psn. It works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭newcar2016

PS4 Slim 500GB + FIFA 17 for 320euro in Smyths...

For those who don't already own it's a decent enough deal...
    Cant find that on their site, where did you see it?

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/playstation-4/c-748/ps4-consoles/p-20806/playstation-4-500gb-slim-console-fifa-17-bundle/

You have to search for "ps4 slim", its not in console bundles for some reason.

newcar2016 wrote: »

Ahh, you're a gent, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ahh, you're a gent, thanks!

Sorry didn't see the reply before hand but you got sorted anyways... If you where getting it in store maybe they give console when it's released and then you pick up FIFA 16 when it's released I think the week or so after?

Sorry didn't see the reply before hand but you got sorted anyways... If you where getting it in store maybe they give console when it's released and then you pick up FIFA 16 when it's released I think the week or so after?

I doubt it. Sounds like you can only get it when fifa is released

When you book it they say they will let you know when it's ready to collected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

newcar2016 wrote: »
    I doubt it. Sounds like you can only get it when fifa is released

When you book it they say they will let you know when it's ready to collected

Maybe when you go in store they be more lenient... Don't see why they wouldn't... I know Argos give you the console while your waiting for games to come in stock...

Although maybe the deal might not be in the system for them to process it..

Maybe when you go in store they be more lenient... Don't see why they wouldn't... I know Argos give you the console while your waiting for games to come in stock...

They probably won't even have the PS4 Slims in stock before then. There's also a chance they're bundled together in the same box!

I seriously doubt it. They said they will let you know when your order is ready, but no harm in trying, maybe they can do it somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Destiny: The Collection has 10% off using the code Guardian on Game Collection until Friday. Brings the price down to £34/~€40.50 plus shipping.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement