Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Game Bloodborne™ The Old Hunters (PS4™) now at a discount of -60%!

New price is €9.99 and for PS Plus members €7.99 (old price: €19.99)

Obviously this is the DLC and what an amazing DLC I may add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

TinCanMan wrote: »
    Game Bloodborne™ The Old Hunters (PS4™) now at a discount of -60%!

New price is €9.99 and for PS Plus members €7.99 (old price: €19.99)

Obviously this is the DLC and what an amazing DLC I may add.

That works out at about 2 cent per hour. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah. All dlc in this weeks discounts. Good to see some healthy discounts on season passes.

Fed up of seeing deluxe/gold versions of games on discount for €5 more than a season pass and no subsequent discount ever coming on the season pass by itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Wolfenstein The New Order, Wolfenstein The Old Blood and Sword Art Onine all for 20 great deal I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

There's some pretty great deals on PSN at the moment, both games and DLC. Need to find some pre-payday cash down the back of the sofa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Beefy78 wrote: »
    There's some pretty great deals on PSN at the moment, both games and DLC. Need to find some pre-payday cash down the back of the sofa.

Ya might just buy that wolfstein games.are the other 2 wolfstein games any good

Yeah, that's one definitely. I like Ultra Street Fighter IV and Saints Row IV at their prices too - plus I can justify the Arkham Knight Season Pass at the sale price.

I've Blood Bowl 2 on PC but if I hadn't I'd be all over that in this sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

SF V season pass for 15, that's actually worth it...

Yeah 30+ is out of the question for me for any Season Pass. I'm just not interested on a point of principle. 10-15 and I can be persuaded depending on the quality of the content and whether I'm happy that it is extra content and not stuff that should have been there day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've Blood Bowl 2 on PC but if I hadn't I'd be all over that in this sale.

Got the first 1 on PC, On 2 what's with the micro transaction coins they do anything or restrict anything.

Not that I've noticed. I've nothing blocked out and never felt the need to use any micro-transactions.

The DLC model is annoying though. The races they're selling extra should have been in the base game, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭newcar2016

Ps4 slim is out tomorrow BTW, I wonder will argos or anyone have any good bundle deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

newcar2016 wrote: »
    Ps4 slim is out tomorrow BTW, I wonder will argos or anyone have any good bundle deals.

Argos mini magazine had it as €329 with fifa and €399 for 1tb and fifa... WTF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Argos mini magazine had it as €329 with fifa and €399 for 1tb and fifa... WTF!

Why the WTF?

Why the WTF?

Because Fifa costs an extra €30 with the 500gb, but costs an extra €50 with the 1tb.

Why the WTF?

dunno how they can justify the price when the xbox one s is €299 for the slim with fifa and a 4k bluray player?

Seems like sony is back to the bad old days of PS3 launch and taking its fanbase for granted. Ok so not an Argos issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

dunno how they can justify the price when the xbox one s is €299 for the slim with fifa and a 4k bluray player?

Seems like sony is back to the bad old days of PS3 launch and taking its fanbase for granted. Ok so not an Argos issue

Cause when your are the market leader you do not need to be so aggressive.

In isolation the xbone is obviously a better deal at these prices, but if all your buddies have a ps4 already and that's what they are playing Fifa on that may be the better one to go with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭newcar2016

320 for fifa and ps4 slim in symths but you can't collect the console tomorrow, must wait until fifa is out

Cause when your are the market leader you do not need to be so aggressive.

In isolation the xbone is obviously a better deal at these prices, but if all your buddies have a ps4 already and that's what they are playing Fifa on that may be the better one to go with.

Agreed! friends will determine your purchase at this stage , I have both consoles and plan on getting a pro just hope Sony don't get complacent again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ya might just buy that wolfstein games.are the other 2 wolfstein games any good

Wolfenstein is the best entry in the series since Return To Wolfenstein on the PC, unfortunately some of the games are duds.

The PS3 was never overpriced. As it was they had to cut corners to get it down to the price they sold it at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

The PS3 was never overpriced. As it was they had to cut corners to get it down to the price they sold it at.

£430 was overpriced, it was ridiculous. That model only had a 60gb hardrive as well.

£430 was overpriced, it was ridiculous. That model only had a 60gb hardrive as well.

For a console it was overpriced, for a bluray player at the time it was really cheap. Sony made a double whammy of errors with the PS3 architecture that caused it to be so expensive, using the cell processor and using bd over dvd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

And the origional 360 had a 20GB HDD as an option.

40GB to 100GB would have been normal at the time for the same 2.5" HDD in laptops.

It was almost 10 years ago now, PS3 10 next month and 360 11 the month after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Lets not forget the additional wifi adapter you needed for the 360, it was a ridiculous 80 euro iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,154 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Doge wrote: »
    Lets not forget the additional wifi adapter you needed for the 360, it was a ridiculous 80 euro iirc.

And I bought at least two Play & Charge kits for the controllers that never worked. Always had to have the controllers plugged in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

MGS Phantom pain is a tenner in argos for the ps3 version, for those still rocking the last gen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Price is only valid until 20th of January too :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement