Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭newcar2016

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Price is only valid until 20th of January too :P

That is disgraceful marketing, how do you report this nonsense? I have taken a screenshot and saved the page. They should be made pay for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Not sure if it was already mentioned but if you have Battlefield 4 all 5 expansions are currently free to download. Best shooter on the PS4:)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-15-all-five-battlefield-4-expansions-are-free-until-next-week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

newcar2016 wrote: »
    That is disgraceful marketing, how do you report this nonsense? I have taken a screenshot and saved the page. They should be made pay for this.

Pretty sure they can do this... Don't see why people would want to report it, I mean how many awesome PlayStation deals have Argos given many members over the last year or 2?...

Easily the best place to buy a PS4 out of with many awesome bundles in the past and games are usually so much cheaper also... The price of the slim is 299euro they are selling at 299euro there's no need to lose your sh1t over it...

More than likely it's a printing error, if you think this is bad marketing look at Gamestop and there ridiculous prices for games... Gamestop are the ones ripping people off not Argos...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pretty sure they can do this... Don't see why people would want to report it, I mean how many awesome PlayStation deals have Argos given many members over the last year or 2?...

Easily the best place to buy a PS4 out of with many awesome bundles in the past and games are usually so much cheaper also... The price of the slim is 299euro they are selling at 299euro there's no need to lose your sh1t over it...

More than likely it's a printing error, if you think this is bad marketing look at Gamestop and there ridiculous prices for games... Gamestop are the ones ripping people off not Argos...

489 was the RRP of the original console, its a small error on argos's part but its nothing to go mad over unless they up the price to 489 at some point for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Shop sells product at RRP shocker! Won't someone think of the children?

• Advertisement

489 was the RRP of the original console, its a small error on argos's part but its nothing to go mad over unless they up the price to 489 at some point for it.
    James74 wrote: »

I am losing my mind over this lads, and I won't stop until justice is done. Have arranged to meet my friend who is a solicitor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I am losing my mind over this lads, and I won't stop until justice is done. Have arranged to meet my friend who is a solicitor.

Enjoy wasting yours and your mates time so :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

"Oi, Argos! Want a fight, do you? Up the church after mass, chap"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

James74 wrote: »

But thats just it, GameStop are known for selling stuff above rrp, e.g they currently have the Gears of War 4 Xbox Elite Controller available for preorder for €229, €29 above rrp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I have to agree argos are without doubt the best place for bundles especially at christmas, its just I dont think they should be allowed to mislead people especially parents not in the know that the item was €489 , whichever way you look at it its false marketing..

• Advertisement

Enjoy wasting yours and your mates time so :rolleyes:

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC:rolleyes::pac:

Didn't realise €489 was the RRP of original PS4. Well in that case you can understand, ill let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is there any bundles/deals for the slim today, or have to wait till next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Pretty sure they can do this... Don't see why people would want to report it

No, they have to have it at that price for a certain amount of time beforehand. I learnt that when I was doing the Junior Cert :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC:rolleyes::pac:

397110.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pretty sure they can do this

There's a set time it has to be at that price before it can be advertised at a % discount. They could have it at that price and then at set % for the rest of time and it'd be fine but you claim a discount when there wasn't one.

Same deal on the UK site, so it's not a once off on ie site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Just picked up a brand new copy of fallout 4 from smiths for €25. I feel like I just robbed them hah! It was in the deal of the week section if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,154 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just picked up a brand new copy of fallout 4 from smiths for €25. I feel like I just robbed them hah! It was in the deal of the week section if anyone's interested.

Probably plummeted in price due to Sony not allowing mod support for the PS4 version. I mean, the game is practically worthless now*. Think you're the one who's been robbed, mate!

*(well, according to some people anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

£430 was overpriced, it was ridiculous. That model only had a 60gb hardrive as well.

The cost per unit of that model was $800 USD. The launch price was cheaper than a Commodore 64 had cost twenty years earlier.

I doubt I'm the only one who had to buy two PS3/360s. Had Sony and Microsoft been able to charge a fair price to cover the cost of development and manufacturer it probably would have worked out cheaper for all of us.

You're seeing it again now with the PS4 Pro having to compensate for the PS4 being outdated straight after launch because Sony have had to get below an arbitrary price point which doesn't cover the cost of building a cutting edge gaming platform. So we don't get a cutting edge gaming platform, we get a mediocre gaming PC in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

But thats just it, GameStop are known for selling stuff above rrp, e.g they currently have the Gears of War 4 Xbox Elite Controller available for preorder for €229, €29 above rrp.

Em... yeah... we were talking about Argos not Gamestop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

dunno how they can justify the price when the xbox one s is €299 for the slim with fifa and a 4k bluray player?

Seems like sony is back to the bad old days of PS3 launch and taking its fanbase for granted. Ok so not an Argos issue

Ah ok.

I presume this is the deal
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-752/xbox-one-consoles/p-20309/xbox-one-s-500gb-fifa-17-bundle/

• Advertisement

I see symths got rid of the €320 ps4 slim fifa 17 bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Carrollman

Picked up Overwatch today in Tesco for 32.50 in Manor West Tralee today. Delighted with the purchase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Any reputable sites selling the last of us remastered digital version for a good price?

Thanks

EDIT I see it's 20 dollars on the US PS store. Can you still buy games from the American store like you could on PS3 by setting up an American account and then play it on your normal Irish account?

Any reputable sites selling the last of us remastered digital version for a good price?

Thanks

EDIT I see it's 20 dollars on the US PS store. Can you still buy games from the American store like you could on PS3 by setting up an American account and then play it on your normal Irish account?

Yes you can.

Thanks

Actually its $18 inc shipping atm from Amazon US for a disc copy. Its also not liable for VAT as its under €22.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JK00S0S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474297120&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=last+of+us

Edit:Nvmd its been switched to Prime only. They've been doing that a lot with games recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Actually its $18 inc shipping atm from Amazon US for a disc copy. Its also not liable for VAT as its under €22.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JK00S0S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474297120&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=last+of+us

Edit:Nvmd its been switched to Prime only. They've been doing that a lot with games recently.

That link is for a used verson of last of us as well I think.

wong wrote: »
    That link is for a used verson of last of us as well I think.

No it was for a new copy, Amazon have run out atm which is why it is only showing options for 3rd party sellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

You can just signup for a free trial of Prime and get it for the low price. alternatively wait for it to be removed from Prime only. The prices really do fluctuate a lot.

• Advertisement

Looking for a digital copy. Thanks for the replies though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement