Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Any good deals on a PS4 Pro? I sold my PS4 at the weekend so want to pre order the PS4 Pro. Amazon for £349 the best price?

Argos. Always Argos. Routinely have the best deals and with the Pro released so near to Christmas there should be some really good offers going hopefully. Bought my PS4 last December from them with 3 free games, hoping to get the pro this year with a good offer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Quick question lads.. Are Amazon.co.uk PSN cards any use to an Irish acoount?

I notice this in the t&c's
    Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United Kingdom.

But you the way us Irish are sometimes regarded as Brits:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Charlie19 wrote: »

Nope, UK cards are in Sterling and can only be redeemed on a UK account. Bloody ridiculous the way psn cards are set up, the top ups and subs are country specific, we cant use top ups from other Eurozone countries even though we use the same currency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Charlie19 wrote: »

No they aren't. Only for use on a UK account. Unless it shows the Irish flag its no use to you for an Irish account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

I agree with the other poster, its a decent game. for 12 euros its good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So what you think better to not preorder and see what we can get on release day?

Yeah wait for deals to come around, maybe even wait a week after Pro's launch if no good deal is announced, people could try to not add bundles at the start as they know they will get the money anyways then create bundles to entice more people to buy...

I wouldn't recommend buying off Amazon anyways at that price, unless they have a good pre order bundle..

Just in case anyone wants a way to get an extra controller for €36 you can buy a PS4 Slim 1TB + Fifa 17 + Extra Controller for €350 from Gamestop and Smyths AFAIK...

PS4 Slim 1TB = €269 cash from CEX
    Fifa 17 = €45 cash from CEX

269+45 = €314 + €36 = €350

Probably not worth the hastle for most people, but is a good way to get a new controller for €36 or alternatively you could also get FIFA 17 for an extra €45 also...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Grand theft auto 5 reduced to €40 on the Irish store. Tempting.

Roar wrote: »

Ah I have it on 360 but just got the ps4 and its my favourite game..... so tempted to get this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Roar wrote: »

Same price in Argos if you prefer a physical version: http://checkargos.com/product/1586451.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ah I have it on 360 but just got the ps4 and its my favourite game..... so tempted to get this.

Nearly 2 years since launch on ps4 and its still only reduced to €40.

That's holding value nearly as well as a Nintendo title!!

You'd think there'd be enough copies floating about to see it reduce to an actual bargain price but people must be holding onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Sniper elite 3 11.99 on the store. Any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Move controllers are €10 each in Tesco . I know of some in Waterford . pm me if interested as the scalping is fierce on Boards at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

You'd think there'd be enough copies floating about to see it reduce to an actual bargain price but people must be holding onto it.

Except Nintendo games are forced value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah GTA's price is a testament to both its quality and the ongoing (free) improvements for GTA Online.

Move controllers are €10 each in Tesco . I know of some in Waterford . pm me if interested as the scalping is fierce on Boards at this time of the year.

Are they new?...

Are they new?...

Yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Think its one of those games people will sit down and play for a while if they are bored. Its not my thing, but my nephew would do it on the reg

For the lads getting Move controllers , this is the cheapest charging station that I can find . These will charge the move's much faster than usb.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/222249958045?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just bought one for €10.36 all in .

I know Cex have them listed cheaper , but they have no stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Was in CEX in Blackpool earlier. There is almost an entire shelf of COD Black Ops. I assume 75% of them have come straight from Tesco.

I often wonder how sustainable CEX are. They are quite expensive all things considered and they always seem to be taking in stock. Even PS3 games they still pay out on. They are not going to shift all of them I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Just in case anyone wants a way to get an extra controller for €36 you can buy a PS4 Slim 1TB + Fifa 17 + Extra Controller for €350 from Gamestop and Smyths AFAIK...

PS4 Slim 1TB = €269 cash from CEX
    Fifa 17 = €45 cash from CEX

269+45 = €314 + €36 = €350

Probably not worth the hastle for most people, but is a good way to get a new controller for €36 or alternatively you could also get FIFA 17 for an extra €45 also...
    PS4 slim is really that cheap in CEX? Online it is listed as 385
    https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=*&section=&catid=997

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

snowblind wrote: »
    PS4 slim is really that cheap in CEX? Online it is listed as 385
    https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=*&section=&catid=997

He's listed the price cex will give you for the ps4 not the price they sell for.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He's listed the price cex will give you for the ps4 not the price they sell for.
    Ohh, I wish that would have been the right price. To Argos I go...

gimmick wrote: »
    Was in CEX in Blackpool earlier. There is almost an entire shelf of COD Black Ops. I assume 75% of them have come straight from Tesco.

I often wonder how sustainable CEX are. They are quite expensive all things considered and they always seem to be taking in stock. Even PS3 games they still pay out on. They are not going to shift all of them I assume.

To be honest, if a game was priced €75 in CEX second hand, and €75 in Gamestop new, I would rather take my business to CEX... They are unbelievably good when it comes to trading stuff in, yeah there prices may not be that great but Gamestop is a whole pile worse, and good luck trying to get any money trading in games to Gamestop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The problem is that you have to top up the Revolut card before you use it though. If I could link it to a bank account ( like Paypal does for example ) and just spend what I want at any time , then I would be in there like a hot snot .

In the past I used the 3v cards and swore I would never bother with prepay cards again.

Did you have to do anything to get this working? I tried adding my but it wouldn't' work. I'm assuming it's because the address doesn't match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

To be honest, if a game was priced €75 in CEX second hand, and €75 in Gamestop new, I would rather take my business to CEX... They are unbelievably good when it comes to trading stuff in, yeah there prices may not be that great but Gamestop is a whole pile worse, and good luck trying to get any money trading in games to Gamestop...

So you'd rather pay the same money for a used game rather than a brand new one in factory wrapping, even though by doing that you'd be taking money out of the developer's pockets, just because you don't like GameStop? That's mad stuff IMO. I'm not in the least bit opposed to second hand buying but to pay the same money for a used game is being unfair to yourself and the developers.

I'm not fan of GameStop either but if they have a game cheaper than anywhere else (almost never the case though), I'd buy it there. Look after yourself first and stop worrying about who you'd give your business to, none of these companies would notice + or - €75.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

exactly why are gamestop charging 75 euro for a new game? it seems like business suicide if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

IF anyone is looking for a bargain

ROCKBAND 4 is basically free in gamestop on the xbox one if you can find a copy. Its the same price on the PS4.

Rockband 4 just the disc. ITs only €2 euro :O.

While i picked up the Guitar and game for €10 euro yesterday i nearly died as that is a bargain and a 1/2.

The band in a box is 30 euros.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    So you'd rather pay the same money for a used game rather than a brand new one in factory wrapping, even though by doing that you'd be taking money out of the developer's pockets, just because you don't like GameStop? That's mad stuff IMO. I'm not in the least bit opposed to second hand buying but to pay the same money for a used game is being unfair to yourself and the developers.

I'm not fan of GameStop either but if they have a game cheaper than anywhere else (almost never the case though), I'd buy it there. Look after yourself first and stop worrying about who you'd give your business to, none of these companies would notice + or - €75.

I was only stating if that was my options... Why should I give Gamestop my money when all they do is rip people off?...

I buy my games on the store mostly and only have a few disc based games...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement