Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

I was only stating if that was my options... Why should I give Gamestop my money when all they do is rip people off?...

I buy my games on the store mostly and only have a few disc based games...

Wouldnt it be better to just buy the games in Smyths instead or even from amazon or other online retailers to support the developers?

Do you trade in games after buying them?

If not you could just buy digitally of the PS Store, that way the developers would be supported also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

I was only stating if that was my options... Why should I give Gamestop my money when all they do is rip people off?...

I buy my games on the store mostly and only have a few disc based games...

If they sold a game cheaper, why would you care. Money in your hand is better than any companies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

The Uncharted Collection is $20 on the us store at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

weiland79 wrote: »
    Sniper elite 3 11.99 on the store. Any good?

Worth paying the 15.99 for the Ultimate Edition with the Dlc.

Great game if you like a mix of stealth and reasonable ballistic physics and of course, the kill cam. :D

I had traded it ages back but decided to buy the ultimate edition again at that price. Well worth it.

Has anyone played DIRT its got some good reviews and looking for a good driver game and its on sale now so thinking of grabbing it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kal El wrote: »
    Has anyone played DIRT its got some good reviews and looking for a good driver game and its on sale now so thinking of grabbing it

If it's Dirt Rally... it's pretty hardcore and not for everyone. Check out a review or two on Youtube to get a feel for it.

If it's Dirt Rally... it's pretty hardcore and not for everyone. Check out a review or two on Youtube to get a feel for it.

Yeah DIRT rally, the reviews Ive read are positive just checking what its thought of around here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

Where is it on sale?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Where is it on sale?

PS Store

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have it on the xbone and it's a great game.

Does require a good bit of patience and work as it's not easy.
    But very rewarding when you get the hang of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

In regards to CEX being discussed, I am baffled how they make money. My brother in law is looking for a PS4 so I had a look in there the other day but the prices are redonkulous. And the prices of the phones in there are hilarious. Surely nobody is paying those prices for second or third had electronics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

In regards to CEX being discussed, I am baffled how they make money. My brother in law is looking for a PS4 so I had a look in there the other day but the prices are redonkulous. And the prices of the phones in there are hilarious. Surely nobody is paying those prices for second or third had electronics?

They arent, they're trading in loads of stuff for credit to buy them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thread about it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057420620 Its for all platforms, but its a good read, and may be helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    The Uncharted Collection is $20 on the us store at the moment.

I picked it up, as I wanted to replay them before playing 4. Uncharted is definitely not as smooth as I remembered, but I do recall them getting better as they moved on.

Bloodborne is also 20 on the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ColG

Quick question:
    How do u purchase off of the American PS store?

ColG wrote: »
    Quick question:
    How do u purchase off of the American PS store?

Just go the the US PSN store (google should help here) and create a new account. You will need to top up with US PSN cards (I got mine from CDKeys.com) and away you go. Sign in with the account on your PS4, make your PS4 the primary account, and download away. You can sign in with your main account and play games downloaded through the US store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

chrislad wrote: »
    Just go the the US PSN store (google should help here) and create a new account. You will need to top up with US PSN cards (I got mine from CDKeys.com) and away you go. Sign in with the account on your PS4, make your PS4 the primary account, and download away. You can sign in with your main account and play games downloaded through the US store.

Someone mentioned they got revolut to work on another thread, think it was jonjo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Free VR demo's are up on the US / Can store for dl.

sweetie wrote: »
    Someone mentioned they got revolut to work on another thread, think it was jonjo?

I think your billing addresses have to match, that's all. I'm verified so I didn't get it working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

So does this revolt actually work even though you need your bank details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

chrislad wrote: »

You can get PSN cards from Amazon.com as well easy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

forgot the e-mail I used for my US account and now I have lost 3 games :-(
    Can't contact US support either as the site keeps directing me to europe support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Can't contact US support either as the site keeps directing me to europe support

Not massive help to you now but if you create a new one, all I did was add a "." in my normal gmail address. It's enough to differentiate for PSN but Gmail ignores them so all your emails still reach the same inbox.

No really useful suggestions for retrieving your account though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

RedXIV wrote: »
    Not massive help to you now but if you create a new one, all I did was add a "." in my normal gmail address. It's enough to differentiate for PSN but Gmail ignores them so all your emails still reach the same inbox.

No really useful suggestions for retrieving your account though :(

So if I put a " . " either before or after my addy ( example .me@gmail.com or me.@gmail.com rather than me@gmail.com ) , Gmail ignores it but Sony accept it as a new email ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Do ye reckon this is a good deal?
    Seems good to me...considering CoD seems to be expensive at £69 on Amazon for the CoD version that includes Modern Warfare

PS4 1TB COD: Infinite Warfare Early Access Bundle €349
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6077178/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+consoles%7C37328622.htm
    208-6077178-BAC683M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

So if I put a " . " either before or after my addy ( example .me@gmail.com or me.@gmail.com rather than me@gmail.com ) , Gmail ignores it but Sony accept it as a new email ?

You could also use the proper gmail aliases function rather than a dot, so you can name it properly and less likely to forget. See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12096?hl=en

So for example you can use me+uspsn@gmail.com or something similar and any emails sent to that address will be delivered to me@gmail.com

I don't know if PSN will accept such aliases or not, but I assume they would as the poster further up suggested they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

To Google:
    [email]a.b.c@gmail.com=abc@gmail.com=abc@googlemail.com= a.b.c.@googlemail.com

"." are ignored by Google[/email]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Tried using a VPN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone thinking of upgrading the hard drive to 2tb Argos have this reduced to €79.99

Not bad for a drive you can pick up in store today.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement