Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

UFC 2 $17.99 on US PS-store
    48.99 on EU store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Where is the best place to get ps4 games in Ireland? Looking for some as presents. Would smyths be my best bet? Or can anyone advise where to get games online that will work in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get ps4 games in Ireland? Looking for some as presents. Would smyths be my best bet? Or can anyone advise where to get games online that will work in Ireland?

Base.com does have some great prices i get most my games from there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Argos or Smyths if its a shop you want but online sites like gamecollection and base as mentioned will always be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Anywhere you can pay in sterling these days for games and the like. The official PS4 headset is like €85 here in smyths, £48 quid on amazon. Big saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Amazon UK have £50 off orders from the Warehouse . i just got a Star wars ,500gb with lego and Blu-ray ,with slightly damaged box ,but sealed for €220 . There are other consoles on there as well .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Amazon UK have £50 off orders from the Warehouse . i just got a Star wars ,500gb with lego and Blu-ray ,with slightly damaged box ,but sealed for €220 . There are other consoles on there as well .

Thats a sweet deal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

any link to this please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fixed, back to 6.99 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Does anyone have a list of games that gamestop accept when trading in a PS4 against a PS4 Pro?

They have "+ 1 Select game" to get a larger difference in price for trading in but there's no list available on their site.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Views/Locale/promoPages/LandingPages/upgrade-your-console/images/ps4-trade-guide.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wing126 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a list of games that gamestop accept when trading in a PS4 against a PS4 Pro?

They have "+ 1 Select game" to get a larger difference in price for trading in but there's no list available on their site.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Views/Locale/promoPages/LandingPages/upgrade-your-console/images/ps4-trade-guide.jpg

Generally they are the most recent releases when they say +1 select game tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭losttheplot

Wing126 wrote: »

If I remember correctly any game from the current list at gamestop.ie/99er
    That's what I was told - and I gladly traded in Fifa 17 with my original ps4 1tb for the pro model

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevo757

Any good deals on PS4 slim 500gb/1tb?? Will buy from England as pound to euro is very little nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Stevo757 wrote: »
    Any good deals on PS4 slim 500gb/1tb?? Will buy from England as pound to euro is very little nowadays

Amazon have a 500gb for £219, bundled with COD Infinite Warfare. The game is on disc so you could sell it on for a few quid if it's not your cup of tea.

There's also another bundle with both Watch Dogs games for an additional £20

http://amzn.to/2fWngNy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Anyone have any idea how often Smyths change their bundles?
    They had a Slim 1TB with FIFA17 and a second controller for 349 a few weeks back which young lad wants for Christmas but like a fool I waited and it was gone when I went back on the bank holiday weekend.
    Current bundle of Slim 500GB with Ratchet and SW the Force Awakens and second controller for 359 looking tempting also but he wants FIFA 17 so I'd end up shelling out for that too anyway.
    Any thoughts (apart from the one that I was a knob not picking up the FIFA bundle weeks ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Coat22 wrote: »
    They had a Slim 1TB with FIFA17 and a second controller for 349 a few weeks back which young lad wants for Christmas but like a fool I waited and it was gone when I went back on the bank holiday weekend.
    Current bundle of Slim 500GB with Ratchet and SW the Force Awakens and second controller for 359 looking tempting also but he wants FIFA 17 so I'd end up shelling out for that too anyway.
    Any thoughts (apart from the one that I was a knob not picking up the FIFA bundle weeks ago)

They change them regularly (or rather Sony does if it was a FIFA Console) but don't tend to go back so I would guess that you have missed out on the FIFA bundle so take whatever is second best.

Have you tried in store? They usually have bundle deals that includes your choice of any game.

Ratchet and Clank and Lego star wars are very good BTW so depending on how old he is and what he is into, he may enjoy them.

• Advertisement

They change them regularly (or rather Sony does if it was a FIFA Console) but don't tend to go back so I would guess that you have missed out on the FIFA bundle so take whatever is second best.

Have you tried in store? They usually have bundle deals that includes your choice of any game.

Ratchet and Clank and Lego star wars are very good BTW so depending on how old he is and what he is into, he may enjoy them.

Thanks

I know he would enjoy them (he's 9) and would probably have bought him Ratchet & Clank separately another time but just wondering.
    The other difference is the ROM in them - is there much difference between a 1TB & 500GB unit in practise? I know one has double the memory but is memory normally an issue? Does it effect the speed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks

I know he would enjoy them (he's 9) and would probably have bought him Ratchet & Clank separately another time but just wondering.
    The other difference is the ROM in them - is there much difference between a 1TB & 500GB unit in practise? I know one has double the memory but is memory normally an issue? Does it effect the speed?

It's not memory it's storage space.

All games have to be stored to the hard drive so if he won't be getting to manu games the 500GB should be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

emmetkenny wrote: »

All games have to be stored to the hard drive so if he won't be getting to manu games the 500GB should be enough.

Even then it is very easy to upgrade the size of the drive yourself later. Mine was a 500GB model and I changed the drive to 2TB.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Thanks

The two games would be perfect for a 9 year old.

As for the disk space, depends really on how often you will be buying new games. Every game you buy downloads to the hard disk so keep that in mind.

I got the 500GB when I started (between myself and my two boys) and did have to change it about 2 years later to a 1tb but you can delete games no longer in use if space is low.

The speed of the console isn't affected at all.

I would say if you can get the 1tb with that deal without paying too much extra, go for it but it is not a necessity. The 1tb deals in Smyths all seem to be with games that wouldn't be suitable for a 9 year old.

Thanks

The two games would be perfect for a 9 year old.

As for the disk space, depends really on how often you will be buying new games. Every game you buy downloads to the hard disk so keep that in mind.

I got the 500GB when I started (between myself and my two boys) and did have to change it about 2 years later to a 1tb but you can delete games no longer in use if space is low.

The speed of the console isn't affected at all.

I would say if you can get the 1tb with that deal without paying too much extra, go for it but it is not a necessity. The 1tb deals in Smyths all seem to be with games that wouldn't be suitable for a 9 year old.
    Yeah - thought that myself about the 1TB bundles - that's why missing out on the FIFA one is so annoying.
    Might hang on to the end of the month and see if they change the bundles for that Ratchet and Crank bundle does look decent

emmetkenny wrote: »

Even then it is very easy to upgrade the size of the drive yourself later. Mine was a 500GB model and I changed the drive to 2TB.
    Expandable with an external drive or going in and replacing stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Replacing the internal drive easily accessible from the top of the console, or on the back with the current model.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

I saw one in super valu but think it's only 500gb , it was €350 with 2 blu Rays and FIFA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,329 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sony don't allow you to play games from an external drive for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevo757

Ok thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement