Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Awe I'm afraid I'm not too excited about that Gamestop sale.
    The deals on those games aren't too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Awe I'm afraid I'm not too excited about that Gamestop sale.
    The deals on those games aren't too good.

One of the most common sentences there is among gamers. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Nice find on the flash sale. Issue I have now is that Ratchet and Clank is 17.49 on the Irish store until the 24th. Do I jump on it if we get the additional 10% off or wait for further drops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Nice find on the flash sale. Issue I have now is that Ratchet and Clank is 17.49 on the Irish store until the 24th. Do I jump on it if we get the additional 10% off or wait for further drops?

If you have a Canadian PSN account it had a price drop to exact same price around a month ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I may have to get that PS4 with Uncharted. With Final Fantasy 15 and the Last Guardian out in the next few months, there are actually games for me to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Kiith wrote: »
    I may have to get that PS4 with Uncharted. With Final Fantasy 15 and the Last Guardian out in the next few months, there are actually games for me to play.

See a 1TB slim triple pack floating around online for ~€300 includes Drive Club, Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us or Ratchet and Clank.

http://zavvi.com/ps4-hardware/playstation-slim-4-1tb-with-uncharted-4-the-last-of-us-remastered-and-driveclub/11373132.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

See a 1TB slim triple pack floating around online for ~€300 includes Drive Club, Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us or Ratchet and Clank.

http://zavvi.com/ps4-hardware/playstation-slim-4-1tb-with-uncharted-4-the-last-of-us-remastered-and-driveclub/11373132.html

That's a pretty good deal. Not much interest in Driveclub, but Uncharted and TLOU would be nice. Would i be better off waiting to see if there are any good Black Friday deals, or would this be about as good as i can expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Kiith wrote:
    That's a pretty good deal. Not much interest in Driveclub, but Uncharted and TLOU would be nice. Would i be better off waiting to see if there are any good Black Friday deals, or would this be about as good as i can expect?

Its zavvi, expect to get it in January plus its from jersey so subject to import taxes. Amazon have 20% off warehouse items, there's a few Ps4s in there.

sweetie wrote: »
    Its zavvi, expect to get it in January plus its from jersey so subject to import taxes. Amazon have 20% off warehouse items, there's a few Ps4s in there.

Game have it for £250 with a 2 month Now TV pass as well and should be able to get it via Parcel Motel. Can't see it being any cheaper than that for a 1TB PS4 slim before Christmas.

Argos also have it for €320 plus an extra €10 for The Division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I don't see how Gamestop's Black Friday Sale is in anyway different to every other game sale they have. I think Gamestop are missing the point of what Black Friday actually involves with regards to sales. The prices are meant to be dropped at a ridiculous level for one day only. Maybe I'm jumping in too quick because it's a pre-Black Friday sale, but it's still a sh1te set of deals. €45 for Skyrim is still pretty pricey, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I don't see how Gamestop's Black Friday Sale is in anyway different to every other game sale they have. I think Gamestop are missing the point of what Black Friday actually involves with regards to sales. The prices are meant to be dropped at a ridiculous level for one day only. Maybe I'm jumping in too quick because it's a pre-Black Friday sale, but it's still a sh1te set of deals. €45 is still pretty pricey, for example.

Tbf, nearly every place in Ireland advertising a Black Friday week sale is doing the exact same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Tbf, nearly every place in Ireland advertising a Black Friday week sale is doing the exact same thing.

Ah, really? That's a shame. Digital stores it is, so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ah, really? That's a shame. Digital stores it is, so.

US and Canadian PSN Stores have a good Black Friday Sale and there will be a flash sale this weekend too. Irish store will have Black Friday Sale tomorrow.

Also keep an eye on here for any offers from online game stores like TheGamecollection and SimplyGames
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/gaming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I don't see how Gamestop's Black Friday Sale is in anyway different to every other game sale they have. I think Gamestop are missing the point of what Black Friday actually involves with regards to sales. The prices are meant to be dropped at a ridiculous level for one day only. Maybe I'm jumping in too quick because it's a pre-Black Friday sale, but it's still a sh1te set of deals. €45 for Skyrim is still pretty pricey, for example.

Gamestop is probably the worst retailer in Ireland. Ladbrooks would be a close second if you can count them as a retailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Not everyone is doing as bad as Gamestop with there pricing, expect great deals in Argos on Friday ...

What Gamestop is doing is actually dropping there prices to the normal price of there competitors... Smyths have had skyrim on sale for 49euro for a while and most places charge 60euro for games but Gamestop charge 70euro so dropping by 10euro isn't even worth being mentioned as a bargain for black Friday ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tigercreed

X COM 2 is down to GBP24.99 on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will Rise of the Tomb Raider be on sale on is it still too new for PS4?

J. Marston wrote: »

Depends where you go. Its currently down to £30 on Game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

J. Marston wrote: »

I can see Argos dropping the price of it ... If they do may pick up myself as want to try the VR and loved the first game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This would've been a very good price for just the standard version, but this is a steel (pun very much intended):

Street Fighter V Limited Edition Steelbook €19.39, Base.com

• Advertisement

The only reason I was thinking of buying a game off Gamestop was I have a 30 euro voucher to use up and even with the voucher a lot of the time they still work out more expensive than the other shops online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The only reason I was thinking of buying a game off Gamestop was I have a 30 euro voucher to use up and even with the voucher a lot of the time they still work out more expensive than the other shops online.

That is such a grim indictment of the place...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can you not buy PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Credit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hi, stupid question but here it goes. I've 5 or 6 new enough ps3 games - can I trade them in GameStop against the 1tb slim with Unchartered slim for 299 on Friday and get a further few quid off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

rizzee wrote: »
    Hi, stupid question but here it goes. I've 5 or 6 new enough ps3 games - can I trade them in GameStop against the 1tb slim with Unchartered slim for 299 on Friday and get a further few quid off?

Yes but you will only get about 0.50c for the lot!

gimmick wrote: »
    Yes but you will only get about 0.50c for the lot!

If I got a tenner I'd be happy!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can you not buy PlayStation Plus or PlayStation Credit ?

I can but when given the choice I always prefer to buy games physically.
    If you're talking 50gb which many PS4 games are it can take quite a while to download them.

rizzee wrote: »

You're better off reserving this from Argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6262880/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+consoles%7C37328622.htm

Extra €20 gets you Drive Club and The Last of Us with the 1TB PS4 and Uncharted 4.

That bundle is £250/~€296 in Argos up North and the Newry store currently has stock.

You're better off reserving this from Argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6262880/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+consoles%7C37328622.htm

Extra €20 gets you Drive Club and The Last of Us with the 1TB PS4 and Uncharted 4.

That bundle is £250/~€296 in Argos up North and the Newry store currently has stock.

Thanks, I have that reserved for collection the weekend when they're delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Niska

PSN Black Friday is live:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/cid=STORE-MSF75508-BFMWD2016?mi_u=4497083&mi_language=english_ireland&mi_date=%25%25DATE%25%25&emcid=em-st-94416&et_cid=em_282868&et_rid=3146902&Linkid=BFRI1-B-191116-CE-STR-APS

Highlights (PS4):
    Watch Dogs 2 - 44.99
    Titanfall 2 - 39.99 (for those who didn't get a discount code)
    Skyrim 29.99 (Yes - the PS4 version)
    Fifa 17 - 41.99
    Assassin Creed Trilogy (BF, Unity and Syndiictae) - 29.99 (39.99 if not PS Plus)
    Uncharted 4 - 29.99

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement