Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

picked up Borderlands the handsome collection and the upgrade pack for Hitman on psn and ill be picking up Dishonoured 2 later from Gamestop for €45 but ive a couple of games to trade in so hopefully €20 actual cash.. and thats me done for the year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I got Mad Max for €8.55 on the US store there, can't go wrong at that price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Headsup...

BF1 is €42 in Argos and the season pass is €50 on the store . That's €92 for the Ultimate edition . That's a very good price for the amount of content and the best price around . I know it's gonna be slightly cheaper if you buy the game on Amazon , but that's hassle .

Wouldnt be buying the season pass until i knew what it contains. Especially at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've a reservation code for Argos Dundrum if anyone wants it. Only one in stock I think. Expires today so shout if you want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just got Skyrim Remastered, Far Cry Primal and both Witcher 3 DLC packs for just under €50 on the Canada store.

Very glad now that I put aside some money in the summer to prepare for Black Friday for once! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

infacteh wrote: »
    I got Mad Max for €8.55 on the US store there, can't go wrong at that price!

Good game really enjoyed it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

martyos121 wrote: »
    both Witcher 3 DLC packs for just under €50 on the Canada store.

Where did you buy Witcher 3 from?
    Fairly certain dlc is region locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

EoinHef wrote: »
    Wouldnt be buying the season pass until i knew what it contains. Especially at that price.

It tells you what you get on the store page ,

" Four upcoming themed expansion packs starting with Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass in March 2017. The expansion packs will include:
    • Two weeks early access to each expansion pack.
    • Play as new armies including France in Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass, and the Russian Empire in an upcoming expansion pack.
    • 16 new multiplayer maps.
    • New Operations and game modes.
    • New Elite classes.
    • 20 new weapons.
    • New vehicles.

Also includes:
    • 14 Battlefield 1 Battlepacks containing stand-out weapon skins, delivered monthly starting November 2016.
    • 14 unique dog tags distributed over the course of the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass period. "

It's worth buying the premium for the content . My Son spent well over 1000hrs on BF4 and knows what he's in for .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

F1ngers wrote: »
    Where did you buy Witcher 3 from?
    Fairly certain dlc is region locked.

Canada store too, whenever I buy DLC I always check which account the game is on, good habit to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

god of war 3 remastered... 8 euro.... cannot go wrong for that price......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It tells you what you get on the store page ,

" Four upcoming themed expansion packs starting with Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass in March 2017. The expansion packs will include:
    • Two weeks early access to each expansion pack.
    • Play as new armies including France in Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass, and the Russian Empire in an upcoming expansion pack.
    • 16 new multiplayer maps.
    • New Operations and game modes.
    • New Elite classes.
    • 20 new weapons.
    • New vehicles.

Also includes:
    • 14 Battlefield 1 Battlepacks containing stand-out weapon skins, delivered monthly starting November 2016.
    • 14 unique dog tags distributed over the course of the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass period. "

It's worth buying the premium for the content . My Son spent well over 1000hrs on BF4 and knows what he's in for .

Mostly going to be getting the season pass for the maps,its says 16 included alright but they could be terrible. I just think there is no point in pre ordering the DLC till at least the first DLC is launched. No real benefit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    god of war 3 remastered... 8 euro.... cannot go wrong for that price......

Where did you get it for that cheap as its 12 euros on the PSN store now ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Any bargains for a years subs for ps+ just got a ps4 and bought a code from the uk which was region invalid so looking to get an irish one i guess, any sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

markc91 wrote: »
    Any bargains for a years subs for ps+ just got a ps4 and bought a code from the uk which was region invalid so looking to get an irish one i guess, any sites?

Nope, in store and psn only at €50. Always found this to be a pita with psn, we can't even but vouchers from other Euro countries despite using the same currency.

Nope, in store and psn only at €50. Always found this to be a pita with psn, we can't even but vouchers from other Euro countries despite using the same currency.

Ok thought as much and uk ones defo dont work?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

They do work, only on a UK account though.

No, all psn credit and ps+ sub cards are region locked to the country they're purchased in. Always check the card has an Irish flag in the top left corner.

Assasins Creed 3 game bundle (Black Flag,Unity & Syndicate) 70% off reduced to €30 Psn

Worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Assasins Creed 3 game bundle (Black Flag,Unity & Syndicate) 70% off reduced to €30 Psn

Worth it?

Definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Worth it?

Yes, Black Flag is incredible fun. Unity is decent enough, it had a rough launch but they gave some great DLC for free due to that. It's post-game DLC so make sure you play the main game first. Syndicate is a lot of fun. Two great main characters! The games do tend to get a bit repetitive, as is the norm with most open world games, so I definitely wouldn't play them right after each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Where did you get it for that cheap as its 12 euros on the PSN store now ?.

playstation plus member.. 8.49 euros...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    playstation plus member.. 8.49 euros...........

10.80 on my account for psn.... So no idea how it'd that cheap :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

10% discount code is not working for me. Anybody else having the same problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Vyse wrote: »
    10% discount code is not working for me. Anybody else having the same problem?

Yeah people on Reddit saying the same thing support are looking into it. Did you try buying via the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

No, was trying to purchase on my ps4. Will hold off and hopefully they will sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

10.80 on my account for psn.... So no idea how it'd that cheap :/

God Of War 3 HD €8.49 for Playstation Plus members.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Anybody know if it's ok to buy digital download codes from American Amazon, I saw far cry primal on it for $14.99

Jayisplay wrote: »
    Anybody know if it's ok to buy digital download codes from American Amazon, I saw far cry primal on it for $14.99

Only redeemable on a US account, not that difficult to make one if you want it.

Fyi you will also need an Amazon account with the country set to US or they won't allow purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Only redeemable on a US account, not that difficult to make one if you want it.

Fyi you will also need an Amazon account with the country set to US or they won't allow purchase.

I'm using my Amazon UK account. Added a US address (shipito address) and purchase using Revolut. Works perfectly and cheaper than using pcgamesupply due to their activation fees.

You could even skip amazon if you give Revolut a US address and use the card directly but i use Revolut for UK purchasing so i don't want to mess with US billing addresses

Just picked up Mad Max on the US store for €8.53 - Bargain!

Considering Shadow of Mordor GOTY for 8.53 also, any thoughts on this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

zarquon wrote: »
    I'm using my Amazon UK account. Added a US address (shipito address) and purchase using Revolut. Works perfectly and cheaper than using pcgamesupply due to their activation fees.

You could even skip amazon if you give Revolut a US address and use the card directly but i use Revolut for UK purchasing so i don't want to mess with US billing addresses

Just picked up Mad Max on the US store for €8.53 - Bargain!

Considering Shadow of Mordor GOTY for 8.53 also, any thoughts on this game?
    I tried revolut the other day but it would not allow me, as the revolut card did not match my address on my own card or something, I found it a bit confusing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement