Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nailz wrote: »
    I got the same Argos bundle while Dishonored 2 was worth €49 in cash from CeX. Sold on the base model 500GB PS4 for €250 on a local 'for sale in...' Facebook page, so the upgrade only cost me €100 overall.

I also have the unused 1TB HDD from inside the PS4 Pro going spare as I swapped in my original 2TB. If I get to sell that on, I'll be expecting another €40-€55 off that. I also put that €10 Argos voucher towards Doom when it was down to €19 over Black Friday; so €9 for Doom.

It was all very savvy, even if I do say so myself. :p

They now give a voucher for €48.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah I figured it would've gone down between then and now.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

shawki wrote: »
    That GoRewards offer expired a few a days ago.

Nope, still available until Dec 21st or 23rd as per the attached , but, only a few stores are offering it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Skyrim is 29.99 in Smyths so not going to go for a digital copy for essentially the same price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Hi.
    I'm in the market for a new ps4. Anybody have any tips on where the best deals are on the pro version? Unfortunately I also need to buy a TV and if I purchase the provision version I will have to possibly purchase a 4k tv also. THe cost is getting out of control!
    Maybe I should just stick to a regular ps4 and 1080 p hd tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

argos is usually good. I'd get the pro and and maybe hold out on your current tv until the summer. will give you more time to save for the 4k and get a better deal on it.

argos is usually good. I'd get the pro and and maybe hold out on your current tv until the summer. will give you more time to save for the 4k and get a better deal on it.

Thanks for the reply. I unfortunately don't have another tv I can use for gaming. This will be a complete start from scratch. Just unsure whether to get 4k and ps4 pro or just go 1080p and regular ps4. A smart tv would be awesome too but I can always chrome cast

Anyway I don't want to go off thread topic. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Nice one, Sony.

I didn't need money for Christmas anyway.

Add to this the fact that I'll almost definitely pick up the Last Guardian when its released this week and it'll be a cold, hard winter in my house!

Thats what the fuel allowance is for :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Autochange wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I unfortunately don't have another tv I can use for gaming. This will be a complete start from scratch. Just unsure whether to get 4k and ps4 pro or just go 1080p and regular ps4. A smart tv would be awesome too but I can always chrome cast

Anyway I don't want to go off thread topic. Thanks

Could just get a Pro and a 1080p TV,
    And pick up a 4K TV when the prices drop down on them.
    There is improvements on a 1080p TV too with the Pro just not as good (obviously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I picked up a 4K sharp tv yesterday for 449euro 43inch ... Doesn't have HDR but damn I love the TV ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 kenobiwan

Have you ordered from zavvi?ordered this deal to my UK parcel Motel and it was cancelled stating they don't deliver electrical items to outside the UK?!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like there might be a sale on psn store https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

kenobiwan wrote: »
    Have you ordered from zavvi?ordered this deal to my UK parcel Motel and it was cancelled stating they don't deliver electrical items to outside the UK?!?!?

I ordered games, not consoles. That sucks if they're not allowing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Autochange wrote: »
    Hi.
    I'm in the market for a new ps4. Anybody have any tips on where the best deals are on the pro version? Unfortunately I also need to buy a TV and if I purchase the provision version I will have to possibly purchase a 4k tv also. THe cost is getting out of control!
    Maybe I should just stick to a regular ps4 and 1080 p hd tv

The Pro at the minute will cost you at least €400, no movement on that price for the time being.

Argos currently have a LG 49' Led 4K tv for €600. I've got the 43' model of the tv and cannot fault it.

The Pro at the minute will cost you at least €400, no movement on that price for the time being.

Argos currently have a LG 49' Led 4K tv for €600. I've got the 43' model of the tv and cannot fault it.
    Is there HDR on those particular LG models?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Nailz wrote: »
    Is there HDR on those particular LG models?

There is on the 43' so one can only assume the 49' of that model will have it

There is on the 43' so one can only assume the 49' of that model will have it
    Not a bad price at all then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any good deals doing the rounds for PS+ subs lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Any good deals doing the rounds for PS+ subs lads?

Never is unless coming direct from Sony. They haven't done any offers for 2 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Never is unless coming direct from Sony. They haven't done any offers for 2 years now.

You can get a euro or 2 from some online retailers but not much else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    You can get a euro or 2 from some online retailers but not much else.

Yeah, but 99% of the online retailers don't stock Irish psn codes. Psn region locking of codes is complete bs, on the Xbox Gold and game redeem codes are region free and currency cards are only restricted to the local currency of the region your console/xbox website is set to and not by country.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Anywhere you can get the stand for the pro at a semi-reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

PS4 500GB Slim with Uncharted 4 & Skyrim Special Edition for €252 with free shipping to Ireland.

You'll need to enter GAMESRADAR in the discount box. All the info is in the link.

My mate ordered one today no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is argos the best bet for a decent price for the last guardian tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mariomaker

I somewhere before if you buy a console from Zavvi you will have to pay additional import taxes as they are based in Jersey. Can someone please confirm as I would like to purchase a ps4 from them.

Thanks

PS4 500GB Slim with Uncharted 4 & Skyrim Special Edition for €252 with free shipping to Ireland.

You'll need to enter GAMESRADAR in the discount box. All the info is in the link.

My mate ordered one today no problem.[/QUOTENice one. do Zaavi deliver to Ireland or how does it work. i visited the site and it stated free uk delivery and gave a price in Euro but i couldnt find any more

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

Nice one. do Zaavi deliver to Ireland or how does it work. i visited the site and it stated free uk delivery and gave a price in Euro but i couldnt find any more

My mate contacted them yesterday. They deliver free to Ireland. Don't even need to use Parcel Motel. That's not to say there won't be issues, but hopefully there won't be.

UPDATE: My mate just came in to work. He said that Zavvi cancelled his order saying they don't ship outside the UK. He then ordered it again through Parcel Motel and it was cancelled again. Not sure why they told him they shipped to Ireland when he enquired though. Something strange going on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some new sales today on PSN

DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin
    PS4™ Dec. 9, 2016, 3:51 a.m. 2016-12-12T23:59:00Z €14.99
    €39.99 €14.99 −50% Destiny® – The Collection
    PS4™ Dec. 9, 2016, 3:51 a.m. 2016-12-12T23:59:00Z €29.99
    €59.99 €29.99 −71% Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition
    PS4™ Dec. 9, 2016, 3:51 a.m. 2016-12-12T23:59:00Z €19.99
    €69.99 €19.99 −71% Call of Duty®: Ghosts Gold Edition
    PS4™ Dec. 9, 2016, 3:51 a.m. 2016-12-12T23:59:00Z €19.99
    €69.99 €19.99 −64% DOOM
    PS4™ Dec. 9, 2016, 3:50 a.m. 2016-12-12T23:59:00Z €24.99
    €69.99 €24.99 −50% Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    PS4™ Dec. 9, 2016, 3:50 a.m. 2016-12-12T23:59:00Z €19.99
    €39.99 €19.99 −50% Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

PS4™ Dec. 9, 2016, 3:50 a.m. 2016-12-12T23:59:00Z €19.99
    €39.99 €19.99 −57% 7 Days to Die
    PS4™ Dec. 9, 2016, 3:50 a.m. 2016-12-12T23:59:00Z €14.99
    €34.99 €14.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anyone seen a decent price on the Last Guardian?

Have one reserved in Argos for 59.99 but can go elsewhere if its worth my while.

Bricks & mortar store would be better as I'd like to play today, but I've got a busy weekend ahead so online may be an option too!

I haven't bought a game on release day in as long as I can remember so I actually don't know where to look!!

[Edit: also if anyone has any suggestions for Final Fantasy too, much appreciated - can wait for this one, so online is no problem]

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement