Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

If he already has PS Plus, he won't be able to get it at €40 being offered at the moment. Like someone says, you'll have to log in to his account and pay through that. If you're trying to keep it as a surprise, you might be best to buy it from Argos - they usually have it at the best price - €47.99. Not much of a saving but every little helps and all that.

Thanks. No he hasn't subscribed before as he just received the Playstation. I've logged into his account to top up the wallet but the only amounts it allows either side of €40 is €30 or €50. He knows I'm getting this for him so doesn't have to be hidden from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Thanks. No he hasn't subscribed before as he just received the Playstation. I've logged into his account to top up the wallet but the only amounts it allows either side of €40 is €30 or €50. He knows I'm getting this for him so doesn't have to be hidden from him.

I just have my paypal account linked to my PS account and it takes the exact amout out when I check out. You can do the same with your debit or credit card. Just make sure you set up 2 step verification to avoid the account being hacked and money being taken off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

so you have to let your ps plus sub run out if you want to buy the 12 month offer in ps store? phew glad i saw this thread as my subscription was going to be auto renewed tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kenobiwan

Definitely the 1TB.

Also, it's extra storage space, not memory.

Also steer clear of zavvi uk. cancelled 1st order due to system issues and wouldn't honour same deal.2nd order delayed due to lack of stock so not sure if it will arrive for Christmas. still saying in stock on site.massive bunch of nobbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

Saw this on IGN. Has anyone used this site before?

50 euro credit for 42.49.

https://www.press-start.com/en/1784-buy-key-ps4-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Never heard of it but we could use a guinea pig if you're up for it, let us know how it goes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

shawki wrote: »

https://www.press-start.com/en/1784-buy-key-ps4-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

Haven't tested it but there's a 2 quid surcharge to use Paypal which is a bit of a sting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

FIFA 17 on psn for 40 euro. Deciding between that or physical from Argos for an extra fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

GTAV, Watch Dogs 2 and FFXV are left to go. Watch Dogs is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Is Mafia 3 worth the €30? Or €45 for the deluxe version?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

IT's really good I think, the storytelling is better than anything you'll play this year, I'm about 4 hours in ,got it for 12 Euro on PC, but my PC is struggling with it, so think I'll get it during the week for the PS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    FIFA 17 on psn for 40 euro. Deciding between that or physical from Argos for an extra fiver.

Physical copy for €5 extra is a much better choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I gave up on mafia 3 after a few hours, wouldn't play it again even if it was free, some of the most boring game design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Physical copy for €5 extra is a much better choice.

Not sure about that, the trade in value on yearly sports games drops to nothing after the next ones out.

Add to that if you buy digital you can have it running on 2 PS4s.

If it was a €5 less for the physical I probably wouldn't as not needing to change disc is worth a €5 more for the digital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I gave up on mafia 3 after a few hours, wouldn't play it again even if it was free, some of the most boring game design.

Yeah it's just "go here and kill this guy" over and over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

infacteh wrote: »
    Is Mafia 3 worth the €30? Or €45 for the deluxe version?

I had it and was a bit bored. Got the new Tomb Raider instead and it was worlds better gameplay, more exciting and a better game overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So Watch Dogs should on sale on Monday, thought it wasn't until the 21st it was supposed to go on sale?
    Did a game not last 48hrs?

Edit: nevermind I forget about GTA :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭shawki

shawki wrote: »

It worked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did you all use paypal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Bought pro evo 2017 on disc today (€38 in Argos) for ps4 (only got my ps4 two weeks ago) after having it on disc for xbox one and then the xbox digital version. Bought it to get the option files as I got a pain in me hoop editing on the xbox. Konami are making a fortune outta me :) Best footy game ever imo.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Did anyone get the cheap psn sub?

When I log in it's unavailable..: (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

What can we expect GTA to be priced at, that's some game for holding value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Did anyone get the cheap psn sub?

When I log in it's unavailable..: (

It's available for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

phobia2011 wrote: »
    What can we expect GTA to be priced at, that's some game for holding value.

Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

will there be anymore sales on the playstation store ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

GTA V is 30 in Argos now. Lowest ever I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GTA V is 30 in Argos now. Lowest ever I think.

Same in Smyths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Picked up Dishonored 2 there yesterday. Bargain!

Watch dogs 2 is only €38 and a few of the VR games are cheaper now .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement