Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Did anyone get the cheap psn sub?

When I log in it's unavailable..: (

Not available on the mobile site for some reason, but fine on my laptop..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Couple more reductions on Amazon UK

Doom - £15

Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition - £14.85

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Final Fantasy XV has gone down to £34.99 (roughly €42) on Amazon, which is pretty good for a physical copy, but it might be cheaper in the last 12 Deals of Christmas deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Thinking of buying Rory McIlroy PGA & sleeping Dogs, Bogor on store €29.99 for both? Any views on either?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Thinking of buying Rory McIlroy PGA & sleeping Dogs, Bogor on store €29.99 for both? Any views on either?

Played a bit of Sleeping Dogs on last gen and was pretty unimpressed with it.

It might have benefited from a lick of paint and some gentle tweaks but there's better remasters out there imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Rory is decent for single player. A good solid golf game, but the multiplayer absolutely sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Sleeping Dogs is a great game, but I picked mine up on the Store last year for a tenner. Pretty sure it's regularly on sale for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sleeping Dogs is brilliant. One of the few games I played to platinum I enjoyed it that much.

Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd recommend Sleeping Dogs too, I thought it was great fun. Most of the game is utterly ridiculous though, if you want something serious stay away, most of the mechanics and missions are laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Sleeping Dogs is good. Not as polished as GTA and the hand to hand combat is better than the gunplay which dominates the final third but still worth a play through

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Fair enough,but my point was will we be expected to pay for a full prices game,no SP would also not surprise me,and then have a F2P business model?

If so it will be a pass for me

I think Rockstar are worth the benefit of the doubt. Literally millions of people have sunk hundreds of hours into GTA Online without any request or desire to pay a penny to get anything that can't be earned in the game yourself. I log in every few months and the game is always full of free upgrades and new levels and missions and vehicles and races and so much more.

GTA V was the most profitable piece of entertainment in history. I doubt they go too far away from that formula in the future and would expect lengthy SP along with comprehensive Online in both RDR2 and GTA6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I think Rockstar are worth the benefit of the doubt. Literally millions of people have sunk hundreds of hours into GTA Online without any request or desire to pay a penny to get anything that can't be earned in the game yourself. I log in every few months and the game is always full of free upgrades and new levels and missions and vehicles and races and so much more.

GTA V was the most profitable piece of entertainment in history. I doubt they go too far away from that formula in the future and would expect lengthy SP along with comprehensive Online in both RDR2 and GTA6

Ive put a lot of time into it too,played regularly with a group of friends. I just felt that even after probably a few hundred hours i never had any decent amount of cash and was always scraping around for cars/apartments/boats/planes. Just wore me down in the end and left a bit of a sour taste. Never paid for a shark card either myself. I really enjoyed the SP so not getting any DLC for that was disappointing for me.

The last time i logged in and played regularly was the stunt update,after a week or so i had done most of what that offered and decided to leave it again.

Theres obviously a lot of people who like it and R* will make the game they want to make,but if the online is similar i just think it wont be for me.

But didn't you really need any of that stuff? A fast car is a fast car and you can steal one of those. Weaponary tends to be affordable and the apartments all seem a waste of money to me.

I'll probably never be able to afford a tank, which would be nice, but that seems like a decent trade-off for all the stuff Rockstar give for free that effectively the blokes with the tanks/bullet proof cars have paid for for all of us.

It sounds like you've probably put in more time than I have and so I don't want to come across as lecturing you. I just look at what GTO is making them and pragmatically think that probably is the way forward in the future but I just have a lot of faith in that company above any other in the business to do well by their fan base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thats cool and im certainly not suggesting my opinion should hold anymore weight than anybody elses,it totally makes sense for them to continue with a formula that works for them and a lot of the people who play GTA O,i just thought it went to far with the grind for the nicer stuff in the game.
    For me working towards a goal is important and getting the nicer stuff was part of that but requires a hell of a lot of time to get there,too much imo considering it was mostly about repeating the same missions over and over.

Your also right in the sense that not a lot of things were strictly nessacery,though there were a few things that were,high end apartments for heists was a real pain when they first launched for instance and if you didnt have one you couldnt set one up. Not having a pimped out custom car for the races also puts people at a disadvantage too. Both of those would require a decent amount of grind or a shark card that was €15 plus so if you didnt want to spend hours grinding that cash to access the heist setups or get a pimped out car you were talking €30+. Thats the side of the game that didnt work for me. Ive played every GTA and if the SP part of them remains ill also play them but the online may not be for me.

Anyway probably pulling this too off topic for a bargain thread:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I'm planning on upgrading to the pro shortly but was wondering if people think we're likely to see any reductions on them after Christmas? I can buy one whenever but don't need one for Christmas so if there's a better deal to be had afterwards I'll wait.

I doubt it, it's brand new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Maybe Christmas next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

shawki wrote: »
    Saw this on IGN. Has anyone used this site before?

50 euro credit for 42.49.

https://www.press-start.com/en/1784-buy-key-ps4-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

Just used this, worked perfect. cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Day 11 of 12 for PSN sale :)

Watch Dogs 2 deluxe: €40
    Watch Dogs 2 gold: €75

I'm not sure I'll bite at those prices, I realise that it's a new game, but my wallet remains shut haha!

I have zero interest in FF games, so that's the 12 days of xmas deals over as far as I'm concerned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Nope that's useless you could buy a boxed copy for cheaper.
    Forget it Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Day 11 of 12 for PSN sale :)

Watch Dogs 2 deluxe: €40
    Watch Dogs 2 gold: €75

I'm not sure I'll bite at those prices, I realise that it's a new game, but my wallet remains shut haha!

I have zero interest in FF games, so that's the 12 days of xmas deals over as far as I'm concerned :D

€37.99 in Argos for the standard edition. I don't think there is much of a difference between the standard and deluxe - apart from skins etc.

It's not that good anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As much as I enjoyed WD2, I'd recommend a physical copy. I enjoyed it start to finish but most of the DLC plans are for co-op missions, which I never even touched and got €42 credit trading it in (obviously will go down) so glad I went that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Shops aren't getting any more in before Christmas so had to go digital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Seriously fook amazon and their slow dispatch speed. Ordered game sunday, still no dispatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    As much as I enjoyed WD2, I'd recommend a physical copy. I enjoyed it start to finish but most of the DLC plans are for co-op missions, which I never even touched and got €42 credit trading it in (obviously will go down) so glad I went that route.

Fcuking co-op missions! :mad:
    Definitely wouldn't be buying the DLC then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Seriously fook amazon and their slow dispatch speed. Ordered game sunday, still no dispatch.
    seems to be only games this happens on, I ordered Doom yesterday and its not dispatched yet ,ordered 2 dog beds this morning,dispatched 30mins after..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

bigphil2 wrote: »
    seems to be only games this happens on, I ordered Doom yesterday and its not dispatched yet ,ordered 2 dog beds this morning,dispatched 30mins after..

Not only games, happened to me a few months ago on a bluray set. They didn't ship it for nearly a week after it was paid for and was "awaiting dispatch". Just got Ascendia'd for the first time in a year on a bd set at the weekend, will probably have to get a replacement sent out in 3 weeks after it doesn't show up :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ordered 2 games there in the last week don't care when i get as have loads to play.

Got the Ass creed 2 remaster set and FF 15. For the grand total of 55 euros cant complain as thats a bargain in my eyes you pay more for that in a shop for FF15 :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Used this and it worked fine, even got 25c off for liking the Facebook! I did use a throwaway card just in case though.

How, can't see anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement