Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

ShaneU wrote: »
    I have the game and know exactly what it is, it's essentially a paid demo. Fine for €4 but it was €30 when it was released which is ridiculous. Also Phantom Pain doesn't include Ground Zeroes.

I think most people's definition of a demo would be a short, possibly incomplete, demonstration of content found in the main game.

Ground Zeroes was overpriced at release, and in some ways it was an unnecessary entry in the series, but it's not a demo. It took me almost 7 hours to see and do everything in the game. None of that content is found in The Phantom Pain. It's quite simply not a demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know we got Ground Zeroes on PS Plus anyway so anyone looking at it now may want to see if they have it there first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

The Last Guardian is 40 Euro in Gamestop - I think it's a good price for such a recent release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Danick wrote: »
    The Last Guardian is 40 Euro in Gamestop - I think it's a good price for such a recent release

Showing as £24.99 on amazon.co.uk but not in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

dudeeile wrote: »

Got it on shopto for not much more than that the other day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Fieldog wrote: »
    Got it on shopto for not much more than that the other day

Hi - do you mind if I ask you if you use parcel motel or do they send it to your Irish address and if so what do they charge for postage to Ireland?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dudeeile wrote: »

Just add it to the basket, was told I would have to wait until Jan 5th for new stock, but got shipping notice yesterday on my copy. Came out at €30 exact off my Revolut card.

€31.99 in Argos atm, no stock though as far as I can see. Pulled this crap over Christmas with Dead Rising 4 for which stock miraculously appeared today when the price wnt back up.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5981997/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo%2Bgames%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4%2Bgames%7C37328632.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Darkest Dungeon is €8 quid (ish) for PS+ users at the mo, reduced from €20 something.

Very good rogue-like game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Same price in Tesco and if you have 10euro off vouchers you can get 10euro shopping for free ðŸ˜...

I picked up yesterday.. went into Gamestop to buy Driveclub VR absolutely appauled with them only reason I went was because I had 50min break between buses and it was closest to me...

They couldn't find the box and the man goes to me unless you want to buy without a box I'm like hell no I could pick it up elsewhere... Then they said they would check downstairs litterally 2secs later said didn't have I was like wtf you didn't even look... So they told me to call back in and I said I'll buy somewhere else... One of the staff told me no when I asked if I could get a second hand box for it... Really ridiculous that he wouldn't give me even a second hand box and instead wants to sell me a game without a box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hi - do you mind if I ask you if you use parcel motel or do they send it to your Irish address and if so what do they charge for postage to Ireland?

Thanks

I didn't bother with PM this time around...

£3 I paid for postage to Ireland, royal mail, I'm sure I could have sped it up but I'm not in a hurry for it, I'm only waiting about 10 years or so to play the bloody thing, what's another week or two... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

May not be relevant to most in here but I saw Doom for £15 in Sainsburys. Not sure if it was just my local one or all. Was manic in there so didn't see any other games, will check again on Monday if there are other cheapies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I am still happily using the PS3 and I see the resident evil games have been reduced, but which one to buy?
    RE4? RE5 gold edition or RE6? or all 3 as they around €7? advise please! Plus any other games you recommend that are below a tenner for the PS3
    Deus ex Human revolution €4? Dead Island? All old games I know but still look fun. More into single player stuff like farcry
    I have the usual ones like far cry 3 and 4, thief, tomb raider, all the PS plus games from3 years go up to present day

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

I am still happily using the PS3 and I see the resident evil games have been reduced, but which one to buy? RE4? RE5 gold edition or RE6? or all 3 as they around €7? advise please! Plus any other games you recommend that are below a tenner for the PS3 Deus ex Human revolution €4? Dead Island? All old games I know but still look fun. More into single player stuff like farcry I have the usual ones like far cry 3 and 4, thief, tomb raider, all the PS plus games from3 years go up to present day

definitely recommend deus ex absolutely great game also it's purely single player with interesting story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

RE4 is a classic
    I am still happily using the PS3 and I see the resident evil games have been reduced, but which one to buy? RE4? RE5 gold edition or RE6? or all 3 as they around €7? advise please! Plus any other games you recommend that are below a tenner for the PS3 Deus ex Human revolution €4? Dead Island? All old games I know but still look fun. More into single player stuff like farcry I have the usual ones like far cry 3 and 4, thief, tomb raider, all the PS plus games from3 years go up to present day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Highly recommend Resident 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is the 2 for 1 offer finnished on store? Was sure it ran into new year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I am still happily using the PS3 and I see the resident evil games have been reduced, but which one to buy?
    RE4? RE5 gold edition or RE6? or all 3 as they around €7? advise please! Plus any other games you recommend that are below a tenner for the PS3
    Deus ex Human revolution €4? Dead Island? All old games I know but still look fun. More into single player stuff like farcry
    I have the usual ones like far cry 3 and 4, thief, tomb raider, all the PS plus games from3 years go up to present day

thanks

RE4 is amazing still to this day.

If you're after a co op experience though I can't recommend RE5 highly enough.

Also nothing wrong with playing a last gen system still. I play the odd 360 game still and if I'd more time I'd play it a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I bought RE4, loved all the old ones. Last time I played it was Code Veronica on the DC however I either forgot how bad the controls are or this is worst but it's unplayable so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

thanks for the replies, went for RE4 (5.99), Deus Ex HR (directors cut 3.99) , Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (2.99) in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Dirt Rally is only €19.99 on psn, bought it a couple of days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

RasTa wrote: »
    I bought RE4, loved all the old ones. Last time I played it was Code Veronica on the DC however I either forgot how bad the controls are or this is worst but it's unplayable so far

I agree. Adored RE4 when it came out but when I replayed it on ps4 dropped it after 10 minutes with the terrible controls... as you said unplayable for me...

sticker wrote: »
    I agree. Adored RE4 when it came out but when I replayed it on ps4 dropped it after 10 minutes with the terrible controls... as you said unplayable for me...

Thats because the redone controls in this release are hideous, had to switch it back to the Gamecube style control scheme to make it playable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Persona Europe page on Facebook had this up
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1193056297435380&id=166777336729953
    Still not got your copy of Root Letter? Now is the time with 50% off on the EU PSN sale! From today until January 20th on both platforms!
    PS4 - https://store.playstation.com/…
    55%
    PSVita - https://store.playstation.com/…
    50%

Root leter has been down for the last week, as has Steins;Gate 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Root leter has been down for the last week, as has Steins;Gate 0
    Haven't been keeping up to date on deals at all over the Christmas. I have it already, physical copy so hoping someone else picks it up and someday I'll have someone to talk to about it with xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Whats the best deal for the PS4 console at the moment? Is it worth paying out for the Pro version?

Whats the best deal for the PS4 console at the moment? Is it worth paying out for the Pro version?

€250 in Argos for the 500GB version with Uncharted 4, €330 for the FFXV 1TB console(includes FFXV and Kingsglaive movie) in GameStop or €350 for a 1TB console with Uncharted 4, Bloodborne GOTY, No Mans Sky and the premium(€50) in ear PS headset in GameStop are the best b&m deals around atm. On Amazon you can get a 1TB console with Uncharted 4, Drive Club and Ratchet & Clank for £250.

As for the Pro console, I would only advise buying it over the standard version if you have a 4k tv or are planning to buy one in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I have a 4K TV, so it would be worth it?

• Advertisement

I have a 4K TV, so it would be worth it?

Yeah, quite a few games are available to play in 4k on the Pro. The highest resolution the standard PS4 will output is 1080p.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement