Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I think its still 19.99 on amazon with the season pass aswell :)

Nope it's £62.99 it was that price at Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know the price of Resident Evil 7 in Tesco? Nearest stores to me is Tesco, Super Valu and Smyths so cheapest so far is Smyths @ 65euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Anyone know the price of Resident Evil 7 in Tesco? Nearest stores to me is Tesco, Super Valu and Smyths so cheapest so far is Smyths @ 65euro

It's €55 in Argos with a €5 voucher back

It's €55 in Argos with a €5 voucher back

I know that thats why I'm saying the only near stores to me are those 3 :p not travelling for an hour over and an hour back to go to Smyths over the sake of a few euro haha :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I know that thats why I'm saying the only near stores to me are those 3 :p not travelling for an hour over and an hour back to go to Smyths over the sake of a few euro haha :p

Bummer! Collecting mine tomorrow from Argos ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Think it's around 42 pound on game collection if that's any good to ya.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Think it's around 42 pound on game collection if that's any good to ya.

I need this tomorrow not next week :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I've about a tenner in my account for as long as I can remember - any of these worth a go (just pulling from the current sale!)

- Thief
    - Sleeping Dogs
    - God of War 3
    - Wolfenstein: Old Blood (have and love the New Order so leaning this way but heard bad things)
    - Watch Dogs
    - Beyond Two Souls
    - Heavy Rain
    - The Wolf Among Us

I'm into most types of gaming, just don't do a lot of online gaming so it would be single player modes only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Highly recommend Sleeping Dogs and The Wolf Among Us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sleeping Dogs is brilliant. One of the very few games I've platinumed because i enjoyed it so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've about a tenner in my account for as long as I can remember - any of these worth a go (just pulling from the current sale!)

- Thief
    - Sleeping Dogs
    - God of War 3
    - Wolfenstein: Old Blood (have and love the New Order so leaning this way but heard bad things)
    - Watch Dogs
    - Beyond Two Souls
    - Heavy Rain
    - The Wolf Among Us

I'm into most types of gaming, just don't do a lot of online gaming so it would be single player modes only.

Sleeping dogs, definitely. It's sort of like Grand Theft Auto but in Hong Kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Sleeping Dogs is a no-brainer at its current price. It's just so much game for a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

- Thief
    - Sleeping Dogs
    - God of War 3
    - Watch Dogs
    - Beyond Two Souls
    - Heavy Rain
    - The Wolf Among Us

Sleeping dogs - if you like gta with a better story
    God of War 3 - if you have played any of then you will love this
    The old blood - not as good as the new order but still fun
    Heavy rain - if you have never played it get it as a extremely good game with a great story. This and uncharted where the reasons I got a ps3 back in 2010

Any of them 4 are fantasic games and I say there less then 30 euros i would buy them all ha. As you will be sorted for months

I wouldn't say Sleeping Dogs has a better story than GTA. Certainly GTA4's story blows it out of the water. It's a fun, if repetitive, game in a beautiful environment but which lacks GTA's polish. Driving is mediocre and gunplay is worse. The first two acts in which the action is focussed around the innovative and fun hand to hand combat system works way better than the last act which moves to shooting with mixed success.

At that price its a must-buy if you like that sandbox style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Thanks, folks.

No love for Thief or Watch Dogs?

I'll probably splurge on the rest now after the comments!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks, folks.

I liked Watchdogs a lot more than Sleeping dogs tbh, never really got into thief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Watchdogs got very boring very fast for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Thanks, folks.

Started Watch Dogs but quickly got bored. Nothing to sink your teeth into.
    Thief probably isn't as bad as some people make out but it's utterly forgettable and the way it ends is kind of baffling. Made no sense to me at all.

I thought Heavy Rain was utter scutter with an absolutely nonsense story. Beyond: Two Souls seemed to embrace its utter ridiculousness but it's as much of a chore to play as Heavy Rain. Avoid the two of them. Terrible.

A lot of people love Heavy Rain. Personally I stopped about 12 hours in purely because I broke for Christmas and never got back into it. I thought it was ok and see the appeal for fans of strong narrative-driven games who don't mind the minimal action. The main thing I liked about it on the PS3 was its novel use of the Move controller so I doubt I'd ever try on PS4 using standard controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thanks, folks.

Probably the most mediocre and boring two games I have played on the PS4 outside of The Order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Thanks, folks.

I liked Watch Dogs, especially the online (not sure if anybody is still playing anymore or not). Thief was average to poor. I played it off the back of Dishonored. There was no comparison.

Sleeping Dogs is definitely the pick of the bunch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

argos doing RE7 for 55 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Can I cancel a pre-order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Can I cancel a pre-order?
    yea you can cancel a preorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

rob808 wrote: »
    yea you can cancel a preorder.

Great. Any ideas how to go about it? I found a tutorial video online but I don't seem to have the same options open to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Great. Any ideas how to go about it? I found a tutorial video online but I don't seem to have the same options open to me.
    who did you preorder from can you email them or is there a contact number to ring?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

rob808 wrote: »
    who did you preorder from can you email them or is there a contact number to ring?

I'm assuming (s)he pre-ordered on PSN.

Did you try this one:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,052 ✭✭✭Daith

Was big fan of the original Thief games but current ones are mediocre. Dishonored is a better pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Picked up Doom Collectors Edition on PS4 at Gamestop for €39.99

Great value for game and statue

doom-ce-cyberdemon-spread_1.jpg

• Advertisement

Macker1 wrote: »
    Picked up Doom Collectors Edition on PS4 at Gamestop for €39.99

Great value for game and statue

doom-ce-cyberdemon-spread_1.jpg

Jesus I despise GameStops website. If you search doom collector's edition it only has PC and xbone. If you search doom ps4 you get 157 results. I'll have to pop in store I'd say, that's a tasty statue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement