Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jesus I despise GameStops website. If you search doom collector's edition it only has PC and xbone. If you search doom ps4 you get 157 results. I'll have to pop in store I'd say, that's a tasty statue

Click into the Xbox version, there will be a drop down menu in there where you can select PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

Good deal in smyths if anyone is looking for a console

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/ps4dealone/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Sale on thegamecollection
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition - £37.95 - €44.30
    Dishonored 2 - £19.95. -€23.29
    Doom - £10.95. -€12.78
    The Last Guardian - £24.95. -€29.12
    Titanfall 2 - £24.95. -€29.12

http://www.thegamecollection.net/sale/clearance/?platform=389

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Sale on thegamecollection
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition - £37.95 - €44.30
    Dishonored 2 - £19.95. -€23.29
    Doom - £10.95. -€12.78
    The Last Guardian - £24.95. -€29.12
    Titanfall 2 - £24.95. -€29.12

http://www.thegamecollection.net/sale/clearance/?platform=389

Added Doom to my cart when you posted this and just came back and it's sold out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Irishder wrote: »
    Good deal in smyths if anyone is looking for a console

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/ps4dealone/

Thank you very much. Thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wonski wrote: »
    Thank you very much. Thanks for sharing.

Indeed. My PS4 was stolen today along with about 100 assorted x360, og xbox and 3ds/ds games and some controllers. Will hopefully have the funds to replace it by the weekend due to this offer.

Indeed. My PS4 was stolen today along with about 100 assorted x360, og xbox and 3ds/ds games and some controllers. Will hopefully have the funds to replace it by the weekend due to this offer.

That sucks.

If you book it now you have 2 days to collect, I think they only charge full amount at collection point.

Not sure how popular this deal is going to be, but stock might be low, or non existent, in next few days.

wonski wrote: »
    That sucks.

If you book it now you have 2 days to collect, I think they only charge full amount at collection point.

Not sure how popular this deal is going to be, but stock might be low, or non existent, in next few days.

Still plenty of stock in Carrickmines(low on whites though).

Could have been much worse for me. They left my Pixel C tablet(worth double the ps4), 2 3dsxls(both worth as much as the ps4 as they are Zelda LEs), my Xbone, psvita and what appears to be all my ps4 and xbone games.
    Got about 10k of my mothers jewelry though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭reddevilfan

Was your house burgled that's is terrible news..... Any way of identifying it if it should appear on Adverts, DD & Gumtree

Reddevilfan

Adverts and donedeal definitely good idea to keep an eye on.

Smyths put a charge on the card after placing the order btw.

• Advertisement

Sniper

Do you have kids?...... Surely a burglar would have taken as much as possible and known what's valuable? These items that were taken seem to be picked out so to speak ( the thief has been in your home and knew what he was looking for )

Example

Da I was in snipers house playing his dad's ps4 he has lots of stuff games etc.... He is so lucky his dad buys him everything...and sniper toled me that his dad's jewellery that belongs to his nanny and left in A,B & C is worth xyz

Then dad decides to get him some of that €€€€€

Sniper

Do you have kids?...... Surely a burglar would have taken as much as possible and known what's valuable? These items that were taken seem to be picked out so to speak ( the thief has been in your home and knew what he was looking for )

Example

Da I was in snipers house playing his dad's ps4 he has lots of stuff games etc.... He is so lucky his dad buys him everything...and sniper toled me that his dad's jewellery that belongs to his nanny and left in A,B & C is worth xyz

Sniper

Example

No kids. They seem to have taken whatever they could carry away that is difficult to track, left the laptops and tablets, also left the Xbone as its a brick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

No kids. They seem to have taken whatever they could carry away that is difficult to track, left the laptops and tablets, also left the Xbone as its a brick.

Sony fanbois

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Bought Sleeping Dogs as per recommendation here and it's great fun, can only echo what's been said. A fiver for it is nothing for so much game play. Thank you for recommendation guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Anyone know the cheapest price for overwatch at the moment? Seems mega expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

€58.99 in Argos Miles, seems to be the cheapest :(

I got Battleborn in Gamestop yesterday for €4.97
    I know that no one bought it, but it's a bit of fun for a fiver :)

Anyone know the cheapest price for overwatch at the moment? Seems mega expensive.

Just missed out, it was on deal of the week recently on psn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just wondering if Sony could track or brick a stolen PS4, not sure if they capture the mac address but if Google is tracking your phone who knows...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

marcbrophy wrote: »
    €58.99 in Argos Miles, seems to be the cheapest :(

I got Battleborn in Gamestop yesterday for €4.97
    I know that no one bought it, but it's a bit of fun for a fiver :)

Actually a good few of us have picked up battleborn now, we have a PS chat on the go aswell for it.

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »
    Just wondering if Sony could track or brick a stolen PS4, not sure if they capture the mac address but if Google is tracking your phone who knows...

They can track it, but wont do so without a Garda warrant and even then are known to be bad at reporting back when it gets connected to PSN again.

Unfortunately for me I didn't note the MAC address down and it has gone out of memory from my router.

PSA: TAKE NOTE OF YOUR MAC ADDRESS IN CASE THIS HAPPENS TO YOU

The gits took the hdmi and network cable with them oddly enough. Removed the disc and my headset dongle from the machine so I still have them so at least I don't have to replace that.

Was able to get a replacement today in Smyths thanks to the generousity of the Boards Destiny Clan. Cost me €245 after trading in one of the 2 ds4s the b*****ds didn't take

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

They can track it, but wont do so without a Garda warrant and even then are known to be bad at reporting back when it gets connected to PSN again.

Unfortunately for me I didn't note the MAC address down and it has gone out of memory from my router.

The gits took the hdmi and network cable with them oddly enough. Removed the disc and my headset dongle from the machine so I still have them so at least I don't have to replace that.

Sorry to hear about the robbery,happened to me a few years ago while in the middle of a move,luckily was in the old house and ahd moved the expensive stuff over,however they still got a lot..

if you still have the box for it,the serial number will be on that.. some way to track it at least.. you could go into your local cex and pawnshops etc and ask them to keep an eye out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Actually a good few of us have picked up battleborn now, we have a PS chat on the go aswell for it.

Nice, if I get into it, I'll let ye know. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nice, if I get into it, I'll let ye know. :)

No problem, throw me a message on the PS if you want in on the chat, we have a regular wednesday co-op play through at the moment :)

PSA: TAKE NOTE OF YOUR MAC ADDRESS IN CASE THIS HAPPENS TO YOU

Was able to get a replacement today in Smyths thanks to the generousity of the Boards Destiny Clan. Cost me €245 after trading in one of the 2 ds4s the b*****ds didn't take

Glad your back up and running dude. Feckers wont have a bit of good luck going forward. Also MAC Address isnt really needed just the console serial. I have a seperate file in my house that has all the details listed own etc just in case anything ever happens my stuff.

Glad your back up and running dude. Feckers wont have a bit of good luck going forward. Also MAC Address isnt really needed just the console serial. I have a seperate file in my house that has all the details listed own etc just in case anything ever happens my stuff.

Indeed as you say in most cases the serial is enough, but still keep note of the MAC address as that is what psn logs when you connect and not the serial. Not sure if Sony have a database where they can search for the MAC address against the serial. No harm in keeping both on file.

Indeed as you say in most cases the serial is enough, but still keep note of the MAC address as that is what psn logs when you connect and not the serial. Not sure if Sony have a database where they can search for the MAC address against the serial. No harm in keeping both on file.

Well i remember from an old ps3 been robbed on someone that they have access to the serial number for the console your account was logged into it. Altho jotting the MAC address might be a good idea and keep it well away from your PS4 :)

Well i remember from an old ps3 been robbed on someone that they have access to the serial number for the console your account was logged into it. Altho jotting the MAC address might be a good idea and keep it well away from your PS4 :)

Handiest place to keep it would probably on a cloud storage service like Google Drive or MS OneDrive. Cant steal or destroy what isn't physically there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

So... any bargains?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So... any bargains?

I have some great items going really cheap if you're in the market: a PS4, about 100 assorted x360, og xbox and 3ds/ds games and some controllers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement