Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

So... any bargains?

The chap's getting some support and kind words after being robbed, is it really that much of an inconvenience to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The chap's getting some support and kind words after being robbed, is it really that much of an inconvenience to you?

It's Playstation Bargains thread, not a robbery support thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's Playstation Bargains thread, not a robbery support thread.

Can it not be the same thing? Like when you buy what you think is a bargain from Game Stop and you then realised you were robbed…

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nacon Controller is 112.99 in argos at the moment, was at 120 so a few quid off at least :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Nacon Controller is 112.99 in argos at the moment, was at 120 so a few quid off at least :)

110 in Smyths.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-994/playstation-4-accessories/p-22523/revolution-pro-controller-ps4/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

110 in Smyths.

Sweet, I asked in Naas the other day and they hadnt gotten them in yet :D
    For anyone on the fence about getting one.... its a very nice pad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

What's the advantage to the Nacon though? 110 seems a bit steep for a controller.

Taltos wrote: »
    What's the advantage to the Nacon though? 110 seems a bit steep for a controller.

110 is cheap compared to the xbox elite controller which is 150 :)

4 additional buttons to map, its the xbox style layout which personally I prefer. The sticks themselves feel alot better than the standard DS4 sticks and my control with the right stick while sniping is alot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Taltos wrote: »

Yeah, I don't get it. Pay 100 quid to go back in time to the era of wired controllers and make it look like an Xbox controller to boot! What am I missing?

BTW. They are on Amazon for £85 / 99€ approx.

Sony PlayStation 4 Revolution Pro Controller

Yeah, I don't get it. Pay 100 quid to go back in time to the era of wired controllers and make it look like an Xbox controller to boot! What am I missing?

BTW. They are on Amazon for £85 / 99€ approx.

Sony PlayStation 4 Revolution Pro Controller

Wired controller means less input lag. This is important for "Pro" gamers playing in big competitions etc. Plenty of games have competitive sides so if you want to improve your game this will help slightly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Wired controller means less input lag. This is important for "Pro" gamers playing in big competitions etc. Plenty of games have competitive sides so if you want to improve your game this will help slightly :)

I guess I'm definitely an amateur then! :)

We are all amateur really. Like the nacon was specifically designed for esports/shooters where it really can get competative at the top :) I just had a tax refund so said I'd treat myself :pac:

And you've probably got weird feet and all…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

marcbrophy wrote: »
    €58.99 in Argos Miles, seems to be the cheapest :(

I got Battleborn in Gamestop yesterday for €4.97
    I know that no one bought it, but it's a bit of fun for a fiver :)

Used my tesco staff discount to get it for £37.60 which is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

110 is cheap compared to the xbox elite controller which is 150 :)

4 additional buttons to map, its the xbox style layout which personally I prefer. The sticks themselves feel alot better than the standard DS4 sticks and my control with the right stick while sniping is alot better.

The Xbox one is a first party controller though. It'd be fairer to compare to a Scuf or the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

We are all amateur really. Like the nacon was specifically designed for esports/shooters where it really can get competative at the top :) I just had a tax refund so said I'd treat myself :pac:

specifically designed for people who think they are at least.

These things are like gambling, in that they're a tax on stupid people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    specifically designed for people who think they are at least.

Not sure about the Nacon, but the Xbox Elite pad is a lot better than the standard pad wrt the materials used and can be adjusted how ever you want for your preference of stick/dpad type and trigger sensitivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

There's more to it than that, you should probably do some actual research before making such an ill-informed, one might say stupid, comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is there Pro gamers in competitions on consoles? I'd have thought any serious Pro gamer or competition would occur on PC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

There are clearly very dedicated, very skilled players that will want to use any advantage possible. Lag isn't subjective. Not everyone notices it but it exists. There's a market for people that want to eliminate every theoretical disadvantage. This controller is for them. If it's not for you then it's none of your business. Calling this an 'idiot tax' is shockingly misinformed.

Relax the kacks, lads. He just has a different opinion to ye. Personally I'd think it was a waste of money as well but then I'd have a life that wouldn't revolve around eliminating input lag in FPS. Each to their own and all that.

dudeeile wrote: »
    There's more to it than that, you should probably do some actual research before making such an ill-informed, one might say stupid, comment.

Research/information from who?

A bunch of try hards?

It's all marketing to get the easily convinced to spend money.

Research/information from who?

A bunch of try hards?

It's all marketing to get the easily convinced to spend money.

Why dont you go look at reviews from people that dont have a vetted interest in the pad so, plenty of them out there if you bother to use google.

http://www.t3.com/reviews/nacon-playstation-4-revolution-pro-controller-review-insane-levels-of-customisation-and-performance-but-its-definetly-not-for-everyone

Why dont you go look at reviews from people that dont have a vetted interest in the pad so, plenty of them out there if you bother to use google.

http://www.t3.com/reviews/nacon-playstation-4-revolution-pro-controller-review-insane-levels-of-customisation-and-performance-but-its-definetly-not-for-everyone
    It comes back to the point we raised right at the start of this review - how suitable is the product for the customer considering its cost. We think that if you play a lot of video games, and specifically if you do so in a competitive, pro-gamer environment, then the Revolution Pro is the best PS4 gamepad in the world right now. It offers you unparalleled levels of accuracy and performance. However, if you're just a gamer or casual player, then it really is hard to justify the controller's purchase at this price.

We guess, then, you need to ask yourself just how much benefit you feel you will get from a piece of hardware like this. There's no doubting its quality, like a Ferrari supercar - but do you have the quality to justify its purchase?

Like I said Try hards.

Any actual professional gamer are using whatever sponsored gear is they when they show up based on whatever some marketing department is trying to push.

Like I said Try hards.

Any actual professional gamer are using whatever sponsored gear is they when they show up based on whatever some marketing department is trying to push.

There is nothing try hard about it, you really are ill informed if your branding a product as a marketing gimmick without as much as trying the product out for yourself or even bothering to read any of the numerous reviews out there on it. The pad makes a noticeable difference as pointed out in the review. Is that difference worth the money for the pad? Well thats up to each user to decide and for me it was well worth the money I paid.

There is nothing try hard about it, you really are ill informed if your branding a product as a marketing gimmick without as much as trying the product out for yourself or even bothering to read any of the numerous reviews out there on it. The pad makes a noticeable difference as pointed out in the review. Is that difference worth the money for the pad? Well thats up to each user to decide and for me it was well worth the money I paid.

73767799.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.
    If you want to discuss controllers, by all means start a thread.

Bargains please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fancy bloody controller heads the lot of ye... :)

I understand why people use them but I'm not a competitive FPS head by any means so these are of little use to me...

The only USB port being used for wiring a controller on my PS4 is for my joystick for SFV, which I haven't bothered playing in ages...

Speaking of bargains the Season Pass for the first year of Street Fighter V is on PS Store for a tenner, lowest it has been since it was 15 before Xmas... :)

No Akuma but worth it if you have the base game and aren't arsed spending hours unlocking stuff...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Fancy bloody controller heads the lot of ye... :)

I understand why people use them but I'm not a competitive FPS head by any means so these are of little use to me...

The only USB port being used for wiring a controller on my PS4 is for my joystick for SFV, which I haven't bothered playing in ages...

Speaking of bargains the Season Pass for the first year of Street Fighter V is on PS Store for a tenner, lowest it has been since it was 15 before Xmas... :)

No Akuma but worth it if you have the base game and aren't arsed spending hours unlocking stuff...

Didnt I see SFV on the cheap somewhere this week too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement