Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

€25 for GOTY Witcher 3

Will have to look at the official post to have a better look over what's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Is Alien: Isolation worth €9?

Disclaimer: I'm a bit of a wuss...

Also, Mafia 3 for €35?

I'll almost definitely splash out on the Witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Also, Mafia 3 for €35?

Mafia has an amazing story and soundtrack,but the gameplay is very shallow and repetitive. €35 is probably about right for it

Watchdogs 2 for an extra €5 is probably a better deal if you havent played it yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Also, Mafia 3 for €35?

Alien is supposed to be amazing, I got the full version for 12 a few months back, just need time now to play it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Also, Mafia 3 for €35?

Alien is definitely worth €9. Scared the bejaysus out of me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Resident Evil Revelations 2 any good? I played the first one on the 3DS and I enjoyed it. I've not heard much about the second one, but it's only a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Also Games of Thrones Episode I and Resi Revelations 2 Episode 1 should be free, alongside Tales from the Borderlands Episode 1, Minecraft Episode 1 and Kings Quest Episode I.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Same games all the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

chrislad wrote: »
    Also Games of Thrones Episode I and Resi Revelations 2 Episode 1 should be free, alongside Tales from the Borderlands Episode 1, Minecraft Episode 1 and Kings Quest Episode I.

They're always free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

No, it is worth a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Resident Evil Revelations 2 any good? I played the first one on the 3DS and I enjoyed it. I've not heard much about the second one, but it's only a fiver.

yes, better than the first I thought. easily worth a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is a very much love/hate game, I honestly found it very boring and repetitive, the atmosphere is great, but the gameplay itself was a let down, I think after 3 months of its release on the PS4 only 15% of players had actually finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Same, I really wanted to like it but found it very boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's probably 3-4 hours too long truth be told and some of the sections with the Androids can be pretty annoying but the atmosphere is second to none and when the Alien is about it really sets your heart racing. It is definitely worth €9 if even just for the first time you encounter the Alien. Up there with the best games for the sound production in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It's probably 3-4 hours long truth be told and some of the sections with the Androids can be pretty annoying but the atmosphere is second to none and when the Alien is about it really sets your heart racing. It is definitely worth €9 if even just for the first time you encounter the Alien. Up there with the best games for the sound production in it.

Where are you getting 3 to 4 hours from?

15 at least.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=16638

Where are you getting 3 to 4 hours from?

15 at least.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=16638

Apologies, that should say 3 to 4 hours too long. Editing original post…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Alien isolation is good, but it has sooo much padding which I hated. The game is far too long and gets so repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Tinie wrote: »
    Alien isolation is good, but it has sooo much padding which I hated. The game is far too long and gets so repetitive.

That sucks to hear, I'll leave it so.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    That sucks to hear, I'll leave it so.

It is overlong I'll grant you but I really loved the tension the game was able to create where you didn't know if the Alien was going to appear or not. And the parts where you're hiding in a closet or under a bed watching the alien stalking around the are terrifying. It was only near the end that fatigue set in for me where I wanted to finish the game. To be honest, I probably would have been better leaving the game for a bit and coming back a bit fresher for the end. I'd still thoroughly recommend it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Personally , I got bored of the game after about 3hrs and never went back .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Is it worth getting the Alien Isolation Collection bundle, for €3 more? Does this include all the Dlc? I see the season pass is €6, but if it just covers everything in the collection edition, I suppose I'd be better off buying the collection. (probably just answered my own question haha, but any input here is welcome, there's €3 at stake here :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I loved Alien Isolation and finished it and I did pick up the DLC and never played it as is mostly time trial runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I loved it, a flawed (length) gem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I hate all resident evil games after 3, but revalations 1 and 2 where the ones that I loved.
    Revalations 2 is slower and a bit more like original re games, but most fun I had in that game is raid mode.
    Mini missions, where you get loot and level up your character and can tackle harder missions. Check it on youtube. Great crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dohboy

Far Cry Primal any use? I've played all the other recent ones and enjoyed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

dohboy wrote: »
    Far Cry Primal any use? I've played all the other recent ones and enjoyed them.

Not too bad, not as good as the others but worth a look if you like that style of game. Just weird with no guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I hate all resident evil games after 3

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yes, I am one of those pricks, who thinks that franchise went down hill with 4. You will need separate thread for it though lol.

I just glimpsed at the sale and I start hating sony even more then steam with it sales. I learned to resist those, but npw sony every week throws damn sale and there is a lot of stuff I want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm finding it hard to resist either The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition or the Bioshock Collection at the moment, both €25 each... Will surely have to bite on one of them! Dangerously enough I have €35 lying in my wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'll buy tombraider for £8. I've been wanting to finish that for ages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement