Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Nailz wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to resist either The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition or the Bioshock Collection at the moment, both €25 each... Will surely have to bite on one of them! Dangerously enough I have €35 lying in my wallet.

Sure if that's the case, buy both. It'll only cost you €15 of real money. Bargain.

That's my logic and I'm sticking to it. Just don't tell my bank manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sure if that's the case, buy both. It'll only cost you €15 of real money. Bargain.

That's my logic and I'm sticking to it. Just don't tell my bank manager.
    Man after my own heart...

I actually have the Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition for the PS3, but never really bothered with it because backlogs and all that. It turns out that I can trade it in for €8 in cash at CeX, not bad. Put that towards the 'real money' cost and I'm only paying €7 and getting an upgrade on games I already owned. :pac:

Nailz wrote: »
    Man after my own heart...

I actually have the Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition for the PS3, but never really bothered with it because backlogs and all that. It turns out that I can trade it in for €8 in cash at CeX, not bad. Put that towards the 'real money' cost and I'm only paying €7 and getting an upgrade on games I already owned. :pac:

It's practically profit at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dohboy

Not too bad, not as good as the others but worth a look if you like that style of game. Just weird with no guns.

Hmmm, wasn't a big fan of those Shangri-la missions in FC4...

dohboy wrote: »
    Far Cry Primal any use? I've played all the other recent ones and enjoyed them.

Enjoyed it - not as good as 3 and 4 and essentially the same mechanisms (bonfires instead of towers, for e.g.) but it was a clever way of keeping the game feeling fresh.

That said, I felt a little robbed paying full whack for it, but under €30 is a good price for what you'll get out of it.

I'm sure it'll drop further in the next few weeks/months anyway if you don't spring for it this time - it's been out a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, was a bit of a hidden gem on the Ps3. In fact it was one of my absolute favourite games in that generation. I'm a sucker for good, solid level designs and it really has it as well as a really fun multiplayer. I'm going to double-dip for PS4 now as the remastered version is in the new sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, was a bit of a hidden gem on the Ps3. In fact it was one of my absolute favourite games in that generation. I'm a sucker for good, solid level designs and it really has it as well as a really fun multiplayer. I'm going to double-dip for PS4 now as the remastered version is in the new sale.

I'm doing the same, shame both didn't get a remaster, but sure 15 quid is worth it to replay Fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Watch Dog 2 on sale for 40€ in ps store now. Is that good price,?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Watch Dog 2 on sale for 40€ in ps store now. Is that good price,?

I got it for that price in the PSN Christmas sale, and I gotta say I enjoyed it a lot, it's much better than the first one and it's the first game I've Platinumed in about a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

dohboy wrote: »
    Hmmm, wasn't a big fan of those Shangri-la missions in FC4...

Nor I, but you have a sweet bow and arrow that can be upgraded to Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Bought Trackmania there for €15, it's quite mental. Also got BioShock Collection for €25 cos why the hell not.

I'd like to get Bioshock 2 with Minerva's Den DLC, I've heard good things. Is it available on it's own?

I'd like to get Bioshock 2 with Minerva's Den DLC, I've heard good things. Is it available on it's own?

On PS4 you get them all for €25. Maybe they'll offer them individually in the future?

On Steam you can get them individually, but then have to buy the DLC, it's a bit confusing.

On Steam you can get them individually, but then have to buy the DLC, it's a bit confusing.

Weird!

I have them on Steam too, i just prefer using the big screen and the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How is the BioShock collection? I heard it had some performance issues on launch? I loved the first game and enjoyed infinite too. Very tempted to get it just to have the games. I'm sure I'll replay them someday

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How is the BioShock collection? I heard it had some performance issues on launch? I loved the first game and enjoyed infinite too. Very tempted to get it just to have the games. I'm sure I'll replay them someday

The first one is running really nicely for me. Quite a nice visual upgrade too and smoother framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Can't stream Bioshock, that's stupid af.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Whats the best price to be able to play PSN Online?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

kopkidda wrote: »

€48 in Argos.

There was a link for €42(I think) a while back - not sure if still available.

EDIT: Found it.
    https://www.press-start.com/en/1784-buy-key-ps4-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    €48 in Argos.

https://www.press-start.com/en/1784-buy-key-ps4-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

Thats great thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I spotted this yesterday. It might be worth a punt. He seems to have ok feedback .
    *snip*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's paying to load a random account onto your console though, bit dodgy no? Could revoke access to the account at any time

I spotted this yesterday. It might be worth a punt. He seems to have ok feedback .
    *snip*

Very good,thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Exercise extreme caution with any offering / taking account details from anyone, would strongly, strongly advice against it. It's an inherently dodgy way of doing business. Have removed the link for that reason, and account sharing references are against the charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Mod note: Exercise extreme caution with any offering / taking account details from anyone, would strongly, strongly advice against it. It's an inherently dodgy way of doing business. Have removed the link for that reason, and account sharing references are against the charter.
    I don't think the seller is sharing an account with the purchaser . I think that the idea is that he sells you an account and you then set it as the primary account on your console ,as we all do with Can , U.S accounts already .

The thing is though , if the accounts he is selling are random generated accounts , I wonder would you have the possibility that your console could be blocked if it's twigged by Sony .

I've never tried it , but it's something to think about .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I don't think the seller is sharing an account with the purchaser . I think that the idea is that he sells you an account and you then set it as the primary account on your console ,as we all do with Can , U.S accounts already .

The thing is though , if the accounts he is selling are random generated accounts , I wonder would you have the possibility that your console could be blocked if it's twigged by Sony .

I've never tried it , but it's something to think about .

It sounds like an awful idea tbh. Wouldn't go anywhere near it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Whatever the mechanics, the whole thing is immensely dodgy, not least because you could well be giving some stranger on the Internet access to your PS4. Even if there are no nefarious intentions other than making a few quid, there is no security and the practical concerns are many (what happens after a year?). I understand 50 quid is a lot to some people, but there's too many risks involved with this cheap alternative.

As said: avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

but it's something to think about .

Absolutely not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

F1ngers wrote: »

€48 in Argos.

Is that legit. Have people here used it. My sub is up in a week and this seems like a good place to renew

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement