Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is that legit. Have people here used it. My sub is up in a week and this seems like a good place to renew

Yup, used them a few times for credit abd got the code within minutes. Great to be finally able to get Irish psn codes below face value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Good few on here used them, so you should be fine.

If you're worried used one of the more protected methods (paypal or CC) rather than a debit card.

They were out of stock last time I looked and if I'd known I'd have used them yesterday to get a few things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is that legit. Have people here used it. My sub is up in a week and this seems like a good place to renew

Used it for the first time myself a short while ago, email was instant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I used that site for psn credit and PS+, very fast service, cheap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Are there any deals on PS4 controllers? Have had enough of splitting games with my brother V the computer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Project Cars Digital Edition €15 on PSN Store.

Whatever the mechanics, the whole thing is immensely dodgy, not least because you could well be giving some stranger on the Internet access to your PS4. Even if there are no nefarious intentions other than making a few quid, there is no security and the practical concerns are many (what happens after a year?). I understand 50 quid is a lot to some people, but there's too many risks involved with this cheap alternative.

As said: avoid like the plague.
    In the early days of the ps4 I've bought access to accounts with the latest games for around the 20 euro mark. They've been from eBay to aliexpress to even adverts and every time the account has been locked after a few months. As soon as two months to as far as six months. Its a pointless venture. Game sharing with your buddies is one thing but buying an account off the internet and you're asking for trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Those accounts could easily be from people that are using stolen credit card info to buy the games on the account before they sell them. Bit like the way it happens with keys sometimes on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

30% off $10 US credit on Pcgamesupply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

3hrs left,
    http://www.pcgamesupply.com/special_promotion/
    sweetie wrote: »

Loads of games reduced on Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Folks,
    Looking for some advise. Want to buy a ps4, is there a "best" model like is 1tb needed?
    Also looking to trade in mu mini NES for cex store credit and purchase from there. Only looking for Battlefield ATM.
    Also recommendations for good value headphones. Head some turtle beaches for my ps3 a few years back and they were great.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

MRTULES wrote: »
    Folks,
    Looking for some advise. Want to buy a ps4, is there a "best" model like is 1tb needed?
    Also looking to trade in mu mini NES for cex store credit and purchase from there. Only looking for Battlefield ATM.
    Also recommendations for good value headphones. Head some turtle beaches for my ps3 a few years back and they were great.
    Thanks in advance.

The new firmware will be allowing storage on external USB drive, just like XB1 so the requirement for a big drive will disappear. Out in the next few weeks.

I use the official PS4 headphones (60 stg on Amazon and they are the best I have used).

There is a new PS4 pro with 4K support. Need a 4K tv to go with it !

Can't vouch for CEX hardware as I only buy games from there the odd time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Folks,
    Thanks in advance.

Is the classic that bad that you want rid already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Given there's not that much in the difference between the PS4 slim and the PS4 Pro in price IMO you'd be as well off to get the Pro. You'll get the benefit of a stronger performing system and, depending on the type of game you play, you'll get 1080p/60fps even if you're not using a 4k screen.

I don't know if they've dropped much in price but I have the Skullcandy Slyr headset and they're great. For the PS4 all you need is the jack plugged straight into the controller rather than the longer parts of the cable. A Y-splitter and you can use it on your PC as well.

Dont know if this is allowed but selling my PS4 on adverts.
    Will do a better deal for someone here of course.
    I think its a 250gig model.

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/play-station-4/12319828?utm_source=email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=AdCreated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/play-station-4/12319828?utm_source=email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=AdCreated

PS4 is 500gb min ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I think you might struggle to sell it at that price as you can get a brand new slim version for around the same - £218 / €256 approx.

Sony PlayStation 4 500GB - White (PS4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You'd expect €150 if you sold your PS4 privately. There are too many offers out there for buying the new console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

sweetie wrote: »

Back on again yesterday, another 2 hours left.

Infuriating that I still cannot make a damn purchase on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is Argos the only place you can get Dirt Rally now?... I notice they have the VR Version for 43euro is that the best price out there?... I have VR so would be looking for the DLC which would be included in the disc am I right?...

Is Argos the only place you can get Dirt Rally now?... I notice they have the VR Version for 43euro is that the best price out there?... I have VR so would be looking for the DLC which would be included in the disc am I right?...

This actually looks really good .

Plan...

Buy credit here and buy on the store so it works out at around the same price as Argos ...Argos don't seem to have it in stock at the moment,
    https://www.press-start.com/en/1784-buy-key-ps4-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

I just got it on the store . I had credit lying about.

This actually looks really good .

Plan...

Buy credit here and buy on the store so it works out at around the same price as Argos ...Argos don't seem to have it in stock at the moment,
    https://www.press-start.com/en/1784-buy-key-ps4-playstation-network-card-50e-ireland/

I just got it on the store . I had credit lying about.

Is this site better than buygamecredit?.. My brother has been using buygamecredit for me as I am with 48 months...

I just bought 3 sim card yesterday with 20euro credit so will be using that to buy PS Cards but is this site the cheapest?.. How much credit do you actually need to have to buy the 50euro as on buygamecredit you need more than the 20euro...

Is this site better than buygamecredit?.. My brother has been using buygamecredit for me as I am with 48 months...

I just bought 3 sim card yesterday with 20euro credit so will be using that to buy PS Cards but is this site the cheapest?.. How much credit do you actually need to have to buy the 50euro as on buygamecredit you need more than the 20euro...

Its a lot cheaper than buygamecredit, but you can't use your phone credit for purchasing.

A €50 psn code costs €42 on press start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Flash sale on US /Canadian PSN store is live

Dirt VR is $44 on US site now.

Destiny collection is €32 in Smyths atm.

Watch Dogs 2 is €30

Dirt VR is $44 on US site now.

Probably works out at about the same as 42.49euro then so... Think I am going to try get funds into paypal and then buy it off that site previously mentioned...

Also, Killing Floor 2 for 19euro is a pretty sweet deal, I own it now on both PS4 and PC... Highly recommend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Also, Killing Floor 2 for 19euro is a pretty sweet deal, I own it now on both PS4 and PC... Highly recommend

Never even noticed the price drop, looking forward to trying it out next week.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Never even noticed the price drop, looking forward to trying it out next week.

There is some issues with the game though, like I boot up search match and if the match is in either of a few of them it freezes... Like for Farmhouse for instance, when I get into a lobby for that at the first search it will freeze on me...

However if I am in game and complete I can vote for Farmhouse and it will work without freezing... Big enough issue, but doesn't really bother me too much as I freaking love the game and I am going for the Platinum in this one...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement