Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is Argos the only place you can get Dirt Rally now?... I notice they have the VR Version for 43euro is that the best price out there?... I have VR so would be looking for the DLC which would be included in the disc am I right?...

In January Dirt Rally was only €19.99 on PSN. I'd say it's great on VR though, brilliant game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Nice one, Final Fantasy VII for PS4 is €7.99, instant buy. I missed it during its initial launch week when it was this price and had been waiting for it to go down again. I may have missed previous sales until subscribing to this thread recently - thanks very much for posting these sale notifications!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

I'm not sure how it compares to Amazon or non B&M retailers but Argos has the 1TB Slim console reduced to €309.99 with Nioh free with it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5639847/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+consoles%7C37328622.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 Deluxe Bundle - €50 for PS+ Subscribers

The deluxe edition of both games included. Seems like a great price, have neither of them, might bite on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Nailz wrote: »

The deluxe edition of both games included. Seems like a great price, have neither of them, might bite on that.

get that pressplay deal of €50 for €42.49 and that's a pretty sweet deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

sweetie wrote: »
    Stuff of genius... You really can get some great deals on games if you just hold off on them for a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Nailz wrote: »

You're a bad influence. I've not only gone and bought that but the miracle that is modern technology means its downloading to the PS4 as we speak :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I bought Catlateral for €4.99. The idea of playing as a cat and knocking over everything in sight in a virtual house is gaming gold. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Well lads, I only made the step up to PS4 just before Christmas and I traded in my bundle copy of Battlefield 1 for the year PS+ subscription.

I'm trying not to make the same mistake I made with the PS3 and have a big backlog of games to play, I rushed through too many games and didn't take the time to enjoy them properly.

That being said...I find it hard to resist the sales on the PS store. Might go for the BF1 and TF2 bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

TF2 is really good fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I know both games have huge online presences, but what are the campaigns like?
    Just want to avoid a campaign where I'm minding a cohort of colleagues as opposed to just going out and having some fun with the mission without worrying about anyone else?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Taltos wrote: »
    I know both games have huge online presences, but what are the campaigns like?
    Just want to avoid a campaign where I'm minding a cohort of colleagues as opposed to just going out and having some fun with the mission without worrying about anyone else?

TF2 campaign is brilliant. I want to play through it again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

TF2s campaign is great, it got a lot of praise for it and I really enjoyed it. Just you and your Titan mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

maximoose wrote: »
    TF2s campaign is great, it got a lot of praise for it and I really enjoyed it. Just you and your Titan mostly.

I loved the shooting/parkour parts outside the titan, I could take or leave the mech combat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone recommend an indie game from today's sale? I'm tempted on olliolli as the 2nd one was brilliant

Going to have to give Kung Fury a go for less than two quid.

Beefy78 wrote:

Don't! It's awful

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is back in some Argos stores for €14.99.

• Advertisement

Don't! It's awful

The game and the film are both deliberately awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The game and the film are both deliberately awful.

Works for movies but I can't imagine it translating to games too well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Beefy78 wrote: »

It's alright, I enjoyed it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

sweetie wrote: »

What do you mean by "pressplay deal" ?

R.F. wrote: »
    What do you mean by "pressplay deal" ?

Assume he meant Press Start - €50 credit for €42.49

Bought two in the last week no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

Assume he meant Press Start - €50 credit for €42.49

Bought two in the last week no issues

wow, I never knew about this

How can they do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

R.F. wrote: »
    wow, I never knew about this

How can they do that?

Take a smaller cut, don't know the wholesale price on the €50 cards but would assume its is around €40-42

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Take a smaller cut, don't know the wholesale price on the €50 cards but would assume its is around €40-42

Anybody else having issues trying to buy the press start credit.

I've tried few times with my Visa Debit and Credit and keeps rejecting it ?

My revolut card rejected the transaction, said they don't support the Merchant - but worked fine with PTSB visa debit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Jasper79

My revolut card rejected the transaction, said they don't support the Merchant - but worked fine with PTSB visa debit card.

Strange is PTSB Visa Debit and Credit I've tried few times yesterday and today with no luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement