Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Argos have Horizon Zero Dawn reduced to €58.99 down from €69.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They do not have to honour it, just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

I paid €280 for the white Slim with For Honor and no extra controller two days ago, of course after waiting weeks for a deal on it they offer an even better one a couple of days later. Any chance I'd be able to complain and get a controller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

TacoMan wrote: »
    Argos have Horizon Zero Dawn reduced to €58.99 down from €69.99.

The RRP is €59.99.

It's **** that GS are asking €75 and even at the better end it's €65 in places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yeah I hope so too, as far as I know under consumer law they have to honour it

No they don't!!! You need to study harder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    The RRP is €59.99.

It's **** that GS are asking €75 and even at the better end it's €65 in places.

It's not **** that GS are asking for 75euro, it's **** that Gamestop are still even in business...

#BringBackGAME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

tallpaul wrote: »
    No they don't!!! You need to study harder!

I believe they have to once the card is charged as is the case with GameStop. It would be different if they processed payment upon dispatch.
    If a shop incorrectly labels something with the wrong price, and it is lower than the price charged at the till, you do not have an automatic right to buy the goods at the marked price. As long as the seller tells you before your money is taken that the higher price applies, you can decide not to buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's not **** that GS are asking for 75euro, it's **** that Gamestop are still even in business...

#BringBackGAME

Blasphemy!

#BringBackElectronicsBoutique!

I believe they have to once the card is charged as is the case with GameStop. It would be different if they processed payment upon dispatch.

Distance selling is different, for both consumers and the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Varik wrote: »
    Distance selling is different, for both consumers and the business.

Yep. The retailer can cancel the order if the pricing error is a "genuine and honest mistake".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

#BringBackGAME

How are they still in business at the prices they charge? Is it the naive Mammy and Daddy who dont know to shop around I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

I'll keep you all posted, website is back up to normal price but I haven't been contacted about a mistake yet!
    Yep. The retailer can cancel the order if the pricing error is a "genuine and honest mistake".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

gimmick wrote: »
    How are they still in business at the prices they charge? Is it the naive Mammy and Daddy who dont know to shop around I wonder?

complete gangsters, will never buy anything in there again, as you said they rip off parents and younger kids spending their money that wouldn't know any better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

complete gangsters, will never buy anything in there again, as you said they rip off parents and younger kids spending their money that wouldn't know any better.

Gamestop are free to charge whatever they like for games, if people keep giving them their money then thats down to the individuals and not to the "gansters".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Gamestop are free to charge whatever they like for games, if people keep giving them their money then thats down to the individuals and not to the "gansters".

Indeed sometimes their pricing can be reasonable, they've been selling quite a few niche Japanese games published by PQube, Marvellous and NISA recently for pretty much the same price you can get them online.

On the otherhand their pricing for JRPGs is insane, e.g they've sold the last two entries of Bandai Namcos Tales series for €80 each at release, €20 more than psn.

Gamestop are free to charge whatever they like for games, if people keep giving them their money then thats down to the individuals and not to the "gansters".[/QUOTE

So why not say the same thing about ticket touts and profiteering? Don't see the difference myself :confused:

So why not say the same thing about ticket touts and profiteering? Don't see the difference myself :confused:

Ticket touts/scalpers are part of the secondary market who remove products from the primary market preventing others from purchasing, with the express intention to charge multiples of the retail price for their own profit.

This doesn't apply to GameStop, while their prices are high for new games it would still be counted as being in the primary market and as such are not preventing the consumer from purchasing at or below rrp elsewhere.

maximoose wrote: »

Hmm I wonder does that include the fact that I had €60 in my psn wallet and spent it to pre order Horizon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I suppose you could buy another years sub for psn and get the voucher as the sub will stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

I just pre-ordered Wildlands but got no notification of the €10 credit. Will it just auto apply in April or did something go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TimTom

Just got a ps4 black slim + 2nd controller + Horizon Zero for 249.99 in Argos today. Sold Horizon Zero for 52 in some exchange shop, so total price was €198 for ps4 slim and 2nd controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was gonna preorder mass effect yesterday, really glad I waited now!

From the last time they did this you get notified after the fact, and it shows up on the console in notifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I doubt you'll get a confirmation from them, they just said any 50 quid spent in march and 10 euro top up will be sent to you sometime in the first half of April and has to be used in April.

Hmm I wonder does that include the fact that I had €60 in my psn wallet and spent it to pre order Horizon?
    Any items available in an Applicable Store (including any pre-order purchases of the Horizon Zero Dawn game completed before the Opening Date).

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/legal/march-cashback/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Threw this into the PC bargain thread a minute ago,thought id throw it up here too.

Not a game but i thought id throw this up anyway.

Logitech G29(PS4+PC) and G920(Xbox+PC) are listed as €209 in PC World currently.

http://www.pcworld.ie/product/logite...328115/401.2.4

Went to pick up the G29 this evening and got a nice surprise when the shop assistant said if you buy it with the gear shifter (Not included and listed as €70 on the PC World site) you get the lot for €199.99. So €10 off and they throw in the shifter,sounds like a good deal to me. Was picking it up either way so was delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Deus Ex Mankind Divided works out at about 14 euros on thegamecollection.net.
    It's only at that price for the next half hour I'm afraid though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

For people who've used Press-Start for Irish PSN credit do you normally check out through Paypal or just directly through the HiPay portal? Tempted to pay the extra €2 with Paypal just for security.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement