Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see SMyths have a few games marked down, including The Order 1886 for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

The Deus Ex Mankind Divided for ps4 deal is back on www.thegamecollection.net.
    I bought it when it was reduced last wednesday.
    It works out at about 14.50 euros in total.
    I think it's a good deal at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone used a Revolut card with Press-Start? Payment was refused on the site for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Amazon is now listing the "rarer than hen's teeth" Bloodborne Collector's Edition Strategy Guide as temporarily out of stock suggesting it's being reprinted and will be in stock at some point.

Anyways you can order it for the princely sum of £20 and Amazon will ship when it becomes available.

It's worth a punt methinks:

Bloodborne Collector's Edition Strategy Guide - Hardcover £19.99

Seeing as secondhand copies go for £100!!! or $374 on Amazon US!!!

Gave it an order. What happens if it's not ever in stock? Amazon refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gave it an order. What happens if it's not ever in stock? Amazon refund?

Amazon don't take payment until the item is shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

quinnd6 wrote: »
    The Deus Ex Mankind Divided for ps4 deal is back on www.thegamecollection.net.
    I bought it when it was reduced last wednesday.
    It works out at about 14.50 euros in total.
    I think it's a good deal at that price.

Thanks for that, have been keeping an eye out on Amazon etc for it for a while now. Don't think you'll get much better than that price anytime soon. Looking forward to it now, I enjoyed Human Revolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Ardent

Saw Star Wars battlefront on Psn store last night for 9.99. Good deal or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Has anyone used a Revolut card with Press-Start? Payment was refused on the site for me.

It won't work, Revolut block the merchant press start use (Hi-Pay) for whatever reason

jaydrum22 wrote: »
    Hmv game credit working for anyone??

This is back working for Three users, got credit this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ardent wrote: »

For the standalone game, not a good deal. If it was the Ultimate Edition, it's worth a go. The graphics, sound etc are stunning, but the gameplay is dull and repetitive after a few hours. The online community is fairly dead from what I hear, and there's only bot matches for single player.

That said, if you're a Star Wars fan, go for it. You'll enjoy it a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

You'll have to pay for a season pass or buy all the DLC to get the full value of it. No single player campaign, all multiplayer, so at least some of the extra DLC will be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

There's a free x-wing VR mission with the vanilla version, supposed to be decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah, one of the most enjoyable multiplayer fps's I've played in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I never get the hate for Battlefront. It's a beautiful and fun, pick-up-and-play shooter that can be had for an insanely low price pretty much everywhere. It's far from perfect and even if you only get a couple of weeks out of it that's more than worth it for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I never get the hate for Battlefront. It's a beautiful and fun, pick-up-and-play shooter that can be had for an insanely low price pretty much everywhere. It's far from perfect and even if you only get a couple of weeks out of it that's more than worth it for the price.

I don't hate it but I paid full price for it at launch. It got old pretty quick and I moved on to Overwatch instead. I've not stopped playing Overwatch since and there's been loads of free updates and events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The main complaint is that it gets boring after a while, it's very repetitive.

It's worth a 10er for sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

great price for return to arkham.
    thoughts on headlander, beyond eyes, among the sleep, valley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great Sale, very tempted with:

LA Cops for €3
    Salt & Sanctuary - €9.30 (especially reading the PS blog during the week how the husband and wife duo made the game)
    Hotline Miami 2 - €3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Pure Pool is down to 7 euro.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    great price for return to arkham.
    thoughts on headlander, beyond eyes, among the sleep, valley?

Played some of those on Xbox.

Beyond eyes is ok but don't play in a pitch dark room or it will give you arc eye it's so bright. Also I know the character is blind but she moves annoyingly slowly.

Among the sleep was OK quick completion maybe 3-4 hours.

Valley I bought last year and haven't gotten around to starting yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Thinking about buying a PS4. Never owned a playstation before. Probably interested in:

Soccer game
    F1 game
    Call of Duty game
    GTA game
    Baseball game

Interested in:

1. which game I should get in each of these categories?
    2. what's the best deal on the console right now - i.e. would it make sense to try find a bundle with one of the above games? Or an extra controller
    3. Where should I get the games?
    4. Any must have games I'm missing?

Don't have a budget but figure it makes sense to ask here rather than take whatever the price is at the first place I walk into!

Apologies for being lazy in my research - would really appreciate any insight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You could get a second hand PS3 or Xbox 360 for a few euro and get the same games, lower quality graphics and heaps and heaps of older games to pick up cheap.

We'd have to know more about your gaming tastes to give any more recommendations, The Last of Us and Bloodborne are probably the two best PS Exclusives going, I'd start with a look into the gameplay of those two to see if they're what you'd like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

8-10 wrote: »
    Thinking about buying a PS4. Never owned a playstation before. Probably interested in:

Soccer game
    F1 game
    Call of Duty game
    GTA game
    Baseball game

Interested in:

2. what's the best deal on the console right now - i.e. would it make sense to try find a bundle with one of the above games? Or an extra controller

Don't have a budget but figure it makes sense to ask here rather than take whatever the price is at the first place I walk into!

F1 16 is on sale for the next 6 days. MLB The Show is the best baseball game and only available on PS4.
    Im sure you could get a bundle with COD
    Soccer game, Fifa is the biggest but PES is supposedly back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

irishman86 wrote: »
    F1 16 is on sale for the next 6 days. MLB The Show is the best baseball game and only available on PS4.
    Im sure you could get a bundle with COD
    Soccer game, Fifa is the biggest but PES is supposedly back

MLB The Show 2017 is out in a couple of weeks. The retro mode looks deadly. Either hold out for that or wait til 2016 goes back to €20 again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is Layers of Fear worth picking up? Thinking of picking up the full edition along with Soma from the current sale as a horror double bill for myself.

Is Layers of Fear worth picking up? Thinking of picking up the full edition along with Soma from the current sale as a horror double bill for myself.

I enjoyed both, Layers was a bit walking simlike

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

8-10 wrote: »

Soccer game
    F1 game
    Call of Duty game
    GTA game
    Baseball game

Interested in:

Have a look around the usual suspects; Argos, Smyths, Gamestop, Amazon. See who has the best deal to suit you. Get Playstation+ for €50 which allows you to play online and gives you monthly games. You can download F1 2016 for €23 if you have PS+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus only €5.99 for the Vita on the store at the moment. Not a shabby price for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Homefront: The Revolution £6.95 for the next 8 hours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement