Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Andrew76 wrote: »
    What do folks think about Firewatch (€9.99) and Oxenfree (€6.99) at those prices, worth it?

Firewatch is brilliant and perfect at that price. Gone Home is also essential. Both are better than Jounrey imo.

11590722.jpg

I think I mentioned before I played Oxenfree on Xbox , I enjoyed it but it's not for everyone.

Firewatch is pretty good but you need to make yourself aware of what it is. If you go in expecting a traditional game you'll be disappointed. It's more an interactive story.

Like others new to PS4 I'm reluctant to start another back log but can't turn my nose up at Last Of Us at that price especially as I was planning on getting it anyway. So that makes 5 games in the back log now, not counting PS Plus ones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Like others new to PS4 I'm reluctant to start another back log but can't turn my nose up at Last Of Us at that price especially as I was planning on getting it anyway. So that makes 5 games in the back log now, not counting PS Plus ones :D

Gonna grit my teeth and skip buying any more until I've at least finished Horizon. After my backlogs went crazy on Xbox and PC, I'm gonna stay disciplined (try to) with the PS4.

There's something nice about having less to choose from. Forces you to stick with a game until completion :)

Plus Last of Us will prob be even cheaper when I do get a chance to finally play it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Picked up God of War 3 remastered for $6/€4 on canadian store last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I finished Oxenfree a few weeks ago and enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

gimmick wrote: »
    I have never played any Final Fantasy games. Are they the type of game which need serious devotion of time or one where you can drop in and out of?

Haven't played a ff game since 12 I think it was but yes they take serious time, 80 odd hours a play trough much more if you get hooked like most ff7 fans will tell you, prob reason I don't play them any more can't put the time in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pro Evo 2017 for a tenner is a must-buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pro Evo 2017 for a tenner is a must-buy.

I don't even watch soccer but I always liked playing Fifa player career mode. I got fifa 17 as an xmas present but traded it in. The journey was crap and career mode just didn't grab me, games were as fun as previous games. I don't care about licenses, stadiums, player names, etc. but I keep hearing PES 2017 has better gameplay on the pitch. Is the player career mode any good on it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I don't even watch soccer but I always liked playing Fifa player career mode. I got fifa 17 as an xmas present but traded it in. The journey was crap and career mode just didn't grab me, games were as fun as previous games. I don't care about licenses, stadiums, player names, etc. but I keep hearing PES 2017 has better gameplay on the pitch. Is the player career mode any good on it?

I prefer the player career in PES than Fifa so thats the main reason I'm buying PES2017 tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

They're both really good games these days. They're slightly different and some people will love certain modes which are game specific. I know people who won't play anything but Master League, and the same for Ultimate Team.

Clubs is what I play these games for nowadays so whilst I've picked up the last couple of Pro Evo games on the cheap I've barely played them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Nailz wrote:
    The best soccer game since FIFA 12, get yourself a decent patch and you won't be disappointed.

What's the best patch atm? Is it handy to patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Omg ff 15 is such a good looking game in HDR :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,457 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

PES 2017 and Uncharted 4 for less than €30 combined, I gotta have it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Have been wanting to pick up the Uncharted Collection before diving back into Uncharted 4 and for 16 euro im delighted to finally get it.

You just reminded me I got this in January for 24,99€ but have not even start it yet :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Picked up Firewatch so far. PSN gave some error after buying it but money was taken. Was able to download the game after a few mins so be careful you don't try pay for something twice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Firewatch definitely a better choice than Oxenfree imo. The latter's alright with some interesting systems, particularly the conversation one. But I found actually playing the game - exploring the island - very tedious at times. The narrative gets too weighed down by paranormal and sci-fi goings-on too, when the much more grounded drama is the more interesting. Firewatch is much more focused and much more endearing in motion. Not without its problems, but plenty to like about it. Just make sure you use your disposal camera capacity wisely :)

Firewatch definitely a better choice than Oxenfree imo. The latter's alright with some interesting systems, particularly the conversation one. But I found actually playing the game - exploring the island - very tedious at times. The narrative gets too weighed down by paranormal and sci-fi goings-on too, when the much more grounded drama is the more interesting. Firewatch is much more focused and much more endearing in motion. Not without its problems, but plenty to like about it. Just make sure you use your disposal camera capacity wisely :)

Yeah there was some really annoying back tracking or long distances to cover in it. I quite liked the paranormal / sci-fi aspect to it myself. Though I said earlier it's not everyones cup of tea and oddly not usually mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Wow. Gravity Rush 2 down to under 30 already. Tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Ardent

Picked up Last Of Us and PES 2017 for 30 quid - awesome!

Is Uncharted 4 any good. Worth picking up also?

Do you like climbing, mediocre shooting and more climbing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Ardent

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Do you like climbing, mediocre shooting and more climbing?

Ha ha, you sell it well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Just spent 60€ on more games but cannot play them because I have work early tomorrow. I think I have develop an addiction....

HELP:o:o:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Wipeout 2048 is €2 on vita in the current sale. Seems like a no brainer for those with a vita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Ardent wrote: »
    Is Uncharted 4 any good. Worth picking up also?

it won Game of the year last year I think and I really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

DeSelby83 wrote:
    Wipeout 2048 is €2 on vita in the current sale. Seems like a no brainer for those with a vita

But I already buy enough games I accidentally forget I bought :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,480 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Skerries wrote: »
    it won Game of the year last year I think and I really enjoyed it

Playing through it now.

Unbelievable settings and characters but the experience feels a tad shallow after 4 games!

The shooting gallery bits get seriously old.

It's a beautiful game - just like the third one was. The story and acting are great just like the third one was. But it's so rinse and repeat and there's absolutely nothing below the surface. No message, no hidden depth to the gameplay. We've seen it all before.

I find it so hard to think that Uncharted 3 & 4 came from the same studio who created The last of Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Ratchet and Clank for 16.49,had to be nabbed,ive heard nothing but good stuff about it and the ps4 pro upgrade on it is meant to be excellent..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

The last of us remastered for 15 quid...sweeet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

The last of us remastered for 15 quid...sweeet

I cant believe there are ps4 owners that still havent played that.. Essential stuff..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement