Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I cant believe there are ps4 owners that still havent played that.. Essential stuff..

I started it recently, life got in the way :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Can't get it anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

bigphil2 wrote:
    I cant believe there are ps4 owners that still havent played that.. Essential stuff..

Actually bought my PS4 with TLOU bundle. Traded it in but have the bug again now after the sequel was announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Actually bought my PS4 with TLOU bundle. Traded it in but have the bug again now after the sequel was announced.

Same here, bought the bundle December 2014, still have TLOU wrapped in the plastic :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It's a beautiful game - just like the third one was. The story and acting are great just like the third one was. But it's so rinse and repeat and there's absolutely nothing below the surface. No message, no hidden depth to the gameplay. We've seen it all before.

I find it so hard to think that Uncharted 3 & 4 came from the same studio who created The last of Us.

I never played 1 - 3 so found 4 to be pretty enjoyable but the gun play is pretty poor and the game is very shallow, I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has played through all 3 prequels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I never played 1 - 3 so found 4 to be pretty enjoyable but the gun play is pretty poor and the game is very shallow, I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has played through all 3 prequels.

The end of 4 couldn't come quick enough for me. After the wow factor of firing it up on my new tv and pro wore off there was nothing left in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

weiland79 wrote: »
    The end of 4 couldn't come quick enough for me. After the wow factor of firing it up on my new tv and pro wore off there was nothing left in it.

*************SPOILER ALERT***************
    That walk along the beach and looking through the artefacts took forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I'm not getting the hate for uncharted 4 lads. I thought they implemented what they learned from TLOU into it quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm not getting the hate for uncharted 4 lads. I thought they implemented what they learned from TLOU into it quite well.

They did, but in doing so made Uncharted 4 feel more like TLoU than an Uncharted game. Felt the stealth sections in U4 were out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Think i'll have to bite at Gravity Rush 2 even though i haven't finished the first one.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd buy it again just for an excuse to give Naughty Dog money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I call them the lucky ones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ItsHoggie wrote:
    I call them the lucky ones..

I sort of agree. It's a fantastic game but I don't think I enjoyed it exactly. It's stressful and so emotionally draining, I had to build myself up to playing it.

fixxxer wrote: »
    I sort of agree. It's a fantastic game but I don't think I enjoyed it exactly. It's stressful and so emotionally draining, I had to build myself up to playing it.

I meant they're lucky cause they'll get to experience for the first time, something I wish I could go back and do :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I lent my copy of The Last of Us to a friend at Christmas 2015. He's not even played it yet :( I'm tempted to re-buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I meant they're lucky cause they'll get to experience for the first time, something I wish I could go back and do :pac:

Haha, I thought you were saying they were lucky they hadn't played it because it was shíte…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ItsHoggie wrote:
    I meant they're lucky cause they'll get to experience for the first time, something I wish I could go back and do

Ah... Right ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I lent my copy of The Last of Us to a friend at Christmas 2015. He's not even played it yet :( I'm tempted to re-buy.

or ask your mate to return it :confused:

• Advertisement

Haha, I thought you were saying they were lucky they hadn't played it because it was shíte…

Ahh jaysus no! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

mrcheez wrote: »
    or ask your mate to return it :confused:

I'm English, that's far too socially awkward a conversation for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Beefy78 wrote:

Here's how it goes: "You know that game i loaned you? Well I want it back now, or you can give me the money I paid for it".

Job done 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

"Hello Old Chap it's Beefy, I'm frightfully sorry but would you be ever so pip as to retrieve that copy of The Last of Us one left in your keeping in the Year of Our Lord 2015?"

Too much? :pac:

"Hello Old Chap it's Beefy, I'm frightfully sorry but would you be ever so pip as to retrieve that copy of The Last of Us one left in your keeping in the Year of Our Lord 2015?"

Too much? :pac:

I could hear the accent in my head as I read that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Have never played TLOU, brief synopsis / comparative games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just watch a playthrough or read the plot synopsis on wikipedia no? The writing and acting tell a good story, which is where the game is, indisputably, fantastic. The gameplay is fairly shocking and not worth talking about. IMO you wouldn't miss too much watching a quiet youtuber playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Just watch a playthrough or read the plot synopsis on wikipedia no? The writing and acting tell a good story, which is where the game is, indisputably, fantastic. The gameplay is fairly shocking and not worth talking about. IMO you wouldn't miss too much watching a quiet youtuber playing it.

"Fairly shocking" is hyperbolic. Its gameplay is minimalistic but incredibly visceral. Also advising someone to watch a let's play of one of the highest rated games ever is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

"Fairly shocking" is hyperbolic. Its gameplay is minimalistic but incredibly visceral. Also advising someone to watch a let's play of one of the highest rated games ever is crazy.

I didn't enjoy it, i know its very highly rated so I try not to knock it. But I presumed the poster may not have a PS4, and it's not worth buying one for.

I would agree, if you've a PS3/4 it's worth picking up, like it or not it shouldn't be passed over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I loved the gameplay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement