Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

chrislad wrote: »
    Destiny is the discount today. 69.99 for the Guardians Edition, and 44.99 for the Standard Edition on both PS3 and PS4. Vita gets Tekken X Streetfighter for 8.99.

That discount on Destiny is pretty awful :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

AGoodison wrote: »

Yeah it's pity bad. I'm still gonna wait for a GOTY version, and when it drops to at least €20, so in about 5 years time.

Yeah it's pity bad. I'm still gonna wait for a GOTY version, and when it drops to at least €20, so in about 5 years time.

I bought it off the US store for 49 euro on release. Finished the story and for me I just couldn't get into it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I bought it off the US store for 49 euro on release. Finished the story and for me I just couldn't get into it after that.

I'm sure you've already heard and know this but the story is rubbish and the game only really starts getting interesting past level 20 which isnt ideal but its the truth.

Think the story is what about 10 hours? Cant remember but its all the multiplayer and strikes etc that the game starts to come into its own after this.

I currently have just over 70 hours invested. I'll definately hit 100 hours and more. Theres lads over on the Destiny thread with 200+ hours in it!

I can promise you it does get very addictive. That said if it werent bungie at the helm I'd probably have given up after the story like yourself. Glad I stuck with it now though. My favourite shooter since Halo 3.

Anyway back on topic the Destiny discount is terrible! Better off getting a physical copy on Amazon.

And Street Fighter X Tekken for Vita for €8.99... was that not free on PS plus recently?

I'm sure you've already heard and know this but the story is rubbish and the game only really starts getting interesting past level 20 which isnt ideal but its the truth.

Think the story is what about 10 hours? Cant remember but its all the multiplayer and strikes etc that the game starts to come into its own after this.

I currently have just over 70 hours invested. I'll definately hit 100 hours and more. Theres lads over on the Destiny thread with 200+ hours in it!

I can promise you it does get very addictive. That said if it werent bungie at the helm I'd probably have given up after the story like yourself. Glad I stuck with it now though. My favourite shooter since Halo 3.

Anyway back on topic the Destiny discount is terrible! Better off getting a physical copy on Amazon.

And Street Fighter X Tekken for Vita for €8.99... was that not free on PS plus recently?

What do you normally do on Destiny, the PvP, raids or strikes? I just found it hard to stay interested but maybe it's picked up since I last played it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It is. I picked up Destiny, Tomb Raider and Thief second hand for about 55e, so this isn't a particularly great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What do you normally do on Destiny, the PvP, raids or strikes? I just found it hard to stay interested but maybe it's picked up since I last played it.

My stats so far:

Story: 12 hours
    Strikes: 14 hours
    PVP(multiplayer): 34 hours
    Patrol: (used for farming items to level up character): 10hours

I havent done a raid yet as I've only reached level 27 in the past few days. You can do them from level 26 I think but realistically they'd be very hard so being level 27/28 would be better. Also I need to have a couple of hours in a row for one which I dont get uninterupted very often with a young family.

I wouldnt say its necessarily picked up since you last played it but I got dragged in over time. Played a lot of pvp and then started playing strikes with some of the other boards players. Actually I think thats key here. Making contacts so that when you go online your getting invited to a strike or you join in with others. Its rare I go online and there isnt a few boards players online that I can join in with.

Anyway if you give it another go good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Anyone with a link for the upcoming deals as part the Xmas 12 day deals ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Eldoco wrote: »
    Anyone with a link for the upcoming deals as part the Xmas 12 day deals ?

You only find out about them about half an hour before they go live. The next one is Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

tkd93 wrote: »

and the last of us all out of stock so you cant make up the bundle, thats twice now theyve done that.

Great deals, but you dare and get it.

and the last of us all out of stock so you cant make up the bundle, thats twice now theyve done that.

Great deals, but you dare and get it.

A chap on the bargains forum got the ps4, gta and far cry and they gave him a receipt to pick up TLOU when it comes in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

A chap on the bargains forum got the ps4, gta and far cry and they gave him a receipt to pick up TLOU when it comes in stock.

Jesus competent argos workers, wtf?

I was made go home, sit at my laptop for a hour rechecking tlou stock until it came back in, (an unclaimed reservation) then travel an hour in and out to argos again before i got my bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

tkd93 wrote: »

That's come flippin' deal. Games surely worth at least €130 alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think Alien is going for close to that in shops now as it is?

PS4:

Alien: Isolation
    Was €69.99/£54.99/AU$99.95, now €34.99/£24.99/AU$47.95
    PS3:

Was €49.99/£39.99/AU$69.95, now €24.99/£19.99/AU$29.95
    PS4/PS3:

Alien: Isolation Season Pass
    Was €24.99/£19.99/AU$37.95, now €16.99/£13.99/AU$25.95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, not a great deal at all. At one stage I'm sure Amazon had the PS4 version at around £26.

Yeah, not a great deal at all. At one stage I'm sure Amazon had the PS4 version at around £26.

Not too bad a deal for the PS3 version. Tempted to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think Alien is going for close to that in shops now as it is?

PS4:

Was €69.99/£54.99/AU$99.95, now €34.99/£24.99/AU$47.95
    PS3:

Was €49.99/£39.99/AU$69.95, now €24.99/£19.99/AU$29.95
    PS4/PS3:

Alien: Isolation Season Pass
    Was €24.99/£19.99/AU$37.95, now €16.99/£13.99/AU$25.95

Yup, Smyths have it for 35. I think I got it for about 26 in the US store a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Sly Racoon PS3 trilogy $4.49 on gamedealdaily.com currently

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thomas was alone, free on PS4 now.

Edit: I'm assuming it's free as a cross buy, so if you got it in the IGC previously, it is free now on PS4.
    If you didn't get it in the IGC, I doubt it will be free for you.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Thomas was alone, free on PS4 now.

Edit: I'm assuming it's free as a cross buy, so if you got it in the IGC previously, it is free now on PS4.
    If you didn't get it in the IGC, I doubt it will be free for you.

Showing up as 7.99 for me...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Showing up as 7.99 for me...

Did you get it in the IGC previously?

It was €7.99 for me too until I put it into my basket and it showed up as free.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you get it in the IGC previously?

It was €7.99 for me too until I put it into my basket and it showed up as free.

Ohh I didn't see the IGC part, so if I didn't get it in the IGC it isn't free then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I remember playing the ps plus version on vita and it says €7.99 for me

I'm thinking off picking up either Alien Isolation or The Evil Within for the PS3 as they are some good deals on both these games at the moment. Which would people recommend?

I'm thinking off picking up either Alien Isolation or The Evil Within for the PS3 as they are some good deals on both these games at the moment. Which would people recommend?

I posted a link for The Evil Within Limited Edition for 28euro a page or so back... I think Alien Isolation is also on sale in the PS Store that deal is above my post afaik...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm playing through Alien: Isolation at the moment, and would definitely recommend it if the concept grabs you. Its biggest problem is the pacing is rather off and there's plenty of repetition. But, while I'd consider those fatal flaws in other games (coughdestinycough) Isolation's high points more than make up for the shortcomings. Mostly, the Xenomorph is ****ing terrifying. I had long feared James Cameron had killed one of cinema's great monsters forever by making it cannon fodder in Aliens. It has taken a game to make the alein truly frightening again, and the edgy, unpredictable atmosphere in Isolation is a masterwork of design. Outside that, it's System/Bioshock by way of Dead Space, but with less of a focus on combat. It works, but it's the alien that makes it.

I'm playing through Alien: Isolation at the moment, and would definitely recommend it if the concept grabs you. Its biggest problem is the pacing is rather off and there's plenty of repetition. But, while I'd consider those fatal flaws in other games (coughdestinycough) Isolation's high points more than make up for the shortcomings. Mostly, the Xenomorph is ****ing terrifying. I had long feared James Cameron had killed one of cinema's great monsters forever by making it cannon fodder in Aliens. It has taken a game to make the alein truly frightening again, and the edgy, unpredictable atmosphere in Isolation is a masterwork of design. Outside that, it's System/Bioshock by way of Dead Space, but with less of a focus on combat. It works, but it's the alien that makes it.

Yeah, I think that's me sold. I think I'll pick it up on the PS Store this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think Alien might be my favourite game of the year. I thought the pacing for the most part was solid.

Only two complaints would be there are 1 or 2 sections which are just really slow and there doesn't seem to be any reason why they should be. You'll know them if you've played the game.

The second is the final chapter which is just frustrating really and ends on a really disappointing note.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement