Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Have the Witness and Wasteland 2 sitting in my basket..Just sitting there..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Whats everyone getting 10 euros for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

irishman86 wrote: »
    Whats everyone getting 10 euros for ?

If you spent 50 euros or over in March, you got 10 euros back to spend in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

bigphil2 wrote: »

Leave The Witness there imo. Couldn't stand that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

fixxxer wrote: »
    Leave The Witness there imo. Couldn't stand that game.

I loved the Witness. Just endless puzzles, lots of fun.

Definitely could have used some narration or a general hint where you should go next though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Definitely could have used some narration or a general hint where you should go next though...

Although I can see where the complaint is coming from, one of the primary reasons I loved The Witness was its total lack of hints, brilliantly rigorous design. Although it's generous and gentle with advice compared to Stephen's Sausage Roll ;)

I'd also argue there is narration, just requires LOTS of digging to get to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Although I can see where the complaint is coming from, one of the primary reasons I loved The Witness was its total lack of hints, brilliantly rigorous design. Although it's generous and gentle with advice compared to Stephen's Sausage Roll ;)

I'd also argue there is narration, just requires LOTS of digging to get to it :)

That is true tbf! I found myself wandering into some puzzles that I found extremely difficult. Little did I realise that I had skipped the earlier versions of these which would teach me the skills.

The only real issue I would have with the game is
    the audio puzzles - the chirping birds, etc. It just didn't come through clearly IMO and made them a little more difficult than they should have been.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah those puzzles were probably my least favourite set, although did illustrate the commitment to explore pretty much every type of puzzle type they could come up with. Audio ones seem to be most divisive lot though!

If you haven't seen it, NoClip recently put up a thorough 45-minute documentary about Jonathan Blow and the game. Well worth a watch if you've played it (wouldn't recommend to anyone who hasn't - and indeed there's a warning at the start to that effect!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone get their €10 from psn yet?

Still waiting on mine

Partially wanting to watch that Doc was my reason for ordering it,ive seen some ealry stage play and i know ill enjoy it (ie:hop a controller off the wall at times)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    Still waiting on mine

I still don't even have an email acknowledging that I am getting it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Was reading the T&C's regarding the €10 cash back, it says the "“Voucher Code Expiry Date” is April the 30th does that mean I've until then to spend the €10 or have to redeem it by then?.

Check your spam, mine was in there about a week ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The €10 is only valid for april was my understanding,use it or lose it type of deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Check your spam, mine was in there about a week ago.

Yeah I already checked and nothing do you get notified by PSN message when it's ready? I believe I may have changed email address on the account back in thePS3 days I forget..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got the email but no notification on the PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah I already checked and nothing do you get notified by PSN message when it's ready? I believe I may have changed email address on the account back in thePS3 days I forget..

Yeah, when I turned on my PS4 on Tuesday I got a notification saying "Wallet Top Up"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Was reading the T&C's regarding the €10 cash back, it says the "“Voucher Code Expiry Date” is April the 30th does that mean I've until then to spend the €10 or have to redeem it by then?.

Just saw them tweet about this
    Once the money is in your account wallet, it will not expire ^CD

Just has to be redeemed by end of April it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭New Goat

Couldn't resist tomb raider anniversary edition at 25 euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

New Goat wrote: »
    Couldn't resist tomb raider anniversary edition at 25 euros

Yeah I was looking at that. Was it ever cheaper?

Picked up Batman for €20 as I played the previous 2 on PS3. Looking forward to it

It seems there's a delay on some accounts getting the €10 top up..

https://twitter.com/AskPS_UK/status/850303020357255170

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Used my voucher to get the Aqua Utopia game, in many ways it resembles Waverace 64 apart from the fact that it sucks.

Wasted my voucher.

Used my voucher to get the Aqua Utopia game, in many ways it resembles Waverace 64 apart from the fact that it sucks.

Wasted my voucher.

Bad times..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Dragon Age™: Inquisition - Game of the Year Edition for €8.99 is a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Bought the last of us remastered for EUR15.49

Have played an hour or so of this and it's kind of meh. It's a good looking game but I find it boring. Not as entertaining as the Uncharted games. Does it get better? I guess I was expecting a lot with the reviews it received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have played an hour or so of this and it's kind of meh. It's a good looking game but I find it boring. Not as entertaining as the Uncharted games. Does it get better? I guess I was expecting a lot with the reviews it received.

It opens up a bit more as you get a few new weapons and stuff but that's about it from what i recall. The story obviously comes along nicely but the core gameplay is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

An hour isn't going to give you much of the flavour of the game. Iirc, you wouldn't have even met Ellie at this stage. The game is all about their relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

The 95 on Metacritic were based on more than just one hour gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevo757

Need to renew my ps plus....any deals making the rounds on it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement