Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's strange, the only game version is the season pass edition for 70 quid. I wonder will there be a cheaper base version released or will the season pass be free for a limited time, very weird.

Sounds normal, the season pass comes free with launch copies atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sounds normal, the season pass comes free with launch copies atm.

Never heard of that before, great incentive on launch games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is a glitchy mess judging by reviews i've watched. You might want to hold off for a few patches maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Picked this up in Argos today for only €13, it's great for using Netflix etc. Without having to waste the battery in my controller.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=Ps4+remote&authToken=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New Sale on Irish PSN store https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date
    Also games on Easter sale are still active until midnight tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition for €15.99 (wish PS+) seems like great value - it comes with all the DLC and maps right?

Fallout 4 pre owned is a tenner in Smyths, not much stock in places though.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/preplayed/preplayed-fallout-4-ps4/p/148834

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dirty rally is class for 20 quid before it goes back up, serious racer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So on Tuesday morning I tried to send a text from my phone, wouldn't work even though I have free texts and free net with 3.. I had credit remaining also even though I used credit to buy a 20euro PSN so I had like 1euro left.. Then on way home at about 7pm checked my balance to see if using Internet in the North was wasting credit (it wasn't) turns out however 3 must have compensated me 25euro credit or something so I was like happy days used that credit to buy another 20euro PSN code with no issues..

Then this morning contacted playstation UK again on twitter having been trying to sort out my bonus with them for a week and mentioned it still wasn't in the bumped me up got to live support where they passed on info and few hours later I got my 10euro code via email..

Now I've 72euro which I built up from 3 credit and pretty much a free ASAP title which I will probably buy Tekken with..

Just to inform people it's a good idea to join 3 pre pay you pay 20euro a month get unlimited 3 to 3 calls, unlimited texts and unlimited data.. After you top up you can go to buygamecredit and top that account with the credit which will still remain in your account... Then once you have 20.49 in your wallet account there you get a 20 PSN code.. Sometimes the site may have issues but it's been totally worth it for me so much free stuff I'm getting with it and having unlimited data is great for where I live (broadband connection is 5mb and I get 50mb on my hotspot).. I use my phone for hotspot for PS4 as well sometimes it may have issues which is expected I suppose but totally worth it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

So on Tuesday morning I tried to send a text from my phone, wouldn't work even though I have free texts and free net with 3.. I had credit remaining also even though I used credit to buy a 20euro PSN so I had like 1euro left.. Then on way home at about 7pm checked my balance to see if using Internet in the North was wasting credit (it wasn't) turns out however 3 must have compensated me 25euro credit or something so I was like happy days used that credit to buy another 20euro PSN code with no issues..

Then this morning contacted playstation UK again on twitter having been trying to sort out my bonus with them for a week and mentioned it still wasn't in the bumped me up got to live support where they passed on info and few hours later I got my 10euro code via email..

Now I've 72euro which I built up from 3 credit and pretty much a free ASAP title which I will probably buy Tekken with..

Just to inform people it's a good idea to join 3 pre pay you pay 20euro a month get unlimited 3 to 3 calls, unlimited texts and unlimited data.. After you top up you can go to buygamecredit and top that account with the credit which will still remain in your account... Then once you have 20.49 in your wallet account there you get a 20 PSN code.. Sometimes the site may have issues but it's been totally worth it for me so much free stuff I'm getting with it and having unlimited data is great for where I live (broadband connection is 5mb and I get 50mb on my hotspot).. I use my phone for hotspot for PS4 as well sometimes it may have issues which is expected I suppose but totally worth it..

That is actually brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Damn if I hadn't had such bad experiences with 3 I'd be very tempted to swap back to them for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Can you use your credit like for anything else? Paying bills and the like. A friend has a load of credit on their phone through this 3 deal but they don't game at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can you use your credit like for anything else? Paying bills and the like. A friend has a load of credit on their phone through this 3 deal but they don't game at all.

Only other thing I know of is the Google Play store, you can spend it there too on apps/movies etc.

Been using buygamecredit for ages now, it's great!

maximoose wrote: »
    Only other thing I know of is the Google Play store, you can spend it there too on apps/movies etc.

Been using buygamecredit for ages now, it's great!

Cheers, wouldn't really be of interest to them either unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Get them to spend it on your PSN ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

offer them say 70% cash for the credit? better than nothing for them

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

WarZoneBrother, do you buy 2 x 10 pound gift cards?

So when you top up by €20 and get your deal/bundle do 3 not take that €20?.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    So when you top up by €20 and get your deal/bundle do 3 not take that €20?.

No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

So when you top up by ?20 and get your deal/bundle do 3 not take that ?20?.

It does take the 20, it also charges you 49 cent for the transaction. If you regularly ring other networks probably not worth it. I only use messenger to call people so its perfect for me

• Advertisement

Brozy wrote: »
    WarZoneBrother, do you buy 2 x 10 pound gift cards?

I don't know what you mean here... I bought 2 x 20euro PSN Cards using the credit I put into my account (One transaction of 20euro and also had few euro left) so when I text PS PHONE 20 to the correct number from BGC 20.49euro worth of credit was removed...

Then a few days later 3 compensated me so I was able to purchase another 20euro PSN using 20.49euro that was in my card...
    So when you top up by ?20 and get your deal/bundle do 3 not take that ?20?.

Basically you top up by 20euro a month, that credit is not removed from your account it still remains... So then you can use BGC to transfer your credit to wallet there... Then from there you can buy PSN Codes etc... It also has Xbox Codes and Full Games but the full games are only xbox and are a rip off...

The terms have changed slightly so now the free stuff lasts only 28 days compared to previously lasting 31 days I think they also removed weekend calls but neither of that bothers me.. When I signed up and bought my new phone I also managed to get some bonus credit for switching and was able to use that to buy PSN Codes too, so basically I have spent less money on credit than I have redeemed PSN Codes from BGC... :p

So lets say I have paid maybe 100euro in Credit whereas out of that (because of the bonus I have been getting) I probably got to buy like 160euro worth of PSN Codes

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

I don't know what you mean here... I bought 2 x 20euro PSN Cards using the credit I put into my account (One transaction of 20euro and also had few euro left) so when I text PS PHONE 20 to the correct number from BGC 20.49euro worth of credit was removed..

Sorry, I went to UK version of that website you mentioned and only saw 5 and 10 pound PSN cards. Thanks again for the heads up, rarely spend any of my credit and with a long list of old titles I want of pick up, this should come in handy every month.

Got a 30% off Mass Effect Andromeda coupon for psn if anyone is interested.
    Edit: Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I just received a 30% Mass Effect Andromeda coupon for psn in the mail also if anyone wants it. I took the plunge today.

Brozy wrote: »
    Sorry, I went to UK version of that website you mentioned and only saw 5 and 10 pound PSN cards. Thanks again for the heads up, rarely spend any of my credit and with a long list of old titles I want of pick up, this should come in handy every month.

Yeah I think not enough people know about this.. A stickied thread regarding credit left over or something towards that lines I feel would be beneficial to us all.. Not sure what other people would think about that but a Buygamecredit post on both xbox on playstation forums would clearly make a lot of people happy... It also works with Vodafone network

Amazon discount codes for video games, can be used on preorders.

Save £20.00 when you spend £150.00 or more on Video Games offered by Amazon.co.uk. Enter code VG20OFF150 at checkout.

Save £10.00 when you spend £75.00 or more on Video Games offered by Amazon.co.uk. Enter code VG10OFF75 at checkout.

Save £5.00 when you spend £40.00 or more on Video Games offered by Amazon.co.uk. Enter code VG5OFF40 at checkout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Why were you entitled to a 10 euro code?

EireLemon wrote: »
    Why were you entitled to a 10 euro code?

For spending €50 last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

On twitter they say the credit have no expiry once redeemed before 30-apr 23,59pm but the t&cs read like credit expires that date too if not used and i am struggling to find anything on store that i want. Does anyone know for sure which it is ?

• Advertisement

NikoTopps wrote: »
    On twitter they say the credit have no expiry once redeemed before 30-apr 23,59pm but the t&cs read like credit expires that date too if not used and i am struggling to find anything on store that i want. Does anyone know for sure which it is ?

Somebody posted a tweet before where someone asked the PlayStation Support page about that and they said once the credit is in your account it won't be taken. But you never know tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement