Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Thanks to posters who shared Buygamecredit. I joined 3 last year and have built up over 150 in credit. Great way to spend it. Feels like you're getting to spend the same 20 euro twice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Somebody posted a tweet before where someone asked the PlayStation Support page about that and they said once the credit is in your account it won't be taken. But you never know tbh.

They were right! 1-may now and credit is still there. Phew! Happy about that:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Thanks to posters who shared Buygamecredit. I joined 3 last year and have built up over 150 in credit. Great way to spend it. Feels like you're getting to spend the same 20 euro twice. :D

I was the same :D secret games my wife doesnt need to know about :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Just added up my top ups to see.

I've topped up my PSN by €195 in 1.5 years, cashing out my credit before Three takes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just switched over to Three today and the site is out of PSN Cards :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just switched over to Three today and the site is out of PSN Cards :pac:

Topping up with Three has changed to every 28 days btw. Once your "month" is up and you happen to use any data, consider your credit gone.
    Better to top up and cash out in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

sugarman wrote: »
    Its even sweeter for me, I ported to 3 about 6 or 7 years ago and I get an additional ?10 bonus credit with every ?20 top up for life.

Myself and the missus got golden sims when O2 where handing then out so we got free texts and calls to O2 for life. When they merged with 3 we got free 3 texts and calls. Sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I have gotten ?100 PSN Credit from BGC since 22nd of Feb :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

sugarman wrote: »
    Its even sweeter for me, I ported to 3 about 6 or 7 years ago and I get an additional ?10 bonus credit with every ?20 top up for life.

Yup in that boat two, pretty sweet always having that bonus credit. Pain in the arse buying a flagship phone though on PAYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Amazon's 20% off selected Warehouse items is back on

1TB Ultimate Player Edition - £170
    Nacon Pro Controller - £49

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

maximoose wrote: »

1TB Ultimate Player Edition - ?170
    Nacon Pro Controller - ?49

Within that deal, I found these powerlines for anyone interested: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerline-Homeplug-Internet-Ethernet-Technology/dp/B00C5IA4XI/ref=sr_1_178?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1493801994&sr=8-178

1TB Ultimate Player Edition - £170
    Nacon Pro Controller - £49

Got my PS4 a few weeks ago through the Warehouse. Saved a fortune and it was absolutely perfect. Recommend the service totally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hmm PSVR not listed although you can get it for £277 from Warehouse as "Very Good"

Would this be practically unused, or is that only "Like New" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Got my PS4 a few weeks ago through the Warehouse. Saved a fortune and it was absolutely perfect. Recommend the service totally.

Yup, got my Gold headset from the warehouse. Condition was "used, like new", but they had never been opened and the only thing wrong was the box was dented slightly. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm PSVR not listed although you can get it for ?277 from Warehouse as "Very Good"

There is one that is "Used - Good" from Amazon for £262

Description is - "Item in original packaging. Packaging will have cosmetic damage. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy"

I would take this to be unused, box defect

Wtf is going on with boards and currency symbols lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Gem of a game on PSN sale now darkest dungeon 13 euro

It's a 2d turn based dungeon crawler where you can level up your town and heros, lots of classes etc. etc.

All regular fare I hear you say but the novelty is as you need to lvl up your main heros to attempt more challenging dungeons, they will refuse to do lower lvl dungeons as there lvl rises to stop you farming easy dungeons.
    They also gain illnesses ailments that need treatment, and best of all stress which continues from dungeon to dungeon.

Honestly I'm not doing a great job describing it just look up a review of it great gem of a game.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm PSVR not listed although you can get it for £277 from Warehouse as "Very Good"

Mine had said Used - Good but I don't think it had ever been opened, it certainly didn't look like it had. The outer cardboard sleeve was missing so it only came in the white corrugated cardboard box but it was absolutely perfect besides that. Everything was still in its original packaging inside and all the leads were still bound up with the black plastic twine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

There is one that is "Used - Good" from Amazon for £262

Description is - "Item in original packaging. Packaging will have cosmetic damage. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy"

I would take this to be unused, box defect

cool
    Wtf is going on with boards and currency symbols lately?

Bug on the system for a few months... you have to edit the post after adding it to change the symbols back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

£91.61 for an Asus DSL AC-68U modem/router is an extremely good deal. Fantastic router with a usb port for a network drive, normally costs €210.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-DSL-AC68U-Dual-Band-Wireless-Gigabit/dp/B00O27PHGY/ref=sr_1_39?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1493806153&sr=1-39

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Hi folks,
    I'm new to PS4, well looking to buy this as a present for girls who are in to Minecraft etc. I'd also need an extra controller as the present is for two of them! Should I be looking at 1TB or 500GB will do? What's the best place to buy ? I see in the previous posts that the price went as low as €200. I'm not in rush, need it by the end of June so I can wait if it worth....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

How does that work? I just don't get it?

bbari wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I'm new to PS4, well looking to buy this as a present for girls who are in to Minecraft etc. I'd also need an extra controller as the present is for two of them! Should I be looking at 1TB or 500GB will do? What's the best place to buy ? I see in the previous posts that the price went as low as €200. I'm not in rush, need it by the end of June so I can wait if it worth....

Go on to Amazon Warehouse Deals - they are doing 20% off on certain items. If it's for your kids, I don't think it's going to be a huge issue whether you get 500GB or 1TB unless you know you are going to be downloading a lot of games. Actually, I think you hook up an external HD now so it's not really a huge issue (maybe someone can clarify that for you). Some of the consoles on there come with the likes of the Lego games which your girls might like as well. Not sure how long that 20% is on for so it might be worth picking up soon if you have the money lying around.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    How does that work? I just don't get it?

Basically you sign up to the BGC site, then you use your phone number to top up wallet on that site... You can add wallet values of 5, 10, 15 and 20 I believe so when you decide which one you want you buy it by entering your number where prompted and confirming it via a message that will be sent...

Easy site to use... Then once you have 20.49euro in your wallet you can buy a 20euro PSN card, alternatively you can use 20.49euro if it's currently on your 3 account to buy by texting PS20 PHONE to such a number... All is explained on the site pretty much..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

bbari wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Not too many warehouse deals around at the moment. Also a lot of the bundles have over 18s games which may not be suitable for younger kids

There is this refurbed 500gb version for £199 which is not a bad deal at all. Free delivery and shipped from Amazon

Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console - Black Graded (Certified Refurbished)

Wouldn't worry about the storage until you actually fill the HD and then as mentioned above you can simply add a cheaper external drive if necessary.

Not too many warehouse deals around at the moment. Also a lot of the bundles have over 18s games which may not be suitable for younger kids

There is this refurbed 500gb version for £199 which is not a bad deal at all. Free delivery and shipped from Amazon

Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console - Black Graded (Certified Refurbished)

Wouldn't worry about the storage until you actually fill the HD and then as mentioned above you can simply add a cheaper external drive if necessary.

Here's a 1TB PS4 with Lego Star Wars:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Console-LEGO-Star/dp/B01MQ66JYD/ref=sr_1_5?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1493831350&sr=8-5&keywords=playstation+4+1tbhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Console-LEGO-Star/dp/B01MQ66JYD/ref=sr_1_5?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1493831350&sr=8-5&keywords=playstation+4+1tb

Basically you sign up to the BGC site, then you use your phone number to top up wallet on that site...

But where is the free? You are spending your credit, which you have to pay for?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    But where is the free? You are spending your credit, which you have to pay for?

When you top up by 20euro you get Free Data, Free Texts, Free 3 to 3 calls... As I don't really need anything else it's perfect for me to use the 20euro to buy games credit...

When you top up by 20euro you get Free Data, Free Texts, Free 3 to 3 calls... As I don't really need anything else it's perfect for me to use the 20euro to buy games credit...

Ah, finally get it. Genius!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Its for girls who are 8 and 10. It'd be great if i can get bundle with Minecraft and a controller :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I used to wait two days till I used my credit before I topped up again. To think I could have been doing this, I love and hate you at the same time, you should have told us this years ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement