Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

tglynn wrote: »
    My PSN membership is up next month. Do any of the g2a work for Irish memberships/psn codes? tried electronicfirst but they told me it wouldn't work.

No, go to http://press-start.com . An Irish PS+ sub is €40.50 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

No, go to http://press-start.com . An Irish PS+ sub is €40.50 there.

Thanks. Currently out of stock. Do you know if they get them back in quickly?

tglynn wrote: »
    Thanks. Currently out of stock. Do you know if they get them back in quickly?

Should be back in soon, or you could buy the €50 voucher for €42.50 and use that to buy the sub on psn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Resident Evil 7 is £30 on Amazon at the moment. A bit cheaper than the €40 the PS Store is currently offering and you get it on disc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GVN0CQ6/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Resident Evil 7 is £30 on Amazon at the moment. A bit cheaper than the €40 the PS Store is currently offering and you get it on disc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GVN0CQ6/

Also €39.99 in Smyths, if you want it faster for a couple more euro. :)

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-4/playstation-4-games/resident-evil-7-biohazard-ps4/p/154092

Xbox One version is €34.99, I'd probably go for it immediately at that price, but I guess the PS4 version comes with the VR option that I'll never be able to afford. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Street fighter ctb is free to play till sunday on psn. Good laugh and a good fighter game. Was tricky enough to set up a online vs game between me and my mate. But hit battle lodge make sure all settings are the same and make a password.
    We struggled for 15 mins but git it in the end. The latout is weird on the menu which got us.
    Really enjoying it tho

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Also €39.99 in Smyths, if you want it faster for a couple more euro. :)

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-4/playstation-4-games/resident-evil-7-biohazard-ps4/p/154092

Xbox One version is €34.99, I'd probably go for it immediately at that price, but I guess the PS4 version comes with the VR option that I'll never be able to afford. :pac:

And now 37.99 in Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6512578/Trail/searchtext%3ERESIDENT+EVIL+7.htm

Very tempted at that price but I have 4 games I'm still working through, so I think I'll wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

There's a flash sale on on Can and US store .
    I was thinking of picking up Soma for €5 on the Can site. Has anyone played it and is it worth it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

There's a flash sale on on Can and US store . I was thinking of picking up Soma for €5 on the Can site. Has anyone played it and is it worth it ?

Yes, really liked it but it's got a lot of walking!

sweetie wrote: »
    Yes, really liked it but it's got a lot of walking!

I don't mind the walking, I thought Everybody's​gone to the rapture was good:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I don't mind the walking, I thought Everybody's​gone to the rapture was good

This is better. Pretty cool story too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Deus Ex down to £7.99 on Amazon

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Day One Edition (PS4)

Eur 9.42 at current rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Deus Ex down to £7.99 on Amazon

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Day One Edition (PS4)

Eur 9.42 at current rate.

It's €10 in Smyths at the moment. Went to get it in Blanchardstown but it was sold out. The secondhand copies are only €8 so picked up one of them. Picked up the Last Guardian secondhand for €20 there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Picked up the Order for 3.99 on candian store can't go wrong at that price even if it is really short and not great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Picked up the Order for 3.99 on candian store can't go wrong at that price even if it is really short and not great

Picked it up a few weeks ago on some sale on the US store, and even though I didn't get around to finishing it yet I was liking it a lot. Still probably the best looking game on PS4 as well.

Mad Max is €12.99 in Deal of the Week. Is it any good? Debating whether to pick up this at that price or get Darksiders Warmastered Edition in the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mad Max is €12.99 in Deal of the Week. Is it any good? Debating whether to pick up this at that price or get Darksiders Warmastered Edition in the sale.

Playing through it currently, it isn't bad at all tbh. It has nearly every open world trope there is, but it does them all very well. It's far more of a survival game than even Fallout 4 was. I'd recommend it at that price, then again I made the stupid decision of picking it up soon after release at nearly full-price, only to send it to the backlog while it's price dropped significantly since. :o

I'd go with Darksiders here, with Mad Max there is a decent game in there but it's insanely repetitive. After 3 or 4 hours you have pretty much seen everything the game has to offer then the 40 hour grindfest for completion begins. Even if you just focus on the main story it go old fast for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Where's the best place to buy 12months ps plus? Cheers for any help.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Where's the best place to buy 12months ps plus? Cheers for any help.

www.press-start.com. Out of stock atm, buy a €50 voucher code for €42.50 and buy it on psn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Where's the cheapest place to order another ps4 controller?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

I think shopto.net is the cheapest place for a dualshock at the min
    http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4DU10-dualshock-4-controller-black-v2

tonic wine wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place to order another ps4 controller?

Thanks.

You could try Amazon Warehouse Deals to see if you'll get it cheaper.

I'd go with Darksiders here, with Mad Max there is a decent game in there but it's insanely repetitive. After 3 or 4 hours you have pretty much seen everything the game has to offer then the 40 hour grindfest for completion begins. Even if you just focus on the main story it go old fast for me.

Actually found out that Darksiders Fury Collection with both remastered games is only €20 on the PS Store so going to go with that instead. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Indie flash sale on the store til Monday, all games on the list under a fiver. Any recommendations?

Guacamelee is 3 euro and I can't recommend it enough. After clearing it, i went straight into a 2nd playthrough on hard mode and got the platinum, absolutely brilliant game.

I'm tempted to get Another World for 2 quid for the sheer whiff of nostalgia.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/05/19/digital-flash-sale-on-playstation-store-this-weekend/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Indie flash sale on the store til Monday, all games on the list under a fiver. Any recommendations?

Guacamelee is 3 euro and I can't recommend it enough. After clearing it, i went straight into a 2nd playthrough on hard mode and got the platinum, absolutely brilliant game.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/05/19/digital-flash-sale-on-playstation-store-this-weekend/

Limbo, Brothers and Thomas Was Alone are all great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Limbo
    Mega Man Collection
    Rogue Legacy
    Terraria

Wouldn't be too pushed on the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Loads of those games have previously been on PS+ IIRC... Seems like an absolute awful attempt at a flash sale, considering what American and Canadian stores have to offer during their flash sales...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Loads of those games have previously been on PS+ IIRC... Seems like an absolute awful attempt at a flash sale, considering what American and Canadian stores have to offer during their flash sales...

Yeah hopefully this is s sign of things to come though with actual proper flash sales.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement