Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

Is terraria worth a punt for a fiver? I've heard it described as a 2d Minecraft, which would be a bit of a deal breaker. Don't know how accurate that is though

Is terraria worth a punt for a fiver? I've heard it described as a 2d Minecraft, which would be a bit of a deal breaker. Don't know how accurate that is though

It's got RPG elements too, bosses etc . I had fun with it getting gear and building to get bosses done. You don't have to be as creative as minecraft and if you follow the achievements/trophies you can get some mileage from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

A couple of decent bits in there that caught my eye

Madden 17, Rory McIlroy and NHL 17 10 quid each,

FIFA 17 €20

Borderlands Handsome Collection €13

Fallout 4 €20

Uncharted 1-3 €8 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Gravity rush remastered for 10 euros do I really need another game for the pile of digital shame ?.

As it's growing by the week !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

The Order: 1886 now £4.99 / €5.97 on Amazon

The Order: 1886 (PS4)

10817205-1401722137-221877.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The Order: 1886 now £4.99 / €5.97 on Amazon

The Order: 1886 (PS4)

10817205-1401722137-221877.jpg

I rented that game from Xtra vision when it came out. Its an easy platinum, but its only about 8-10 hours of gameplay. I wouldn't buy it. Its too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's only ?4.99 with Prime Membership. ?14.75 otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

It's only ?4.99 with Prime Membership. ?14.75 otherwise.

:confused:

I've always suspected this with Amazon Third Party Sellers, Ryanair style pricing tactics. Price low and then bump the price when you see a certain level of clicks coming in.

It was definitely 4.99 non-Prime when I posted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I rented that game from Xtra vision when it came out. Its an easy platinum, but its only about 8-10 hours of gameplay. I wouldn't buy it. Its too short.

Are you some sort of time traveller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Roar wrote: »
    A couple of decent bits in there that caught my eye

Madden 17, Rory McIlroy and NHL 17 10 quid each,

FIFA 17 ?20

Borderlands Handsome Collection ?13

Fallout 4 ?20

Uncharted 1-3 ?8 each

Grabbed NHL17! Nice one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

fixxxer wrote: »
    Are you some sort of time traveller?

?

Asks someone from the Emerald City :P

Its an old game now.

Here's a trophy guide,
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-order-1886-a/259693-order-1886-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Grabbed NHL17! Nice one!

Doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

callaway92 wrote:
    Doing the same

Let us know what you think of it
    Bought Madden 17. Even though a new one is out in 3 months I'm not too bothered. For a tenner I'll get my money's worth. Looking forward to remote play on the vita with it.
    Long download tho.....bout an hour for me to download the 9GB. The rest is about another 2ish hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Just bought Rory McIlroy Golf for €7 on the Playstation Store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Bought Chivalry and Payday 2 for a combined total of €19.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I have prime and can't see the order for 4.99. Must be sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is NHL 17 good haven't played one of them in years but for a tenner I'd give it a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is NHL 17 good haven't played one of them in years but for a tenner I'd give it a go

Was very tempted when it was in the last sale, I know nothing about hockey except for mighty ducks but you can't really go wrong for a tenner. Is there fighting like the old NHL games on the mega drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Was very tempted when it was in the last sale, I know nothing about hockey except for mighty ducks but you can't really go wrong for a tenner. Is there fighting like the old NHL games on the mega drive?

Same reason I was thinking about picking it up :pac:

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Let us know what you think of it
    Bought Madden 17. Even though a new one is out in 3 months I'm not too bothered. For a tenner I'll get my money's worth. Looking forward to remote play on the vita with it.
    Long download tho.....bout an hour for me to download the 9GB. The rest is about another 2ish hrs.

Looks great so far, also have NHL 15 and played it twice and put it away it was rubbish but NHL17 is good. For a tenner? Well worth it tbh.

My advice would be chose buttons and triggers as the controller, its very like FIFA then, x = pass, o = shoot etc otherwise its a bit of a mess, lost my first game 7-0 using newer style controls and only lost 1-0 in second using old style.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Yeah still fighting in it, not to the extent as NHL95 but you can instigate at anytime from what I can see :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Nothing at all wrong with 'only' 8-10 hours of gameplay.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Nothing at all wrong with 'only' 8-10 hours of gameplay.

Not if it's 8-10 hours of good gameplay - none of the reviews would suggest it is though. Curious to play it myself but not willing to pay over a tenner for it given the very mediocre reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not if it's 8-10 hours of good gameplay - none of the reviews would suggest it is though. Curious to play it myself but not willing to pay over a tenner for it given the very mediocre reviews.

Well the order is a lot better then must people say it is.

Sometimes never mind the reviews for the games as users might like it more then the reviews.

The order is a good 3rd person game that looks fantastic and has a good story.

Really hope there is going to be another one soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I enjoyed it too. Rented and Platinumed in a few hours when Xtravision was a thing.

Well the order is a lot better then must people say it is.

Sometimes never mind the reviews for the games as users might like it more then the reviews.

The order is a good 3rd person game that looks fantastic and has a good story.

Really hope there is going to be another one soon.

Feck it, I wasn't going to bother with it but it's on sale in the store and I've been signed off sick for the next few days so I think I'll pick this up.

Got really stuck into NHL 17! I wont lie, its addictive, Ive never felt so great losing a game 5-4 in my life. Ups and Downs, celebrations and anger. Top game, top graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Dishonored 2 down to €12.99 in Argos. I'm going to have to bite at that price now. Between this and Deus Ex Mankind Divided the prices have plummeted.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=1094688

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Horizon: Zero Dawn is on SimplyGames for £29.85. It worked out at €37.44 including postage for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement