Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

So tempted to buy arkham knight, i have aslyum which was bought years ago when first out, on the ps3. Thought it was unreal, great game. Missed the second one though, if i get arkham knight, am i missing alot of the story..

Also nhl is downloading because of the price, last one i played was on the sega megadrive. Had the choice of nfl and nhl on the one cartridge. That thing was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

AidoEirE wrote: »
    So tempted to buy arkham knight, i have aslyum which was bought years ago when first out, on the ps3. Thought it was unreal, great game. Missed the second one though, if i get arkham knight, am i missing alot of the story..

Also nhl is downloading because of the price, last one i played was on the sega megadrive. Had the choice of nfl and nhl on the one cartridge. That thing was brilliant

It's up to you, if you wanna play City then you could be burnt out on Batman by the time you get to Knight as they're very samey, the story in city is better and the eh city is bleh though imo, but it you just wanna play a nice Batman game then get Knight as it's still good just not A+++ like Asylum. You will be missing some big story bits from City if you don't play it, just Youtube it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Battlefront Ultimate edition free when you but a 12 month PS+ (inactive accounts only)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/home/games/psplus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It's up to you, if you wanna play City then you could be burnt out on Batman by the time you get to Knight as they're very samey, the story in city is better and the eh city is bleh though imo, but it you just wanna play a nice Batman game then get Knight as it's still good just not A+++ like Asylum. You will be missing some big story bits from City if you don't play it, just Youtube it.

The batmobile would be the reason I'd go for city. Can't bring myself to finish knight over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

AidoEirE wrote: »
    I wouldn't play Knight without having experienced City first. There's a major event in City which greatly affects the story in Knight. Plus, overall, I think City is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Went to get Dishonored 2 in Argos and it was sold out , Did let me reserve for when it comes back in , Will they honor the sale price ?

They also had Deux Ex for 12 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Went to get Dishonored 2 in Argos and it was sold out , Did let me reserve for when it comes back in , Will they honor the sale price ?

They also had Deux Ex for 12 quid

Where abouts are you? I picked mine up in Stephens Green earlier

Edit: Disregard, I see you're in the Limerick area. They will honor price, if you look at your reservation text it'll say they'll let you know when it comes in and give you a date, your reservation will be good until closing time on that date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Where can I get the best deal on a Slim PS4 these days? Anyone know of bargains?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nedd wrote: »
    Where can I get the best deal on a Slim PS4 these days? Anyone know of bargains?

Thanks

Think its still €250 with 2 pads in Smyths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Just renewed ps plus for 12 months ps store €49.99 with free Star Wars battlefront

Anyone know how to download free Star Wars - can't see it anywhere

Thanks

• Advertisement

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Just renewed ps plus for 12 months ps store €49.99 with free Star Wars battlefront

Anyone know how to download free Star Wars - can't see it anywhere

Thanks
    Should be in your Library under purchased items.

Should be in your Library under purchased items.

Not there :(

sugarman wrote: »
    Did you have an active sub already?

No. Sub had expired a while
    Clearly said renew now for free Battlefront

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    No. Sub had expired a while
    Clearly said renew now for free Battlefront

Check your email, Sony may have sent you a redeem code for the game.

Edit: Just read that the game is delivered by redeem code in 5-10 days.

Check your email, Sony may have sent you a redeem code for the game.

Edit: Just read that the game is delivered by redeem code in 5-10 days.

Cheers sniper I didn't see that.

Fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My plus expired months ago and it won't let me buy that PS Plus Battlefront offer. Says I already have plus..I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just fnished Order:1886 and must say I really enjoyed it. Great story and fantastic graphics made it well worth $4. Not sure why so many people lay down hate on this game. Would certainly look forward to playing a sequel at some stage.

Also picked up NHL 2017 and am blown away by the graphics and gameplay. If anyone is interested I found the manual which describes the different control layouts:

https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/nhl/nhl-17/learn-to-play-nhl-17/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

tallpaul wrote: »
    Just fnished Order:1886 and must say I really enjoyed it. Great story and fantastic graphics made it well worth $4. Not sure why so many people lay down hate on this game. Would certainly look forward to playing a sequel at some stage.

I really enjoyed it too. It just lacked a decent boss fight mechanic. Shame we won't get a sequel as the universe is so interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

tallpaul wrote: »

Probably because most people spent more than $4 on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Skerries wrote: »
    Battlefront Ultimate edition free when you but a 12 month PS+ (inactive accounts only)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/home/games/psplus

Feckers, I only just renewed that very day. Typical. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Anyone know where I can get the best deal for Yakuza 0?
    Argos are selling for 32 but they are out of stock everywhere.

wong wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get the best deal for Yakuza 0?
    Argos are selling for 32 but they are out of stock everywhere.

Seems to be GameStop surprisingly at €40.

Online its Amazon at £32.

I only got it in CEX the other day , I did trade in 2 games for it though , It would pain me to spend in gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Seems to be GameStop surprisingly at €40.

Nier Automata is on sale for €40 (seems expensive elsewhere) & Rise of the Tomb Raider for €30 too until 8th of June. Not advertising them but decent prices imo.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is 25 in Smyths ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Wolfenstein is certainly worth €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Been toying over Battlefield 1 and War Dogs 2 the last few weeks, €70 each online on PSN store,got them for €35 and €30 yesterday in Smyths. The job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Been toying over Battlefield 1 and War Dogs 2 the last few weeks, €70 each online on PSN store,got them for €35 and €30 yesterday in Smyths. The job

Not even good deals. Watch dogs 2 is about half price of that online if you look around. BF1 has been cheaper also if not still is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Prey is the PSN deal of the week at €49.99. Seems like it's going to follow the Deus Ex trajectory and will be €20 in a few months time.

• Advertisement

Its on the way there already. Smyths have it for €35 now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement