Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Think I saw it for ?25 on Amazon Warehouse Deals earlier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Outlast is 4.99 on the PS Store. I've seen this recommended in a few places, worth getting?

Also the Arkham Knight season pass is down to 7.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Outlast is pretty decent I thought, a bit silly but I definitely enjoyed it, paid about a fiver too.

Haven't played Arkham Knight but its generally recommended for more than it costs now

This may or may not be a bargain, depending on how you feel about elder Scrolls online but simplygames have the new morrowind expansion plus the base game for 30 of the queens plus 2.50 post
    http://deals.simplygames.com/p/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Nier: Automata
    €36.99 in Argos

No idea if it was mentioned already. But I saw it myself this morning and reserved a copy, so thought I'd share...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Yakuza 0 can be reserved at Argos now for 32. Stephens Green are getting a new order in which should arrive between Fri 2nd June – Mon 5th June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Signed up for PS+ On Tuesday and got the code for Star Wars Battle Front today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

nedd wrote: »
    Signed up for PS+ On Tuesday and got the code for Star Wars Battle Front today.

How long were you not on ps plus?

Mine expires on Sunday and tempted to let it run as I'm pretty much swamped in single player games in my backlog (Last Guardian, Watch Dogs 2, GTA V, Sniper Elite 4) and I haven't played online in ages.

Wondering if/when I'd get an offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

How long were you not on ps plus?

Mine expires on Sunday and tempted to let it run as I'm pretty much swamped in single player games in my backlog (Last Guardian, Watch Dogs 2, GTA V, Sniper Elite 4) and I haven't played online in ages.

Wondering if/when I'd get an offer.

First time signing up, I only bought my PS4 yesterday :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

nedd wrote: »
    First time signing up, I only bought my PS4 yesterday :-)

Ah cool, well enjoy, it's a crackin' console :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Witcher 3 GOTY is €20 in Smyths.

They also have RE7 preowned for €20. Not showing on their website but there's at least one left in Fonthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

Smyths has Prey - €35 Division - €25

kooper wrote: »
    Smyths has Prey - €35 Division - €25

Division is €15.99 in Argos at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Prey is the PSN deal of the week at €49.99. Seems like it's going to follow the Deus Ex trajectory and will be €20 in a few months time.

That's a pretty ****ty 'deal'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Horse84

Where's the cheapest retailer selling PS4 500gb consoles at the minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Horse84 wrote: »

Argos have the white 500gb slim listed at €250, don't appear to have any stock though. It's €300 everywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

€300 in both Argos and Smyths. The white ps4 is €250 in Argos but there's no stock.

Edit: Actually, Smyths have the 1tb with Star Wars: The Force Awakens for €300, the other €300 deals are for the 500g with no games.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-4/playstation-4-consoles/ps4-1tb-lego%C2%AE-star-wars%E2%84%A2-the-force-awakens%E2%84%A2-console-bundle/p/155837

Out of Stock everywhere.

Check the warehouse deals on Amazon. There's usually a couple of good deals on it better than the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got really stuck into NHL 17! I wont lie, its addictive, Ive never felt so great losing a game 5-4 in my life. Ups and Downs, celebrations and anger. Top game, top graphics.

Any more impressions on this....still thinking about it, spurred on by a random ad for the mighty ducks on some channel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Can't find Doom in any Argos in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any more impressions on this....still thinking about it, spurred on by a random ad for the mighty ducks on some channel.

I love it, I've always had a soft spot for NHL games though.

One really annoying thing is that there doesn't seem to be an autosave feature. I'm playing franchise mode and have lost 3-4 hours gameplay to that in the few days I've been playing it so far. Once when I just turned it off assuming it was saved and once when it crashed.

I'll easily get my €10 worth out of it all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New Sale on Irish PSN store https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date

Doesn't look that great of a sale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I imagine it's part of this "Days of play" thing so I'd be expecting new items everyday until the 17th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

tok9 wrote: »
    I imagine it's part of this "Days of play" thing so I'd be expecting new items everyday until the 17th.

That's not starting in the US until the 9th and E3 is next week so probably will have better sale next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hmmm, maybe it's not part of it but it is for every region anyway so expect more sales I guess :D
    As for Days of Play, the event will run from Friday, June 9 to Saturday, June 17 in every country that sells PlayStations, with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe President Jim Ryan telling Glixel

Edit: Btw, Hyper Light Drifter for 8 euro seems pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭racersedge

Essien wrote: »
    I love it, I've always had a soft spot for NHL games though.

One really annoying thing is that there doesn't seem to be an autosave feature. I'm playing franchise mode and have lost 3-4 hours gameplay to that in the few days I've been playing it so far. Once when I just turned it off assuming it was saved and once when it crashed.

I'll easily get my €10 worth out of it all the same.

I'd be sold if there was a way to shorten the season a tad. 82 games plus playoffs even at the minimum game time becomes a grind when you are trying to do the career mode and trying to fit in time to play it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

The golden disc sections in Tesco will be selling games half price from tomorrow (or now I think) till I think a week or a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement