Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Is mafia 3 any good?

It's a very good €30, you'll get hours of enjoyment out of it anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Enjoyable with cracking soundtrack and a fantastic story but it's repetition at its worst. It absolutely nails the look, feel and sounds of the era but the constantly samey missions get quite boring and frustrating and by the end it feels like a slog.

Hmmm might pass so I'd only be buying for sake of it anyways, I have plenty to keep me going at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got Hitman season 1 for 20 odd euro on PSN store I need to stop buying games and actually start finishing some lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Got Hitman season 1 for 20 odd euro on PSN store I need to stop buying games and actually start finishing some lol

Yeah less is more really. When u have less games you actually play them!

Trying to limit the number of games I get on the PS4 and not have the same experience I have on the PC or Xbox!

Although with the psvr this is going to be quite hard to achieve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah , if I see a game I'd like to play on sale, then I will only get it if there is a big enough of a discount like 70% off. Return to Arkham is reduced from 50 to 15 which is a huge price drop so I will probably pick it up. I'm also leaving any potential purchases from a sale to the last day as when a new sale starts the previous sale ends at Midnight that day and also it case it ends up on sale on Canadian store for cheaper price.. Also going to start buying triple A games from Canadian store as they work out at 54 for a standard edition over 70 you'd pay on the Irish store .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Anyone spot any deals for horizon zero dawn?

Also is it worth getting? Hearing good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

SeanHarty wrote: »

It's on sale now for €40 on PSN. Haven't played it, but seems to to be getting great feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Horizon Zero Dawn is very good, Would recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

PSN Plus 12 month sub for €35 ends tonight at 23.59pm.

For those who dont know, you can use your Three credit to buy €20 for your PS Wallet through hmvgamecredit.com (Make sure that the flag on screen is the Irish one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Looking at finally picking up the bioshock collection, has it been cheaper than €25 before?

Also looking at Firewatch, Shadow Complex, and Metro Redux.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Looking at finally picking up the bioshock collection, has it been cheaper than €25 before?

Also looking at Firewatch, Shadow Complex, and Metro Redux.
    Think (!) I got it for €20 around February/March with PS+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah I'm sure it dropped below 20. That's a fair price though - if you want the games I'd bite now rather than wait six months on the off chance.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure it dropped below 20. That's a fair price though - if you want the games I'd bite now rather than wait six months on the off chance.

Check on psprices.com, it gives you history of any price changes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

For those who dont know, you can use your Three credit to buy €20 for your PS Wallet through hmvgamecredit.com (Make sure that the flag on screen is the Irish one)

The answer is definitely going to be a no. But.

I'm in the UK store, can I use my Irish number to buy a euro card and use it.... in... the.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

No. You could set up an Irish PSN profile and use it though, and your main UK profile can play anything the Irish profile purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Check on psprices.com, it gives you history of any price changes
    I told a lie, must've purchased it @ €25 as it hasn't been any lower than that according to the site.
    I do love PSPrice.com though, very handy.

Nailz wrote: »
    I told a lie, must've purchased it @ €25 as it hasn't been any lower than that according to the site.
    I do love PSPrice.com though, very handy.

Yeah its a great site.

Also reminder that there should be a flash sale tomorrow on Canadian and US Psn stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

No idea what this game is like but at £4.50 it might be worth a punt.

battleborn-ps4.jpg

Battleborn (PS4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

battleborn-ps4.jpg

Battleborn (PS4)

The game that Overwatch tried to be…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

SeanHarty wrote: »

I got it in Tesco for €34.99. Not sure if they still have it at that price.

The deal was sweetened even further for me, as I had €20 worth of Tesco vouchers to use!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

battleborn-ps4.jpg

Battleborn (PS4)

ITs 2.97 in gamestop at the moment its not that bad of a game i enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

TinCanMan wrote: »
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt down to €23.99 or €17.99 for PS+ members. Heard good things about this but was waiting for a price drop.

Cheers, bought it after seeing your post! Got the GOTY version, the 2 add ons alone come to €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

battleborn-ps4.jpg

Battleborn (PS4)

I thought I was really good fun, lots of comparisons to Overwatch. Outside of both being fps games that's where the similarities stopped in my experiences.

Probably get more use out of it with friends though, its a co-op campaign at its core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

battleborn-ps4.jpg

Battleborn (PS4)

It's free-to-play now

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/6/15745252/battleborn-free-to-play-founders-bonus

It's pretty dead tbh. Maybe that will change with being free.

A few of us picked it up for €5 in Gamestop a few months ago and played a bit together. Even then it was dead. There's an ultra rare trophy available just for starting a PvP game with a group of 4 =/

It is kinda fun though. They rushed it out in the hope that releasing it before Overwatch would help sales.

Flash sale, live on US and Canadian PSN Stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

10% off all preorders on TheGameCollection until Sunday with the code "E3HANGOVER"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Videoball is $2 on the Can store. It has one of the best description videos I've seen and it looks like fun ( I love the dlc bit :p),

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Probably not going to be everyone's thing but MLB The Show 17 is down to €25 in the current sale and since getting it yesterday, I actually can't put the controller down. Really fun sports game and I wouldn't be a baseball fan by any means, worth a look if you want something a bit different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was tempted by that before but thought I might get bored of it as I haven't a clue about baseball. I never pulled the trigger on the hockey game, looking for a pick up and okay sports game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I was tempted by that before but thought I might get bored of it as I haven't a clue about baseball. I never pulled the trigger on the hockey game, looking for a pick up and okay sports game.

This is surprisingly accessible because there's different control schemes and the sliders allow you to make it as challenging as you want. Quite relaxing too, you never have to be too tuned in to play well, just a bit of timing. Road to the Show mode is probably right up your street, you create your own player and take him through a career right from the minor leagues to the MLB, very in depth and realistic, it's all I ever play in these MLB games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement