Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

mrcheez wrote: »
    You can get 2 days free PS Plus on those accounts though

yes indeed, great wee trick, would have saved a few quid if i'd known sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

You can get 2 days free PS Plus on those accounts though

I tried and it said I need to add a payment method to the account

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Anyone know if there will be a sale coming up soon??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

irishman86 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be a sale coming up soon??

Sales always happen on Wednesdays, the current sale will end next Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

The Division is Game of the Week, any use?

You can also download the demo, which is good for 6 hours play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thinking of going for these VR-enabled titles.. whaddya reckon?

- Bound (CAD 10.79 - EUR 7.25)
    - Here they Lie (CAD 10.79 - EUR 7.25)
    - Until Dawn (CAD 9.99 - EUR 6.72)
    - Tumble VR (CAD 5.39 - EUR 3.62)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Until Dawn (non VR) is in next months PS+ if you want to try the game first

Jayisplay wrote: »
    I tried and it said I need to add a payment method to the account

You get the 2 free days of PS Plus by going to:

- Settings -> Application Saved Data Management
    - Click "Saved Data in Online Storage"

and you get the option of having a 2 day trial which gives you all the PS Plus prices etc

Skerries wrote: »
    Until Dawn (non VR) is in next months PS+ if you want to try the game first

Ah I'd like the VR game as I enjoyed the demo.

Some people seem to love Here they Lie and others hate it, so not sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Tried the demo of Here they lie, not impressed. Resi 7 seems way better. If you don't get tumble for less than 4 euro you are crazy.

• Advertisement

Tried the demo of Here they lie, not impressed. Resi 7 seems way better. If you don't get tumble for less than 4 euro you are crazy.

Tried the demo there, it's lower-res than Res Evil but I found it intriguing, so will prob go for it as temporary filler until Res Evil drops to less than €20.

Tumble always seemed like a tech demo to me, but I guess it's a decent price and good for way to show it off to family etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Tried the demo there, it's lower-res than Res Evil but I found it intriguing, so will prob go for it as temporary filler until Res Evil drops to less than €20.

Tumble always seemed like a tech demo to me, but I guess it's a decent price and good for way to show it off to family etc.

Where can I get it for 4 quid? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Battlefield 1 is €26.99 in Argos currently. Is this a good price? Worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

tallpaul wrote:
    Battlefield 1 is €26.99 in Argos currently. Is this a good price? Worth it?

I'd say so myself. Brilliant online multiplayer and I don't think there is another battlefield game on the way this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I've got a 20% off Dirt 4 code that expires on Sunday if anyone is interested.

I have one too, not going to use it anyway

Danick wrote: »
    Where can I get it for 4 quid? Thanks

On the US/Canada stores.

EDIT: snipped instructions just in case it's against the charter... mea culpa! Can find details elsewhere easily though via Google.

It's a full on puzzle game. Loads of different style puzzles to do. And it's not too easy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Pterosaur

I'm interested for sure. Is this for psn?

I have one too, not going to use it anyway

Interested in this. Is it for psn

• Advertisement

Pterosaur wrote: »
    Interested in this. Is it for psn

If so would be cheaper to get on Amazon so I'll leave it actually. Nice to have the disc although can be handy digitally too for multiple system use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pterosaur wrote: »
    I'm interested for sure. Is this for psn?

Yeah, its for psn. Can send it to you if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

You get the 2 free days of PS Plus by going to:

- Settings -> Application Saved Data Management
    - Click "Saved Data in Online Storage"

and you get the option of having a 2 day trial which gives you all the PS Plus prices etc
    Cheers il do that the next time

Played Here They Lie first time last night. Its actually pretty damned good in VR in that you really feel like you are "there". Which is a problem as the scares are quite effective. It's a surreal experience like being in the world of Silent Hill. I played standing up which is superb. Only downsides are the gritty graphics (which I kinda like if u treat it as an art style) and controls take a bit of getting used to as it uses the direction you are looking as the direction of movement but also the right joystick to turn. I'll figure out a compromise soon enough.

Also VR boobs ;)

Certainly worth €7 on US/Canada store

Didn't stay long enough for boobs. Damnit.

Didn't stay long enough for boobs. Damnit.

Not in the demo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Assassins Creed Origins deluxe edition is discounted for Plus subscribers. Only €2 more than the standard edition

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/assassin's-creed-origins-deluxe-edition/cid=EP0001-CUSA05625_00-PREORDERDLXACE00

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Assassins Creed Origins deluxe edition is discounted for Plus subscribers. Only €2 more than the standard edition

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/assassin's-creed-origins-deluxe-edition/cid=EP0001-CUSA05625_00-PREORDERDLXACE00

I think its the same with far cry 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You don't seem to get much extra for that edition so it's not amazing value, but definitely worth getting if you're going digital for the sake of a couple of Euro. Few extra weapons and one mission is all that's in it though.

A cheaper way of getting any version of the game (physical only) is to go onto the Ubisoft store and onto the game's page, and you should be able to get 20% off if you redeem 100 Ubi points (the ones you get for playing through Ubi games) by linking your Ubi Club account. I managed to get €32 off the Dawn of the Creed edition so only ended up paying €128 (don't judge, I can't resist a nice statue :o).

So you can get the version with the season pass included for €80 if you go down that route, which isn't too bad.

• Advertisement

Mother of God, €80!! Is that the price of new games?

There's a reason I always wait 6 months before buying when they drop to €15 (notwithstanding my excessive backlog)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement