Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yakuza 0 is 26 euro on psn. My GOTY hands down, absolute bargain!!!

Tempted by Edith Finch for 15.

Just watched a trailer for Yakuza... Wtf? That looks great! What kind of game is it? I thought it was like a GTA type thing, this looks like way more fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

It had me at Beck, intrigued! Thanks for the tip!

And the trophies stack ;)
    https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/sound-shapes/226411-sound-shapes-autopopping-stacking-guide-faq.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Just watched a trailer for Yakuza... Wtf? That looks great! What kind of game is it? I thought it was like a GTA type thing, this looks like way more fun!

Semi-open world but not like GTA. Actually it's very hard to describe it. Whatever it is, it's ****ing awesome. Ass kicking, drama, karaoke, sidequests where you go from helping a boy get his stolen videogame back to training a dominatrix how to be better at her job. Sounds whacky and it is but it has serious depth and is absolutely quality. A remake of Yakuza 1 of releasing in August and it's my most anticipated game for the rest of year because of how good Zero is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Semi-open world but not like GTA. Actually it's very hard to describe it. Whatever it is, it's ****ing awesome. Ass kicking, drama, karaoke, sidequests where you go from helping a boy get his stolen videogame back to training a dominatrix how to be better at her job. Sounds whacky and it is but it has serious depth and is absolutely quality. A remake of Yakuza 1 of releasing in August and it's my most anticipated game for the rest of year because of how good Zero is.

Liked it a lot until it became a real estate simulator. No need for that at all. Stopped playing soon after that started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Looks a lot like Sleeping Dogs?

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »

Sleeping dogs is way more GTA than this. It's more like Shenmue than anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

mrcheez wrote: »

If it's like Yakuza 4 or 5 then it's a very different beast to Sleeping Dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not sure if you're joking, but i'd defo get a D2 themed one if it's going

I did read somewhere there was going to be a Pro console pack with D2, I gave my old Taken King one to her ladyship when I got my Pro..

Wait til you see how poor Destiny 1 looks on a 4K TV with the Pro after playing a relatively gorgeous looking checkerboard 4K title like BF1... :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Just have Saints Row stuck in my head now.

Liked it a lot until it became a real estate simulator. No need for that at all. Stopped playing soon after that started.

I think that's one mission to introduce you and you never have to touch it again. I went back to it after the story when I had proper cash to invest and found it good. Managing the club as Majima is way better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So lads is Hitman Complete Season worth it for 24 euro?

I like stealthy, tactical shooting games rather than keep the fire button pressed type of games so I fear the answer might be yes and another game on the backlog.

I like stealthy, tactical shooting games rather than keep the fire button pressed type of games so I fear the answer might be yes and another game on the backlog.

My 2nd favourite game this year, even though it can be a tactical shooter, I only shot like 3 people across all 6 episodes, much more fun to perform 'accidental' kills or using the environment. Absolutely worth the 24 euro but the physical version is in Argos for 25 atm. Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,633 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yes, got it yesterday and it's awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Pretty sure the first episode is free on the store if you want to give it a shot before you buy.

Thanks, sounds like a plan. Think I'll get the physical version for the extra euro, the steelbook looks nice. I played the demo before and liked it.

Between that and Yakuza I'm really adding to the backlog but at least I'm sticking to my rules of not buying new releases and spending a maximum of 30 euro per game. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Very tempted by Yakuza now... Did I see playable Outrun in the trailer also? That'd be icing on the cake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Very tempted by Yakuza now... Did I see playable Outrun in the trailer also? That'd be icing on the cake!

seems to alright

There's Hang on and Space Harrier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Thanks, sounds like a plan. Think I'll get the physical version for the extra euro, the steelbook looks nice. I played the demo before and liked it.

Between that and Yakuza I'm really adding to the backlog but at least I'm sticking to my rules of not buying new releases and spending a maximum of 30 euro per game. :-)

I am the same stopped buying new games , well unless maybe FIFA, I wait till there gone down, as I literally have about 150 games still to play between PS3 and ps4, but still keep buying . I have a rule I don't start a game until I'm finished the one I'm on, nearly done the witcher dlc , can't wait to finish and start something new.

Yeah, I'd say in currency real terms gaming has never been cheaper, particularly if you avoid GameStop and new releases. The problem is time, most of us that post here are probably adults with jobs, partners and maybe kids. I'd love to play more, much more, but can't.

Anyway I'm dragging things a bit off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Anyone know anything about Root Letter (I saw the trailer & I'm tempted to buy), the quality of the Megaman Collection & if the Final Fantasy VII port on the PS4 is good?
    Have to ask someone as I've just went to buy Darkest Dungeon & Jet Set Radio for the vita only to discover I own them already :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

To warrant buying Crash/Horizon I made myself finish a few games first. I have kept adding more to the back log, it got a bit to much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ERG89 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about Root Letter (I saw the trailer & I'm tempted to buy), the quality of the Megaman Collection & if the Final Fantasy VII port on the PS4 is good?
    Have to ask someone as I've just went to buy Darkest Dungeon & Jet Set Radio for the vita only to discover I own them already :o

Root Letter is a pretty good game, just to warn you though it is a visual novel as such there is very little interaction in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Backlog haha mine grows every week or two I don't realy have time to play games as much as I used so I keep buying and pile them up ha.

Betweeen all consoles I just have about 60 games to play at this stage some are still in the plastic to make it worse :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Deedsie wrote: »
    Anyone see a PS4 Pro for sale anywhere for under €300?

Nope,

There was a brief 50 quid off it for about 2 weeks around E3 but it seems to be back up to 400 everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Popular in Japan sale is live in the store, seems to be some deals on Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil....

Stock appears to be getting low for Hitman in Argos and I have a spare reservation for Limerick Childers Road until end of day. (on my travels I picked up a copy earlier in Carlow)

PM if you want it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Stock appears to be getting low for Hitman in Argos and I have a spare reservation for Limerick Childers Road until end of day. (on my travels I picked up a copy earlier in Carlow)

PM if you want it.

are you buying them all and trading them into cex by any chance...

I doubt it as he is offering the code to someone on here and also cex offer 25 for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

that's rich coming from you considering what you've done in the past :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement