Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nedd wrote: »
    Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is Deal of the Week on the PSN Store.

€12.99

Any good?

Why's it so dear? It's €6 on Xbox and I think the same on Steam.

I really enjoyed it and the Nemises System is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I played a small bit of it before but couldn't get into it. Not sure if it was my lack of interest in LOTR or just found it a bit boring. Tempted to try it again with news of the new one coming out later this year.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I played a small bit of it before but couldn't get into it. Not sure if it was my lack of interest in LOTR or just found it a bit boring. Tempted to try it again with news of the new one coming out later this year.

It's not the best at the start but if you give it a little while it really does come into its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

€12.99

Any good?

Assassins Creed meets Lord of the Rings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why's it so dear? It's €6 on Xbox and I think the same on Steam.

I really enjoyed it and the Nemises System is very good.

It was $6 on the US psn store until yesterday.

• Advertisement

It was $6 on the US psn store until yesterday.

Yea I thought I saw that alright. Strange it's so much dearer on the Irish store though.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea I thought I saw that alright. Strange it's so much dearer on the Irish store though.

Same discount amount as ps+ subs in US which made it $4(ps+)/$6, but the base price is triple on the Irish store, €60 vs $20.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

€12.99

Any good?

It's a good game, I enjoyed it. The nemesis system is a bit of a gimmick though, I found it annoying after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I found the whole game annoying. It was so hyped but so ****.

Might give it another couple of hours at the weekend but nothing about it has appealed so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's alright, I thought the Nemesis system was great but the start is crap and the combat is the Arkham style. Crap imo but some people liked it.

Overall I wouldn't say it's too bad for a tenner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

€12.99

Any good?

I'd highly recommend it. An absolutely cracking game and a bargain at that price with all the DLC. It's not the most difficult game that you'll ever play and you become overpowered very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Syberia 3 is just €19.99 in GameStop. I chanced my arm and bought it, only released a few months ago but was criticised for its bugs initially, hopefully they've been ironed out by now or will be soon. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Deus Ex Mankind Divided €5 IN Smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I bought it at launch but traded it in about 20% in, just couldn't get into it but would definitely give it a go again if i see it for a fiver in my local Smyths, thanks man.

EDIT: Ah, 2 left in the country and both in Navan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Nice one, thanks! Have one ordered and will pick it up in Navan tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I bought it at launch but traded it in about 20% in, just couldn't get into it but would definitely give it a go again if i see it for a fiver in my local Smyths, thanks man.

EDIT: Ah, 2 left in the country and both in Navan :)

Is it still available for delivery?.. Although you do have to spend 29euro for free delivery there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Is it still available for delivery?.. Although you do have to spend 29euro for free delivery there..
    Nope, not available for delivery, unfortunately. There's only 1 left in Navan now (I got the other one). :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I picked up Deus Ex for €8 secondhand in Smyths but I just can't get into at all. I tried an hour or two of it but I didn't find it fun at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've got Deus Ex Human Revolution on PS3 (was it a PS+ game?)... is it worth playing that before Mankind Divided?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I picked up Deus Ex for €8 secondhand in Smyths but I just can't get into at all. I tried an hour or two of it but I didn't find it fun at all.

I got it cheap too and found it to be crap like the previous game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Superhot VR is 20 quid if you preorder. It's out next week and you'd save a fiver I think.
    Anyone play it on the Occulus or Vive?
    Heard good things about it and might finally get some move controllers if it's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

smokingman wrote: »
    Superhot VR is 20 quid if you preorder. It's out next week and you'd save a fiver I think.
    Anyone play it on the Occulus or Vive?
    Heard good things about it and might finally get some move controllers if it's good.

EDIT: I'm wrong, see Mr Cheez's post below.

Its 20 quid to preorder Superhot without PSVR capability.
    You need to order the more expensive "SUPERHOT MIND IS SOFTWARE BUNDLE" for PSVR:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/superhot-mind-is-software-bundle/cid=EP2477-CUSA08165_00-VRANDNONVRPREORD

€31.99 Pre-order
    €39.99 after wards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I got the game free and still think I paid too much, ****e game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Doge wrote: »
    Its 20 quid to preorder Superhot without PSVR capability.

You need to order the more expensive "SUPERHOT MIND IS SOFTWARE BUNDLE" for PSVR:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/superhot-mind-is-software-bundle/cid=EP2477-CUSA08165_00-VRANDNONVRPREORD

€31.99 Pre-order
    €39.99 after wards.

The VR game alone is 20 euro though as preorder?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/superhot-vr/cid=EP2477-CUSA08165_00-SUPERHOTVRPREORD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

mrcheez wrote: »

Ah good man! I didnt know there was 3 releases for the game!

Now i have to decide wether to get this on PSVR or on the Rift.

First world problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

http://pureplaystation.com/review-superhot-vr-ps4psvr/2017/07/

Hmm might need to get my first ever preorder, normally I wait till these things are on sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone see any deals on the ps4 pro?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    anyone see any deals on the ps4 pro?

Only one I've seen atm is the white pro with Destiny 2 and expansion pass at £400/~€465 for preorder at Game.

Pleasantly surprised yesterday to see a few games in my wishlist had gone on sale. Got everyone's gone to the rapture and salt & sanctuary :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Pleasantly surprised yesterday to see a few games in my wishlist had gone on sale. Got everyone's gone to the rapture and salt & sanctuary :)

Rapture was on PS+ a few months ago (just in case you already have it, although I don't think the store lets you buy it if it's already purchased through PS+)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement