Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

van_beano wrote: »
    Rapture was on PS+ a few months ago (just in case you already have it, although I don't think the store lets you buy it if it's already purchased through PS+)

Yeah missed it hadn't got a PS4 at that point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Nearly gave up on Rapture but loved it by the end. I'll be playing it again because I missed out on a couple of things at the beginning because I hadn't a clue what I was doing. I think I'll be picking up the Vanishing of Ethan Carter in this sale. Just going to wait and see what goes on sale on Wednesday first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I played EGTTR for about 15 minutes and went straight back to Until Dawn, will give it a go again at some point but definitely have grabbed me yet. Gone Home had me hooked from walking in the front door, 'walking sims' have a high standard to meet for me.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I played EGTTR for about 15 minutes and went straight back to Until Dawn, will give it a go again at some point but definitely have grabbed me yet. Gone Home had me hooked from walking in the front door, 'walking sims' have a high standard to meet for me.

Honestly, I played about for a couple of hours getting a bit pissed off not knowing what to really do until I triggered an event and it became magical. I realised I'd missed out on earlier events so I want to give it another playthrough. I loved the way it unfurled at the end.

I played Gone Home straight after it and it didn't really do anything for me at all. It couldn't compete with Rapture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »
    http://pureplaystation.com/review-superhot-vr-ps4psvr/2017/07/

Hmm might need to get my first ever preorder, normally I wait till these things are on sale

So who's going for the Pre-Order of Superhot VR?

I don't have PS Plus so might sign up for a UK account and get the 3 day plus trial thingy.

Anyone find it odd that there are loads of reviews out for this despite it not being launched yet? I'm sure many people would have preferred Arizona Sunshine had similar treatment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anyone find it odd that there are loads of reviews out for this despite it not being launched yet? I'm sure many people would have preferred Arizona Sunshine had similar treatment...

It's up to the publisher to give out review copies, if you know your game is great you're going to be happy to hand it out to reviewers, if you know it's **** your gonna launch with as little reviews as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

So who's going for the Pre-Order of Superhot VR?

I don't have PS Plus so might sign up for a UK account and get the 3 day plus trial thingy.

Pre-ordered already!

Had a hard time deciding between the PSVR and the Rift, but the play area of my PSVR is much larger so and its cheaper on PSVR so it won out in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,479 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Played gone home for an hour but it's so badly acted and the teen stuff is so hard to cut through.

Loved Rapture, had to stick with the early stage buy loved it overall.

Doge wrote: »
    Pre-ordered already!

Had a hard time deciding between the PSVR and the Rift, but the play area of my PSVR is much larger so and its cheaper on PSVR so it won out in the end.

2 hours to go... Come ooooon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New Sale on Irish PSN store https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date
    Looks like a big sale with plenty of discounts on PlayStation VR games. Also there should be a flash sale this weekend on the US and Canadian PSN stores

New Sale on Irish PSN store https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date
    Looks like a big sale with plenty of discounts on PlayStation VR games. Also there should be a flash sale this weekend on the US and Canadian PSN stores

Excellent, Thumper is finally on sale!

Mad price for Until Dawn Rush of Blood too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Both Driveclub and Project Cars on sale there. Considering picking one of them up as some kind of driving game option to keep me going till Gran Turismo. Any recommendations on which would be the better pickup?

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst is only €7. I know it gets very mixed reviews but that's a great price for it. I really enjoyed it.

Good to see The Witness, Inside and Dear Ester all on sale. Going to pick them all up over the next couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Over the years "driveclub" is easily the most mentioned game on this forum. is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

This new PSN sale is actually the summer sale and runs until August 16th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

gimmick wrote: »
    Over the years "driveclub" is easily the most mentioned game on this forum. is it any good?
    Have both and would pick Project cars over it

is there a way of filtering purely by VR ?

I know you can do this on the Playstation Store

EDIT: Found this which lists the PSVR titles in the sale: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/6o713m/insane_psvr_sale_eu_psn/

Dear Easther - 4 - Have to pick that up.
    Virgina - 4 - I've heard good things about it, must look it up.
    Pure Hold'Em Poker - 8 - might be worth a punt
    Another Wolrd - 3 - Whiff of nostalgia of that one!
    Deadlight - 5 - Very tempting!
    Outlast 2 - 19 - Very tempting
    Nba Playgrounds - 12 - maybe worth it?

Still deciding on the Edith Finch game for 15 before it finishes its sale today.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Dear Easther - 4 - Have to pick that up.
    Virgina - 4 - I've heard good things about it, must look it up.
    Pure Hold'Em Poker - 8 - might be worth a punt
    Another Wolrd - 3 - Whiff of nostalgia of that one!
    Deadlight - 5 - Very tempting!
    Outlast 2 - 19 - Very tempting
    Nba Playgrounds - 12 - maybe worth it?

Still deciding on the Edith Finch game for 15 before it finishes its sale today.

I bought the Vanishing of Ethan Carter because its sale is finished today along with Inside. Going to pick up Emily Wants to play today as well I reckon and maybe Dear Esther. Very tempted by Deadlight and I reckon I'm going to have to pick up Oxenfree. It's a nice little to pick up a load of those indies I've been keeping my eye up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Witness is like 8.50c.
    Heard good things so I'm going to pick it up for the sake of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

correction wrote: »
    Both Driveclub and Project Cars on sale there. Considering picking one of them up as some kind of driving game option to keep me going till Gran Turismo. Any recommendations on which would be the better pickup?

Ive never played Project Cars, but DriveClub while a good driving game has the feeling of nothing. There isnt really a lot to do in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

P Cars is badly structured. You have to stick with one car per season. Or make a new season if you want to change. Also makes you do qualifiers. And that's not fun. Also the controls are horrendous, you'll have to look up a way to change them to make it playable with a controller.

Driveclub has hundreds of championships. It's way more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I know this is off-topic and I know it obviously isn't a serious driving game but if you're just looking for some over-the-top driving fun then I've been playing little other than the stunt races in GTA Online lately. I suck at racing games and the last one to keep my attention was Microphose Formula One Grand Prix on the Amiga 25 years ago but I can't get enough of these stunt races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Project cars is the a driving game in the vain of the main Forza games they are realistic racing sims.

While drive club is arcade racer like horizon and the classic PGR basicly a more fun racer and bit more over the top.

To me a fun racer is a arcade racer. One of the best racers for me was last gens need for speed must wonted that was the closest thing we will ever get to another burn out out game shocked ea never tryed to give that another go under need for need burnout with a new studio as it could work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Had a reminder on my phone for Yakuza 0, last day it is on sale for €25.99. Was meant to have my mind made up on it but haven't yet.

Worth a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Picked up Infinite Warefare Legacy Pro for €40 in ToolStop, bargain considering MW is gonna be €45 on it own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Had a reminder on my phone for Yakuza 0, last day it is on sale for €25.99. Was meant to have my mind made up on it but haven't yet.

Worth a go?

Everyone I know that's played it, loves it.

Bought it in the sale too but haven't got around to it.

Worth a go?

I honestly can't say yes enough, absolute steal at 26.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Lumo is €7 in Smyths.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement