Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

10% of all preorders on TheGameCollection until 11.59pm on Monday with the code 'FIREFLOWER'.

Prices are already top notch so could probably bag a few bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Anything good?

I got Tomb Raider DE, Infamous Second Son, Borderlands Collection, COD AW, Captain Toad TT, Zelda Windwaker, Marvel Lego Avengers, MGS 5, The Order 1886, Knack, Wolfestein TNO, Rayman Origins, Pokemon X, Chibi Robo Zip Lash, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis and a few more for 3 quid each.

That was across 3 stores mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Shadow Warrior is brilliant and the second one is even better and has co-op. Shadow Warrior 2 is on offer and the collection is £1 extra and includes the first game
    Ah, Goddammit, now I'm going to have to get Shadow Warrior. People, stop recommending games!!!

Hold off if you don't mind playing it on a PC.

Tis free at the moment on Steam!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/shadow-warrior-special-edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Flash Sale is live in the US and Canada stores, couple of nice deals but overall it's not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The preorders for the white Destiny 2 PS4 Pro bundle have gone up on GameStop.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation%204/Games/64265/playstation-4-pro-glacier-1tb-console-and-destiny-2

€450 for the console, game and expansion pass. Pretty decent deal.

That is a pretty good deal! Anyone have a ballpark figure for how much you'd get for trading in the original PS4?

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Flash Sale is live in the US and Canada stores, couple of nice deals but overall it's not great.

Don't see anything of value there that isn't already cheaper in the UK store (unless psprices hasn't updated yet??)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

mrcheez wrote: »
    Don't see anything of value there that isn't already cheaper in the UK store (unless psprices hasn't updated yet??)

Yeah its a kind of muck sale, but to be honest, the only have a good sale every 2 or 3 "sales" I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Been a while since the flash sale has tempted me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hold off if you don't mind playing it on a PC.

Tis free at the moment on Steam!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/shadow-warrior-special-edition

Don't have a decent gaming pc so I'll stick with it on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

I got Tomb Raider DE, Infamous Second Son, Borderlands Collection, COD AW, Captain Toad TT, Zelda Windwaker, Marvel Lego Avengers, MGS 5, The Order 1886, Knack, Wolfestein TNO, Rayman Origins, Pokemon X, Chibi Robo Zip Lash, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis and a few more for 3 quid each.

That was across 3 stores mind.

Was in the dundalk store this morning and nothing discounted. Same deal is going in the uk so i asaume its accross all stores but dundalks stock is yet to be marked down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

lankz92 wrote: »
    Was in the dundalk store this morning and nothing discounted. Same deal is going in the uk so i asaume its accross all stores but dundalks stock is yet to be marked down.

Its on preowned games with no boxes, still good prices.

If thats the case, where do you find them? I assume theres a tray of discs somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Shadow Warrior or Mirror's Edge Catalyst?

Shadow Warrior.

Tinie wrote: »
    If thats the case, where do you find them? I assume theres a tray of discs somewhere?

They do be in blank boxes. In with the other preowned stuff.

Anyway the pictures on hduk show ones in the right boxes. Either way it seems to be store specific here as some of the games mentioned to be on sale where still full price where i checked. Worth checking tho.

Also gamestop has some deals on collectors editions at the min. Stuff keeps poping in and out of stock so if anyone is after something worth a check. Managed to grab doom CE for €15

lankz92 wrote: »

Also gamestop has some deals on collectors editions at the min. Stuff keeps poping in and out of stock so if anyone is after something worth a check. Managed to grab doom CE for €15

Got a link to that or was it in store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Nothing left in Jervis Street in case anyone was heading in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?promotion=1676

Just FYI, sterling is at 8 month record low today for anyone want to saving an extra little bit on the UK store (using Revolut card to take advantage).

Home delivery was all out just after i ordered. They might still have some in shops, i didnt look.

Actually just had a quick look and its not coming up in a search at all now. Keep an eye out. I dunno what their at but stuff keeps coming up then dissapearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Nothing left in Jervis Street in case anyone was heading in.

Some pretty decent PS3 games left like Riddick and Motorstorm Apocalypse, no ps4 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Some pretty decent PS3 games left like Riddick and Motorstorm Apocalypse, no ps4 though.

Nothing ps4 left in Tallaght now. (Sorry, I cleared them out )
    Second Son, Killzone, Just cause 3, Dishonoured and The Order....damn you backlog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

smokingman wrote: »
    Nothing ps4 left in Tallaght now. (Sorry, I cleared them out )
    Second Son, Killzone, Just cause 3, Dishonoured and The Order....damn you backlog!

Ooh, I wouldn't mind a cheap copy of Second Son for it's Pro/HDR compatibility alone, nice looking game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Nailz wrote: »
    Ooh, I wouldn't mind a cheap copy of Second Son for it's Pro/HDR compatibility alone, nice looking game.

It's a tenner on the store at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Was in smyths in Galway. Good few ps3 and 360 games but no ps4. And only metro redux on xone for 3 euro.

Guy in there with cex on the phone checking every price to see if he could make a few euro. Wouldnt these pricks piss off and let some kids get a bargain or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Whoever first mentioned the Limbo/Inside double bundle, cheers! Inside is really fantastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Guy in there with cex on the phone checking every price to see if he could make a few euro. Wouldnt these pricks piss off and let some kids get a bargain or two.

I actually feel bad for these people, the lengths they go to make a few quid.

If they put as much effort as they do into profiteering, but put it into an actual career or studying, then they wouldn't need to do this. Theres no doubt many watching this thread anyway.

I had my own run in with this before a year ago when tesco sold off games for a tenner. Some lad threw heaps of games blindly into his trolley before sneaking off to the end of the aisle away from the people, then I assume onto CEX as he was bet to his phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

That tesco sell off was really bad. Heard one story of a man who had three copies of the same game in his hand. A kid no more than ten was looking for one and he wouldnt give it to the kid as CEX would give him €32 for it.

Yeah tesco was very bad. Heard staff kept a lot of the psn cards/subs. Sales like that should be 1 per customer maybe 2 at most. People going up with baskets full shouldnt be let but yano easy money and cex have no issue buying multiples from someone. Id feel bad buying more than one however i did buy 2 copies of the doom CE. One on pc first (just wanted the ce stuff) but then i grabed the ps4 one when it flashed into stock so i can actually play it haha. I actually couldnt figure out how to cancel one on gamestops site. Guy i work with is taking the pc version so worked out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sad individuals... They no doubt contributed to the PSVR shortage at the end of last year. IIRC, there was actually a poster or two on this very forum bragging about buying 2/3 from wherever they could get them, then heading straight to CeX where they could make a €80 profit per unit.

That sort of behaviour likely forced many parents to spend €560 (or so) on a €400 peripheral so that their kids wouldn't be disappointed at Christmas time. Pricks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement