Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

You can get 15 months psplus for the price of 12 (€49.99) on the psn store until 29th of August

Great deal actually. Must do it this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

You can get 15 months psplus for the price of 12 (€49.99) on the psn store until 29th of August

Just curious what are the actual benefits of PSPlus? Is it mainly online multiplayer?

The free games are usually pretty mediocre and usually something that you could potentially buy in a sale at a discount price anyway (and keep forever), thus spending less than €50 over the course of 15 months.

The PS Plus discounts are also only applied to a few select titles. Most items are on sale at a price available to all users.

I don't play online so just calculating the value here for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Can someone link me to 15mth with 12mth offer ?Cannot see it on ps store

edit : Doh! i see the banners now in the store, could have swor they were not there this morning when i check,my mistaek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

does the 15 months PS Plus extend my subscription for 15 months from now or does it extend 15 months from end of my current subscription? (Jan 2018) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Ravenholm wrote: »
    does the 15 months PS Plus extend my subscription for 15 months from now or does it extend 15 months from end of my current subscription? (Jan 2018) :confused:

It stacks so your PS+ would expire in April 2019.

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Just curious what are the actual benefits of PSPlus? Is it mainly online multiplayer?

The free games are usually pretty mediocre and usually something that you could potentially buy in a sale at a discount price anyway (and keep forever), thus spending less than €50 over the course of 15 months.

The PS Plus discounts are also only applied to a few select titles. Most items are on sale at a price available to all users.

Anyone? It was a serious question, not "PSPlus-bashing".

If I don't care about the online multiplayer, and the free games, is there any other benefit I'm missing?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If I don't care about the online multiplayer, and the free games, is there any other benefit I'm missing?

No you're not missing anything I wouldn't think, I have a PS4 for exclusives and I've no need for PSPlus as I do my multiplayer gaming on PC/Xbox. If it's your main system it makes sense to get it obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Went to respond yesterday but my internet crapped out at home. I'd say most people get it for the online. The free games or discounts haven't been great imo, although in saying that Until Dawn was fantastic and Just Cause 3 pretty good. If they can keep it at that level it would be a big improvement.
    I did get some decent games towards the end of the PS3 also so maybe the quality will improve on PS4.
    It's only €50 (€60) over the year so it won't be a life changing decision for most but it's the online feature that's the big selling point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I get it mainly for the free games as I don't play multiplayer at all. It's also handy for bigger discounts on some games during sales. For instance, I picked up the Witness for €8.44 in this sale but the discounted price without PS Plus was €13.99 and games like Nioh, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Bloodbourne and Horizon: Zero Dawn have extra discounts on them for PS Plus members in the sale. It probably pays for itself in terms of the discounts I get over the year. Some of the games aren't great but then I have gotten the likes of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Journey, Until Dawn, Valiant Hearts and the Unfinished Swan for the PS4. There's always enough good games and discounts during the year for it to be good value to me personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I personally definitely get €50 value out of it a year ignoring PSN but I don't recommend it to friends who don't use online unless they're likely to use the free games and the discounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Free games and discounts on game purchases is the main reason I have it. I also use it for cloud saves of my games which was useful when I switched the hard drive and made the change very painless. No interest in online at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

tallpaul wrote: »
    Free games and discounts on game purchases is the main reason I have it. I also use it for cloud saves of my games which was useful when I switched the hard drive and made the change very painless. No interest in online at all.

I'm in the same boat as to why I have plus. I do find it ridiculous that cloud saves are behind the paywall, should be available to all users.

Free games and discounts on game purchases is the main reason I have it.

The thing is, with the free games you are limited to what they select. If it was a case of "here are a selection of 20 games and you can pick one" then I might go for it.

I haven't really been interested in the ones they've chosen in the past and in the odd month where they *may* select one I want, I could invariably purchase it outright for around €12 when it's on sale, and be able to play it in years to come without relying on a subscription.

The discounts are the main thing that might interest me, but the savings on the games I select are perhaps less than the €50 I would spend on the subscription so ends up a loss in the end (also if I really want a discount I can just create a new account and get the 2 weeks free).

TLDR: I guess if you are picky about games (and don't care about online), PS+ probably isn't beneficial.

To be honest, I'm only really interested in VR from now on, I can't go back. In fact I can't play my Xbox / Wii U any longer... feckin thing has ruined gaming for me on anything else.

So that rules out the free games thing for me I guess. I doubt they'll make one of the free games a VR-exclusive and even if they do it'll be so rare as to be less value than spending €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No you're not missing anything I wouldn't think, I have a PS4 for exclusives and I've no need for PSPlus as I do my multiplayer gaming on PC/Xbox. If it's your main system it makes sense to get it obviously.

You can't use Cloud Saves without Plus.

To be honest, I'm only really interested in VR from now on, I can't go back. In fact I can't play my Xbox / Wii U any longer... feckin thing has ruined gaming for me on anything else.

So that rules out the free games thing for me I guess. I doubt they'll make one of the free games a VR-exclusive and even if they do it'll be so rare as to be less value than spending €50.

Well if you're only playing VR, it's really not going to be any benefit to you beyond maybe cloud saves which I couldn't really imagine being worth the money every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Thats being kind. Just Cause being an exception to the free games I downloaded. The free games I get on Xbox Live are much better.

Thats being kind. Just Cause being an exception to the free games I downloaded. The free games I get on Xbox Live are much better.

Games with films line up has been awful for months. PS+ have been killing it all year, sure I have no interest in many but they are going for interesting left field choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

New Humble Bundle available of 2K games, mainly PS3. Requires a psn account from an American country.

https://www.humblebundle.com/2k-playstation-bundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They go through bad patches as well. Bayonetta is good this month and Slime Rancher is surprisingly good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Domt think anyone can say objectively that either GwG or PS+ is better. Both services are very similar and the quality of the games will always be subjective to the people playing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Any bargains on 500gb consoles out there atm? Best I'm seeing is this deal

Comes to ~€275, and while I have no interest in any of the games in the bundle they can be sold for €80-€100, meaning the PS4 itself will cost something around €200, is there anything out there for a new 500gb that be close to this?

anything out there for a new 500gb that be close to this?

You be wanting a Pro

When did we all start talking like pirates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You be wanting a Pro

When did we all start talking like pirates?

4K tv be out of the budget for a while yet matey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New sale on Irish PSN store
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show

Remember, the previous sale items will still be discounted until 10.59pm tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Wolfenstein:The New Order for a fiver! Surely I can't go wrong at this price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cracking game, a lot better than the sequel prequel "the old blood".

Wolfenstein:The New Order for a fiver! Surely I can't go wrong at this price?

Definitely not. One of the best FPS out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You'd be daft not to spend 6 quid on that, an utterly brilliant game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Life is Strange and Firewatch for 8 euro each are absolute must buys.

I'm trying to buy TWD A new Fronteir season pass for 13 but it says I can't buy it because I already own ep 1 and 2. It will cost me more to buy the rest of the episodes individually, just let me buy the ****ing season pass!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement