Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

goddamn sale will break me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm struggling whether to pick up Horizon: Zero Dawn. It looks damn pretty but is it a very repetitive game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm struggling whether to pick up Horizon: Zero Dawn. It looks damn pretty but is it a very repetitive game?

I know I'm in the minority but I found it boring. Very very pretty to look at but the missions didn't grip me at all, picked up Dying Light in the recent sale and blew Horizon out of the water, for me anyway. Haven't gone back to it since and will be trading it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm the opposite to Zero. Tried twice now to get into Dying Light but can't. It could be that I'm just chicken****. I loved HZD first time round but it has little to no replayability and I felt it a bit of a chore trying to do so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

4K tv be out of the budget for a while yet matey

Most new content seems to be "enhanced for Pro", so if I were in your boat I'd be looking at getting a cheaper Pro as it does make an enormous difference judging by what I've seen.

I have a Slim, but considering getting a Pro.

It's not necessarily the 4K output that's the draw as I only have 1080p, but games look better and run smoother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm trying to buy TWD A new Fronteir season pass for 13 but it says I can't buy it because I already own ep 1 and 2. It will cost me more to buy the rest of the episodes individually, just let me buy the ****ing season pass!

Yeah, I've seen this on some things. Absolutely stupid, can understand it's there to prevent someone buying content twice but should be a warning rather than blocking the purchase.

Hmmm... Dirt Rally + VR for €20 seems good?

Note... same sale is on the UK store but, well, cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, I've seen this on some things. Absolutely stupid, can understand it's there to prevent someone buying content twice but should be a warning rather than blocking the purchase.

Yeah, I'm checking with PS support about it but if there's no way to get it, it would completely put me off buying the rest of the episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yes, it's just a typical open world game tbh. I'm currently playing through it now, about a third of the way through and I'm enjoying it I just don't know for how long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah, I'm checking with PS support about it but if there's no way to get it, it would completely put me off buying the rest of the episodes.

Same thing happened with me with Battlefront, tried to buy the Ultimate Edition which was on sale for something like €10 but it wouldn't leave me purchase it cause i already owned the base game, and the season pass at the time was €20, it's a joke really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I know I'm in the minority but I found it boring. Very very pretty to look at but the missions didn't grip me at all, picked up Dying Light in the recent sale and blew Horizon out of the water, for me anyway. Haven't gone back to it since and will be trading it soon.

I thought it was dire, looked nice but the combat and running around bored me, this coming from an AC, Tomb Raider fan btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

mrcheez wrote: »

Note... same sale is on the UK store but, well, cheaper.

Oh really...

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yes, it's just a typical open world game tbh. I'm currently playing through it now, about a third of the way through and I'm enjoying it I just don't know for how long.
    SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I thought it was dire, looked nice but the combat and running around bored me, this coming from an AC, Tomb Raider fan btw.

Yeah, I think I'll pick it up when it drops further in price. Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

EoinHef wrote: »
    Domt think anyone can say objectively that either GwG or PS+ is better. Both services are very similar and the quality of the games will always be subjective to the people playing them.

Opinions are subjective...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Last day to get Knack for a fiver on PSN.

Do yourself a favour and play this legendary game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Last day to get Knack for a fiver on PSN.

Do yourself a favour and play this legendary game.

Apparently it'll be on PS+ soon...

Knack 2 is coming soon isn't it? Would be a perfect time for the first to be on PS Plus…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

tallpaul wrote: »
    Wolfenstein:The New Order for a fiver! Surely I can't go wrong at this price?
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Cracking game, a lot better than the sequel prequel "the old blood".
    Definitely not. One of the best FPS out there.

Had €5 in my wallet, so I bought Wolfenstein on the back of these posts

Another game on my ever growing list of games to play...

mrcheez wrote: »
    Oh really...

I wasn't sure what it would be like without a wheel.

Then I read this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/5vr0ay/is_dirt_rally_worth_the_price_even_without_a_wheel/

79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Had €5 in my wallet, so I bought Wolfenstein on the back of these posts

Another game on my ever growing list of games to play...

Bump it to the top. It's worth it. Plus it's only eight or nine hours long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭wotausername

Is payday 2 any good?! Is it worth getting if playing solo?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Knack 2 is coming soon isn't it? Would be a perfect time for the first to be on PS Plus…

Will be released on 05/09. We could say the same about Wolfenstein.

Damn it, just bought Wolfenstein.

I hope they don't add it to monthly games next.

Not sure if discussed yet, but 49.99 for 15 months psplus subscription if bought until 29th this month.

Is it not complete gash though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone know when the offer on Dirt Rally and VR for 20 Euro ends? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Danick wrote: »
    Anyone know when the offer on Dirt Rally and VR for 20 Euro ends? Thanks

06/09/2017 11:59 pm

That's what I can see on my ps app.

My God I've never felt sick in VR until Dirt Rally. Horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

My God I've never felt sick in VR until Dirt Rally. Horrible.
    To be fair I think this is a sign of a good rally simulator.
    If I was drifting at a 45 degree angle around the corner of a narrow dirt road on a mountain-side in a big metal box going 70mph I'd probably vomit everywhere. :pac:

Well to be fair, I'd been really sick all week and was just getting back to normal. I'd played Dirt Rally in Oculus many times before and never had an issue in the least. I hope my brain isn't gone to mush now.

Guitar Hero Live is €19 in Argos at the moment. Is it worth the punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

If you liked the old games, you'll get €19 worth of enjoyment out of it.

I quite liked it, the new guitar layout took a bit of getting used to (I used to be able to play most songs on expert but not this game!) - biggest downfall of the game is the token system for playing the Live mode.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement