Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Guitar Hero Live is €19 in Argos at the moment. Is it worth the punt?

For sure. The live tv thing is a never ending source of new tunes. The songs in the campaign are utter crap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Definitely have been meaning to pick it up again, I believe I paid 60 for it or something and was totally worth it..

2 weeks ago they had the 2 guitar set for about 27euro or something... I think Cex will give near 19euro for it with a guitar anyways so if you don't like it you could get cash back for it.. Hard to get the hang of it but just keep practicing and you will get used to it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

maximoose wrote: »
    If you liked the old games, you'll get €19 worth of enjoyment out of it.

I quite liked it, the new guitar layout took a bit of getting used to (I used to be able to play most songs on expert but not this game!) - biggest downfall of the game is the token system for playing the Live mode.

How does the token system work because the songs on the disk look pretty crappy and I'm not going to spend any more money on it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

The Guitar Hero TV mode is like music channels, there's a couple you can choose from that are different genres and you play along live with other people. This mode has a separate (and better) playlist from career and either you have to play along with whatever is on the channel, or you can use 'play tokens' to pick a song. You earn tokens from logging in each day and playing songs, or you can pay real money for them.

It wasn't too annoying but there were times I was playing with friends and we just wanted to pick a bunch of songs we liked and play, but didn't have any stupid tokens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

My God I've never felt sick in VR until Dirt Rally. Horrible.

yeah? hmmmm... still considering giving it a shot though.

I do wish they'd have more demos up as you get with PC :(

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    yeah? hmmmm... still considering giving it a shot though.

I do wish they'd have more demos up as you get with PC :(

I'm sure it'll be fine. I almost passed out in work earlier this week and have been recovering slowly. It's bound to be that. I'll give it another go later on.

My PC wasn't powerful enough to run it that well, and this version is smooth as silk. Go for it.

Had another try, was fine. It's pretty class to be fair. I like Driveclub VR a lot, but this make it look stupid. Defo go for it. Make sure to wear headphones, you can hear all the little noises of your car as you bomb along.

Had another try, was fine. It's pretty class to be fair. I like Driveclub VR a lot, but this make it look stupid. Defo go for it. Make sure to wear headphones, you can hear all the little noises of your car as you bomb along.

I'm there ... I take it DS4 control is grand?

Would like to get a wheel, but dammit I'll be peripheralled-out at this stage. Aim controller was my last peripheral...

...until proper haptic suits are available that is

Controller is fine yeah. It's not easy, so drive carefull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Controller is fine yeah. It's not easy, so drive carefull!

Yeah rwd cars are very squirrelly in Dirt Rally on a controller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Couldn't resist Duke Nukem for €7.99 for some nostalgic, pixeleted goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Ever since the last update months ago it's uplayable due to lag, they still never fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Ever since the last update months ago it's uplayable due to lag, they still never fixed it.

Yeah, I think I'll leave it. It's a great price and all but the token system sounds like a bit of a pain in the hole and if there's a bad lag on it, I'd end up putting the controller through the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Glad I read this before I spent any money on it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I see Nex Machine is on sale for €12. Is it worth a punt?

Also is there any stand out bargains in the under €20 sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

DeSelby83 wrote: »

The Witcher, Wolfenstein and The Walking Dead Season 1 are all great prices. I'd recommend the season pass for The Witcher also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Nex Machina is fantastic if you're looking for a twin stick arcade shooter. I wish I could put more time into it... just so many games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

tok9 wrote: »
    Nex Machina is fantastic if you're looking for a twin stick arcade shooter. I wish I could put more time into it... just so many games.

I have to stay away from the Store, not only do I wind up spending money, on Nex Machina, Little Nightmares and Assetto Corsa, like last night, but I spend more time browsing than playing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭eamo22

The Witcher, Wolfenstein and The Walking Dead Season 1 are all great prices. I'd recommend the season pass for The Witcher also.

The witcher over 2 years old and still play it from time to time. Anybody that hasnt played it should get it and the dlc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got Nex Machina on the sale. It's fantastic, it's like resogun on steroids. Can be hard to see what's happening on screen at times but it's good fun. Have only played on easy so far but really liking it

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have to stay away from the Store, not only do I wind up spending money, on Nex Machina, Little Nightmares and Assetto Corsa, like last night, but I spend more time browsing than playing!!

Try to not get distracted with huge bargains and go for the games you know you will likely play in next few days.

Its tough but you'll feel a lot happier in the long run ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Try to not get distracted with huge bargains and go for the games you know you will likely play in next few days.

Great time to be a consumer.

I only ever buy the likes of FPS and fighting games from launch as I know I'll be playing them literally for years.

Everything else I wait until it's €20 or less which a lot of the time is very quickly these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh I know,
    I have an obscene amount of systems (60) and games (more than I can count) and it takes considerable willpower to apply myself to one game.
    But Nex Machina had input from Eugene Jarvis ffs! I mean, along with Jeff Minter, anything he makes is worth trying, especially a twin stick god like Jarvis.

I'm sure it'll be fine. I almost passed out in work earlier this week and have been recovering slowly. It's bound to be that. I'll give it another go later on.

My PC wasn't powerful enough to run it that well, and this version is smooth as silk. Go for it.

Dirt VR is fantastic.

I do very well in the Rally sections (coming 2nd place) but dying in the race sections with the joker laps. Consistently last place.

Definitely pushing me to get a Pro though, to enhance the graphics (that and Res Evil)

Same as that, can't figure out the races at all. Always last.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

Wolfenstein The New Order on the PS store for a fiver, well worth it I reckon!

nerobert wrote: »
    Wolfenstein The New Order on the PS store for a fiver, well worth it I reckon!

it is indeed

Just throwing this in here.
    Get in quick before it's gone!
    http://www.adverts.ie/13621027

That is going to burn a house down one day.

• Advertisement

My eyes... oh god...

*grabs spoon and starts gouging*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement