Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Only if you're in the US.

Second Son and Child of light here isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Second Son and Child of light here isnt it?

Aye, the PS3 and PS Vita games are completely different as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Free games this month

Only if you're in the US.

Oops, wrong video. The main game was right though...
    Your PlayStation Plus games in September include Infamous: Second Son, RIGS & Child of Light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Strike Vector EX is a great little space shooter, a lot of fun and well worth picking up even if you have to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Gta V is on sale for €29.99 on the store until 04/09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

guil wrote: »
    Gta V is on sale for €29.99 on the store until 04/09

That game was released in 2013, are any other 2013 games still holding their value like that??

I've always said I'll wait until it drops to around €10, but looks cars will be flying at that stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

mrcheez wrote: »
    That game was released in 2013, are any other 2013 games still holding their value like that??

I've always said I'll wait until it drops to around €10, but looks cars will be flying at that stage

You can buy a copy in Argos for 34.99 and trade in to CEX for €20 (or €26 store credit) when you are done with it.

If you are planning to keep it, then €29.99 is a bargain.

GTA always hold its value well until the new one is announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah small bit of a flash sale for this weekend only

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?platform=PS4&sort=date&display=table

Yakuza 0 for 30 euro. You might find it cheaper online but it's such a class game.

Mafia 3 Deluxe at 30 as well. I heard the dlc was good for it but don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It really does. I was going to buy it a week or two ago at full price.
    wonski wrote: »
    You can buy a copy in Argos for 34.99 and trade in to CEX for €20 (or €26 store credit) when you are done with it.

If you are planning to keep it, then €29.99 is a bargain.

GTA always hold its value well until the new one is announced.

I used to play gta regularly with the crew from here but sold it on. I saw it in Argos or Smyths but would rather the download version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

This game is fantastic, 30 quid is a bargain mate you wont regret it.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    This game is fantastic, 30 quid is a bargain mate you wont regret it.

Ah I don't really have the time for epic games any longer that's why I would only pay the lower price as I'll realistically only get about 15% of the way into the game :/

I love games you can finish in a day like Inside etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

This particular version was released in Nov 2014 though!
    Still, absolutely amazing staying power for a game :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

marcbrophy wrote: »
    This particular version was released in Nov 2014 though!
    Still, absolutely amazing staying power for a game :eek:

Mario and Pokémon games are the only others I've seen to hold value so well, incredible achievement for a cross platform game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Bloodborne is $8 on US PSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

My son just missed a bargain discount On Black Ops II season pass at €19.99 on PS store, it's now €49.99

Any ideas wher it may be cheaper, seems a heck of a lot for a pack for an old game

My son just missed a bargain discount On Black Ops II season pass at €19.99 on PS store, it's now €49.99

Any ideas wher it may be cheaper, seems a heck of a lot for a pack for an old game

Is that Black Ops 2 Gold Edition?

Psprices has a good graph tracking how often drops take place so you could use that as a guide for the next drop

https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/97046/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-gold-edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

ShaneU wrote: »
    Bloodborne is $8 on US PSN

Goty? If not it's worth getting the DLC too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Goty? If not it's worth getting the DLC too

I can vouch for this. Had never played a From Software but Bloodborne is easily my favourite game in a long time.

Unfortunately I've hadn't had much time to play in the last two weeks but hope to get back into this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Mafia 3 finally. Have it on Steam but runs like a dog on my PC, seems to be up my street though.

• Advertisement

Mafia 3 finally. Have it on Steam but runs like a dog on my PC, seems to be up my street though.

The repetition is strong in this and kicks in early. Only had a hand full of decent story missions. The rest is cut and paste , rinse repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Paid 22 euros for lost lagucy.

Sold back to cex for 19 euros and got the jak pre order.

I would say to anyone get 'LL as it's one of the must fun uncharted farms I have played everything is perfect with it. The open lv design and levaeing you to explore it is perfect.

I would love for the next one to be a big open world where you can just explore and find everything your self. Kind of like black flag was. As give me a big world a fun story and good puzzles and I am glued to the game.

In 'LL I did not even see 3 hours going by in one sitting of it !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Argos have 12 months psplus for €50 atm. I thought it was gone up to €60 but not yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Wish I'd bought one or two more when it was down to €30

€60 seems very high. I know you get content and online access etc but it just feels that little bit too much.

Wish I'd bought one or two more when it was down to €30

€60 seems very high. I know you get content and online access etc but it just feels that little bit too much.

Need to go back to when xbox live 1st came out back in 07 08. 60 euros a year with no games included.

That's why I think even at 60 Euro psn is a bargain you get 48 games and your online play and extra discounts on games as well deal and 1/2 If you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Need to go back to when xbox live 1st came out back in 07 08. 60 euros a year with no games included.

That's why I think even at 60 Euro psn is a bargain you get 48 games and your online play and extra discounts on games as well deal and 1/2 If you ask me

The good thing about Live is you don't need an Irish Subscription as any region will work, it's a shame it's not the same with Sony.

Amazon have 12 months now for £38.75 which works out less than €40 for Live.

That's why I think even at 60 Euro psn is a bargain you get 48 games

48 games you have no choice in, and 95% you probably wouldn't bother buying otherwise.

I think a better model for this would be to offer a selection of 8 games (one of them a VR title) and you select two to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

48 games you have no choice in, and 95% you probably wouldn't bother buying otherwise.

I think a better model for this would be to offer a selection of 8 games (one of them a VR title) and you select two to download.

Not a bad idea.

Or just give me online for €30.

I don't want or need the games.

As you say above I probably only play a small handful each year and only because they're free.

• Advertisement

Still you forgot the old days you did not even get one game

Even if you don't won't the games 48 games that you get for free as long as you keep paying for psn plus how bad like ?. You will won t at lest 12 of them games....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement